+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

darshanmodi

Jul 30, 2018
Hi All,

Today me and my wife went for the medical examination for Express Entry. Mine was fine but in my wife's x-ray report they found out some scar. Actually my wife was diagnosed with TB while in childhood at 3 years of age. And it got cured with 6 months of medications. But the scar is still there. I am trying to find out what will happen next. We asked the doctors over there they said they will send the same report and IRCC will decide what's next.

Anyone with similar situation can help us out with this.

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Hi All,

Today me and my wife went for the medical examination for Express Entry. Mine was fine but in my wife's x-ray report they found out some scar. Actually my wife was diagnosed with TB while in childhood at 3 years of age. And it got cured with 6 months of medications. But the scar is still there. I am trying to find out what will happen next. We asked the doctors over there they said they will send the same report and IRCC will decide what's next.

Anyone with similar situation can help us out with this.
It's likely she will be asked to submit to further tests to rule TB out.
Sputum samples for 3 consecutive days, which will be cultured for 8-9 weeks...and then she will have to repeat the chest xray after 3 months.
As you will see from most testimonies here, this is more an additional hurdle for us to cross. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: darshanmodi

darshanmodi

Jul 30, 2018
It's likely she will be asked to submit to further tests to rule TB out.
Sputum samples for 3 consecutive days, which will be cultured for 8-9 weeks...and then she will have to repeat the chest xray after 3 months.
As you will see from most testimonies here, this is more an additional hurdle for us to cross. Nothing to worry about.
Thanks for the reply.

I believe we can atlest submit the profile and pay processing and PR fees with the acknowledgement medical receipt which I got yesterday.

Winniglory

Jul 7, 2019
Update: PP told me everything was good and they submitted my results yesterday.
Today, my status changed to medicals passed.
I'll have a celebratory beer shortly.

Hope you also have some good news to share really soon!
Hey that's really a great news....have fun buddy and yes u actually need to celebrate.
Yes I hope so my things also get cleared soon...waiting for 7th August.

Reactions: DanBhanu69

Winniglory

Jul 7, 2019
Ya hope so things go well n I get cleared in the 2nd xray.
Good luck for u hope u fly soon

You will be called for your second x ray exactly 3 months from the last one you did.. your situation is just like mine, you just have to be patient, everything will be fine

Winniglory

Jul 7, 2019

My passport is with the vfs they didn't give it to me after biometrics they said it will b posted directly....what abt u

gipps

Jun 7, 2019
Please guys keep us posted about when you receive the passport request after clearing the medicals.
Hoping for the best for everyone.

Kindle_91

May 22, 2019

Hey congratulations..!!
Really good news for you..

Have you received any updates after medical passed?

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Hey congratulations..!!
Really good news for you..

Have you received any updates after medical passed?
Thanks!
No updates. I had gotten an ADR (nomination certificate and IMM 5669) on 8 July - I responded later that day. Passed the meds on 12 July. No further updates.

yan03

Sep 13, 2018
Hi Guys!

I would just like to know what will happen after my treatment? My medical will be expired by the time I am done with the treatment. I have a scheduled xray on the 6th month of my treatment. If they requested for a re-medical, will I undergo xray again or will they just base my xray on the 6th month? Thank you.