+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

Bby

Jan 2, 2020
I hope I get the same result as yours, I'm quite worried because until now I don't received any email from the embassy. After my re-xray they told me to wait for the email from embassy with regarding to my medical, I'm hoping the delay is because of past holidays. What did the email from embassy told you about the results of your medical?

Bby

Jan 2, 2020
I received my visa approval less than a week after my re xray
I hope I get the same result as yours, I'm quite worried because until now I don't received any email from the embassy. After my re-xray they told me to wait for the email from embassy with regarding to my medical, I'm hoping the delay is because of past holidays. What did the email from embassy told you about the results of your medical?

Melvin026

Aug 5, 2019
They emailed me for the request passport for stamping visa. They dont say anything about my re xray.. only the dr. Says that maybe its already a scars so were good thats it

Bby

Jan 2, 2020
They emailed me for the request passport for stamping visa. They dont say anything about my re xray.. only the dr. Says that maybe its already a scars so were good thats it
Ohhh. My agency haven't lodge my application maybe that's why. Thank you so much for infos. G Goodluck on your studies.

Raihael

Jan 24, 2020
I hope someone could help us on this. We have a relative coming to canada as an international student. He just need a medical report for his visa application. But when he had his medical exam done in st. Lukes manila. They suspected he had a tb. He has been healthy and active for much of his life, he doesnt smoke or drink and he has his own business. My question is does he needs to undergo with the tb treatment for the 6 mos. period?. Is it worth the try to seek a second opinion? We are running out of time. Please help

dhillon0001

Aug 28, 2019
I hope someone could help us on this. We have a relative coming to canada as an international student. He just need a medical report for his visa application. But when he had his medical exam done in st. Lukes manila. They suspected he had a tb. He has been healthy and active for much of his life, he doesnt smoke or drink and he has his own business. My question is does he needs to undergo with the tb treatment for the 6 mos. period?. Is it worth the try to seek a second opinion? We are running out of time. Please help

It Does not matter he/she drinking alcohol or not even does not matter he/she smoking or not . If doctor found PTB in his/her body then he/she better to get treatment for it . I am also a Software developer never did smoking / drinking but I was got PTB few years back and It was worst thing for me in life . I did almost almost 12 months of treatment . I already discussed each and everything in this forum you can check . In short, you need to check following things if doctor said he/she have PTB / TB :

1. In which part of body doctor found the TB and what are the reports ?
  2. if doctor said he/she have PTB then his/her xray have not normal It will have a scar on xray please check the xray report and verify the xray .
  3. We can mot say this person have Active TB only behalf of Xray, he needs to be do 3 sputum cultural tests which results will take 45 to 60 days to figure out .
  4. After Sputum reports, If these are normal then do a repeat X ray and If Xray remains same as like previous Xray then nothing to worry But If Xray have some major changes then go for CT scan and bronchoscopy, It is the finest method to find PTB / TB in Lungs .
  5. If Sputum reports are not normal then also do Xray and compare it with old one . If Xray will not match then go for treatment immediately .
=> With above mentioned process following signs are important during active TB:
  • Fever in the evening everyday,
  • weight loss
  • no mood for eat or less eating
  • weakness
  • cough
  • cough in the morning or evening
  • cough with blood in the morning
  • pain in chest
  • sound in chest during breath in & out
  • night sweating
So If He/she don't have above signs that means he/she have in earlier stage of TB or may be have latent TB (If all sputum reports are normal then latent TB otherwise early stage of TB) . Latent TB does not dangerous as like Active TB , It will not make you sick as long as It will not converted into Active TB . So you need to take treatment for Latent TB as well or/and you need to maintain extremely healthy diet at least for 1-2 years in regular basis that's it .

If you have any doubt feel free to revert back , As like me someone will definitely reply .

Note : TB is 100% curable (Only drug resistant TB's are major challenge)

Reactions: Artk and Mei_Ji

Raihael

Jan 24, 2020
It Does not matter he/she drinking alcohol or not even does not matter he/she smoking or not . If doctor found PTB in his/her body then he/she better to get treatment for it . I am also a Software developer never did smoking / drinking but I was got PTB few years back and It was worst thing for me in life . I did almost almost 12 months of treatment . I already discussed each and everything in this forum you can check . In short, you need to check following things if doctor said he/she have PTB / TB :

1. In which part of body doctor found the TB and what are the reports ?
  2. if doctor said he/she have PTB then his/her xray have not normal It will have a scar on xray please check the xray report and verify the xray .
  3. We can mot say this person have Active TB only behalf of Xray, he needs to be do 3 sputum cultural tests which results will take 45 to 60 days to figure out .
  4. After Sputum reports, If these are normal then do a repeat X ray and If Xray remains same as like previous Xray then nothing to worry But If Xray have some major changes then go for CT scan and bronchoscopy, It is the finest method to find PTB / TB in Lungs .
  5. If Sputum reports are not normal then also do Xray and compare it with old one . If Xray will not match then go for treatment immediately .
=> With above mentioned process following signs are important during active TB:
  • Fever in the evening everyday,
  • weight loss
  • no mood for eat or less eating
  • weakness
  • cough
  • cough in the morning or evening
  • cough with blood in the morning
  • pain in chest
  • sound in chest during breath in & out
  • night sweating
So If He/she don't have above signs that means he/she have in earlier stage of TB or may be have latent TB (If all sputum reports are normal then latent TB otherwise early stage of TB) . Latent TB does not dangerous as like Active TB , It will not make you sick as long as It will not converted into Active TB . So you need to take treatment for Latent TB as well or/and you need to maintain extremely healthy diet at least for 1-2 years in regular basis that's it .

If you have any doubt feel free to revert back , As like me someone will definitely reply .

Note : TB is 100% curable (Only drug resistant TB's are major challenge)
Thank you for the reply, We haven’t got the results yet as they say it will take a week to get it. Plus we have to pay extra to get a copy. Which is unbelievable. We are running out of time because my relative’s school intake will be on march 10. If we do the sputum test and if it happens that he has ptb then there’s no way we will get it done on time. I may have to notify the school that we encounter this problem and wait for what they have to say.

dhillon0001

Aug 28, 2019
Thank you for the reply, We haven’t got the results yet as they say it will take a week to get it. Plus we have to pay extra to get a copy. Which is unbelievable. We are running out of time because my relative’s school intake will be on march 10. If we do the sputum test and if it happens that he has ptb then there’s no way we will get it done on time. I may have to notify the school that we encounter this problem and wait for what they have to say.
If your relative have signs of TB which I mentioned then forget about college just focus on results and if they are positive then please take the treatment which is important . And you don't need to pay money just doctor will provide you a doctor letter where he needs to mention your status of reports . Health is more important . One more thing if you found the doctor is greedy you can go to any other doctor who have expertise in PTB and who have atleast MD + PTB Diploma + 20 - 40 years of experience .

Jhonmark

Feb 6, 2020
Patapos na po ko sa sputum ko sa feb 13 pero need padin mag wait ng march 13 para sa re xray, ask ko lang if yung me mga scar lang ba and spot sa lungs yung may chance na bumagsak sa re xray? Kasi yung saken sinabi ng st lukes ok naman lungs pero may blurr daw sa may bandang balikat ko d ko din gets bat need ako ipa sputum dahil dun.. thanks!

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi guys!

Didn't know I'll end up with abnormal x-ray, but so life goes :)

It was completely out of the blue for me. No one has ever had TB in my family and I have no signs of it. But seems like my PP has different opinion. Anyway, I was sent to do sputum 3 times. My PP is always on the phone, he constantly informs me of the analysis updates. Preliminary result is negative, now I have to wait for 6 weeks or so, as usual.

Really hope everything will turned out fine. Thank you for this tread, it gives a lot of hope and courage. Thanks to dhillion0001 for the detailed info.

For the records:
PNP Outland
Upfront Medical: January 27
Sputum tests: January 28-30
Preliminary results: Confirmed negative on February 4
AOR: February 5

Will keep you posted.

Reactions: Mtille

Jhonmark

Feb 6, 2020
Wh
Hi guys!

It was completely out of the blue for me. No one has ever had TB in my family and I have no signs of it. But seems like my PP has different opinion. Anyway, I was sent to do sputum 3 times. My PP is always on the phone, he constantly informs me of the analysis updates. Preliminary result is negative, now I have to wait for 6 weeks or so, as usual.

Really hope everything will turned out fine. Thank you for this tread, it gives a lot of hope and courage. Thanks to dhillion0001 for the detailed info.

For the records:
PNP Outland

Will keep you posted.
Hi guys!

For the records:
PNP Outland

Will keep you posted.
what was seen on your xray?

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Wh

what was seen on your xray?
Honestly – I'm not sure I can explain it correctly in English. I'm originally Russian so the explanation PP gave was in Russian as well. The closest thing I can translate is something about small (he underlined it) pleural infusion in the upper right part of the lung. PP also said it might be the consequences of a severe cold or something, but he should ask me to undergo additional test anyway.

Maybe he just didn't want to scare me beforehand by mentioning the cold :) I believe he saw I was shocked and almost panicking when he said there was something wrong on the first place.

Jhonmark

Feb 6, 2020
Honestly – I'm not sure I can explain it correctly in English. I'm originally Russian so the explanation PP gave was in Russian as well. The closest thing I can translate is something about small (he underlined it) pleural infusion in the upper right part of the lung. PP also said it might be the consequences of a severe cold or something, but he should ask me to undergo additional test anyway.

Maybe he just didn't want to scare me beforehand by mentioning the cold :) I believe he saw I was shocked and almost panicking when he said there was something wrong on the first place.
Yeah whatever they saw on the xray they suspected it to be tb that’s why. My xray result was that i have like a blurr on my shoulder area but no where near my lungs but still needed to be cultured for 2 months! It’s gonna be my 2nd month this feb 13 but i still have to wait another month for xray.. i’ll keep you posted and i hope everything turns out well for both of us!

Reactions: Artk

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah whatever they saw on the xray they suspected it to be tb that’s why. My xray result was that i have like a blurr on my shoulder area but no where near my lungs but still needed to be cultured for 2 months! It’s gonna be my 2nd month this feb 13 but i still have to wait another month for xray.. i’ll keep you posted and i hope everything turns out well for both of us!
Thanks a lot, I hope everything will be fine for both of us, really.
Did you receive the Additional Medical Examinations Required letter?

I got one today from The London Regional Medical Office, they kinda give me 60 days to submit the update. 2 weeks already passed since I sputum tests, I guess, there are only 6 weeks left for the results. The timing seems ok, I should meet the deadline, I suppose.