+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
Not 100% sure. Would plan for sponsorship to likely take a bit more than a year but it is very hard to estimate these things. TB testing is very common in India. If you have any irregularity in your lung they can’t tell if it is old or new if you don’t have previous imaging with the same irregularity. Your wife will be ask to repeat the x-ray as well to compare. If the irregularity is gone or looks the same it is fine. Canada has a very low level of TB. It is almost always limited to refugees, homeless people and unfortunately people living in reserves due to overcrowding. Canada wants to avoid TB being found In Canada because it has become drug resistant in many places and it can be long and hard to treat.
Thanks for the response

Jhonmark

Feb 6, 2020
How are you doing there, friend? Did they call you with your results, or you're just going to do re X-ray this Friday?
Bro! Yeah i just finished my xray this morning thank God my x ray was stable after 3 months, don’t worry most of the People that undergo sputum pass it, you will pass yours aswell!

Reactions: Mtille and Artk

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Bro! Yeah i just finished my xray this morning thank God my x ray was stable after 3 months, don’t worry most of the People that undergo sputum pass it, you will pass yours aswell!
Hi, during your re xray, did they show you the xray film and is the blur still there or is it totally cleared? thanks

Jhonmark

Feb 6, 2020
Hi, during your re xray, did they show you the xray film and is the blur still there or is it totally cleared? thanks
Hi,on my second x ray they just told me that everything was stable and im done with medical. I got a peek though and honestly it looks just like a regular xray,same as my first x ray.

Reactions: desmonddoss

shiba.sharma

Oct 28, 2019
Hi,
For immigration medical my chest x-ray came out having a scar and after testing for cultures it was positive having identification of TB. I'll be starting 6 months of medications. Could anyone pls give me a timeline and other test if would be required after medication is done. That is, is there any approx number of months after which my medical will be passed. As i am really worried if I have to get my fees refunded from the college and drop the idea of going. Pls requesting everyone who can help me out and give your piece of advise on this.

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
Hi ,

My spouse gave the last sputum sample on 12th March .After that we have not got any update.
The gckey account still says your action is required.
Can you let us know normally when that does update and normally when after sputum test we get update

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi ,

My spouse gave the last sputum sample on 12th March .After that we have not got any update.
The gckey account still says your action is required.
Can you let us know normally when that does update and normally when after sputum test we get update
Hi!
After the last sputum test provided you have to wait for 8 weeks for the results. If there is no TB, then normally you do re x-ray and you are done with the medicals. The PP should tell you the date when to do re-xray.

If your wife did last sputum sample on March 12, the results should be ready around May 7 (8 weeks from March 12, you can count).

I am actually always on the phone with my PP, he informs me accordingly on all the updates. Maybe it's a good idea to contact your PP just to be sure on your next steps and to verify the dates.

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
Hello All,

Sptum test of my wife came up negative.She went for repeat xray on 13th May .Doctor told her that it looks fine and they would submit reports.Till now status has not changed on gckey .It still says medical test requsted and your action is required.Now we are worried if everything is fine or not.Normally after how much time does the status for medical change in GCKEY

Thanks for your help

Regards,
Jasdeep

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hello All,

Sptum test of my wife came up negative.She went for repeat xray on 13th May .Doctor told her that it looks fine and they would submit reports.Till now status has not changed on gckey .It still says medical test requsted and your action is required.Now we are worried if everything is fine or not.Normally after how much time does the status for medical change in GCKEY

Thanks for your help

Regards,
Jasdeep
I think there's a delay because even after I passed the medical last March there's still no update anymore until now. They sent me a request last Feb. and I finished all the test by Feb.25 then by March 26th the status on gckey changed into medical passed.

Dmoa

May 28, 2020
Hi,
For immigration medical my chest x-ray came out having a scar and after testing for cultures it was positive having identification of TB. I'll be starting 6 months of medications. Could anyone pls give me a timeline and other test if would be required after medication is done. That is, is there any approx number of months after which my medical will be passed. As i am really worried if I have to get my fees refunded from the college and drop the idea of going. Pls requesting everyone who can help me out and give your piece of advise on this.
Hi, after the 6months medication,you would be required to do sputum culture test and another chest X-ray. If it's all clear,that would be all,but if the IRCC medical team are still sceptical about the X-ray,you might be told to do another chest X-ray after 3months. In my case,after completing the 6months medication,I went for Sputum culture test and Chest x-ray. Culture results came out negative as well as smear results but they were not convinced about the chest X-ray. Another X-ray was requested after 3months. They were still not satisfied with it and I was told to do another Sputum culture test,Chest X-ray after 3months and see a chest physician to rule out incomplete treatment.I'm done with all those now and I finally passed my medical in Feb,2020. Mind you,I started my TB medication on the 16th of Feb,2019 and completed it August 2nd. All the best!

dhillon0001

Aug 28, 2019
Hi, after the 6months medication,you would be required to do sputum culture test and another chest X-ray. If it's all clear,that would be all,but if the IRCC medical team are still sceptical about the X-ray,you might be told to do another chest X-ray after 3months. In my case,after completing the 6months medication,I went for Sputum culture test and Chest x-ray. Culture results came out negative as well as smear results but they were not convinced about the chest X-ray. Another X-ray was requested after 3months. They were still not satisfied with it and I was told to do another Sputum culture test,Chest X-ray after 3months and see a chest physician to rule out incomplete treatment.I'm done with all those now and I finally passed my medical in Feb,2020. Mind you,I started my TB medication on the 16th of Feb,2019 and completed it August 2nd. All the best!
@shiba.sharma and @Dmoa : Please read this link it . I hope you will feel positive after reading it : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pulmonary-tuberculosis-active-inactive-history-sputum-tests-6-mos-medication.150897/post-8130733

Shiba , dear I advice you, first of nothing to worry because health is must, please take it positive because if you did not go for visa then who knows how you will found that you have scar on chest . and secondly I advice you if you does not have any symptoms like : shortness in breath , fever , badly or dry cough , chest pain etc then Just go for the consultation with top notch doctor of PTB/Chest medicine who have minimum MD + PTB diploma + 10 years of exp . If the doctor will have good experience he can tell you from your xray you have active tb or not .

Secondly suppose if doctor will find you have positive then nothing to worry, because tb is 100% curable . Me also affected from this diseases and I know the pain and pressure of that situation but the best thing is that, I recovered very soon .

I recovered with in 2 months but for completion of treatment I took medicine for 11 months .

I advice you if you will get positive , focus on your diet and timing of medicine, it is must .Good diet will help you recover fast. you can contact me anytime if you need any type consultation or suggestion.

I hope you will clear the Medical Exam without treatment I mean doctor will say, you are fine no need for tb treatment . Please visit to PTB top notch doctor ok... Good luck !!

Reactions: Mtille

dhillon0001

Aug 28, 2019
Hello All,

Thanks for your help

Regards,
Jasdeep
Don't worry just wait and watch keep checking the gckey and also contact to the hospital and confirm that they have sent your results to immigration office .
Good luck !!

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
Is there a way to contact Delhi High commision office to check if medical is passed.I sent a case specific enquire but have not got any response.
Does calling on CIC help centre will help to check on status of medical

Wamlambez

Oct 15, 2019
Hey I hope you’re able to see this 4 years later. When you did the second x-Ray, were the results the same as before or was there an improvement?