+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD online application via PR portal

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rajesh, you don't need to submit any photos when applying to the PRTD online. Photos are not required on the checklist, they're only needed when you renew the PR card. I did not send photos with my application and it got approved. Good luck gathering all the docs, this is what I felt was the most time consuming in this whole process. Also, make sure you prep your travel history in an excel doc in advance as well so you can easily copy that when you fill-in that section on the online portal.

Hope that helps :)
Yes, because IRCC recently combined the PRTD and PR Card into one application...but the process has been more than painful since the Guide and the apllication sometime give conflicting information. Give it another year...or three.

Reactions: rajeshb220591

NattyRus

Nov 19, 2022
I’ve already applied online on Nov 15th and haven’t been answered still. But I forgot to put my T4. Can I apply the second time due to I couldn’t enter my old application

vikash_vimal

Star Member
May 26, 2018
can anyone help me. i am trying to submit application for PRTD for past 1 week however there is error stating YOUR CHANGES CAN NOT BE SAVED. TRY AGAIN LATER.

HOW CAN I PROCEED ??
AM I TRYING THE RIGHT LINK

PLEASE GUIDE

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
While applying PRTD online at what stage of application fee need to be paid? Fee slip separately come into mail or automatically it will be reflected in online portal? If we have to upload the fee slip , should it ne signed? Also is it necessary that Credit card should be on your name for fee payment?

MWH

May 12, 2018
Hi everyone, I just received my passport back with my PRTD inside so thought I'd share my experience in case it can help anyone here :)

My PR card expired before I had to travel to France (medical emergency in my family) and I had applied for a new PR card but it did not arrive in time. I ended up having to ask for a PRTD. Here's the timeline for how it went for me, knowing that I am in France. Process might be slightly different depending on the country you are in (especially where you need to send your passport when asked by IRCC - VFS or the Embassy).

Oct 31st - PRTD application submitted using the online portal
Nov 7th - IRCC email asking me to send my passport to VFS to finalize the application
Nov 09th - passport sent to VFS Paris via overnight courier
Nov 10th - VFS Paris confirmed receipt of my passport and called me to pay for their own processing fees by credit card (those fees are different from the ones you have to pay when you submit the application on the portal).
Nov 11th - message from VFS confirming that the passport had been sent to IRCC and my application was being processed
Nov 14th - message from VFS indicating that my application had been processed and was in transit from IRCC to VFS
Nov 15th - message from VFS indicating that the passport has been sent back to my address
Nov 16th (morning) - I received my passport with the PRTD inside and booked my flight back to Vancouver!

Overall, the process was quite smooth and fast. Also as an added bonus - I did not specifically ask for it - I got a PRTD with multiple entries meaning I'll be able to travel before I get my new PR card in the mail. Always nice :)

A couple things to note:

- On Nov 4th, status of my application online was "submitted" but there was a note in the "return reason" box "payment is missing" that made me freak out so I ended up sending an email to IRCC with the PDF showing that I had paid the PRTD fees just in case.
I think the portal still has a bunch of bugs they need to iron out because as of today, status of my application on the portal is still the same and yet I have the PRTD in my passport so all is well :)

Bottom line, don't get discouraged if you see that message on the portal, it does not necessarily reflect the real status of your application.

- as I was applying after my card had expired, I decided to add as many documents as possible to show that I had met the "residency obligation". I was well within the number of days of presence required but also wanted to be on the safe side so I uploaded bank statements, BC Hydro bills, Virgin mobile bills, BC driver's license, my previous PR card as well as proof of my car insurance and a couple T4s. Not saying you need to give them all that but it does not hurt to provide more than less and if you need to upload more documents, you can always do so under the "other" category.

If you have any other questions regarding that process, let me know. Happy to help if I can :)
Hi, .where did you send the email with pdf showing your payment ? Can you give the email address?

MWH

May 12, 2018
While applying PRTD online at what stage of application fee need to be paid? Fee slip separately come into mail or automatically it will be reflected in online portal? If we have to upload the fee slip , should it ne signed? Also is it necessary that Credit card should be on your name for fee payment?
You have to pay the fees on the link provided on web page.
You will get the receipt in email.
Then upload this fee receipt in the application portal.

marc06

Jul 12, 2016
Hi everyone, I just received my passport back with my PRTD inside so thought I'd share my experience in case it can help anyone here :)

My PR card expired before I had to travel to France (medical emergency in my family) and I had applied for a new PR card but it did not arrive in time. I ended up having to ask for a PRTD. Here's the timeline for how it went for me, knowing that I am in France. Process might be slightly different depending on the country you are in (especially where you need to send your passport when asked by IRCC - VFS or the Embassy).

Nov 7th - IRCC email asking me to send my passport to VFS to finalize the application
Nov 10th - VFS Paris confirmed receipt of my passport and called me to pay for their own processing fees by credit card (those fees are different from the ones you have to pay when you submit the application on the portal).
Nov 11th - message from VFS confirming that the passport had been sent to IRCC and my application was being processed
Nov 14th - message from VFS indicating that my application had been processed and was in transit from IRCC to VFS
Nov 15th - message from VFS indicating that the passport has been sent back to my address
Nov 16th (morning) - I received my passport with the PRTD inside and booked my flight back to Vancouver!

Overall, the process was quite smooth and fast. Also as an added bonus - I did not specifically ask for it - I got a PRTD with multiple entries meaning I'll be able to travel before I get my new PR card in the mail. Always nice :)

A couple things to note:

- On Nov 4th, status of my application online was "submitted" but there was a note in the "return reason" box "payment is missing" that made me freak out so I ended up sending an email to IRCC with the PDF showing that I had paid the PRTD fees just in case.
I think the portal still has a bunch of bugs they need to iron out because as of today, status of my application on the portal is still the same and yet I have the PRTD in my passport so all is well :)

Bottom line, don't get discouraged if you see that message on the portal, it does not necessarily reflect the real status of your application.

- as I was applying after my card had expired, I decided to add as many documents as possible to show that I had met the "residency obligation". I was well within the number of days of presence required but also wanted to be on the safe side so I uploaded bank statements, BC Hydro bills, Virgin mobile bills, BC driver's license, my previous PR card as well as proof of my car insurance and a couple T4s. Not saying you need to give them all that but it does not hurt to provide more than less and if you need to upload more documents, you can always do so under the "other" category.

If you have any other questions regarding that process, let me know. Happy to help if I can :)
Congratulations, please when is your PRTD validity till as printed on the sticker? Cheers.

MWH

May 12, 2018
I lost my passport and PR card then I applied for PRTD through portal. I wasn't able to attach all pages of lost passport just the bio page. Didn't receive any update.
I explained everything,do you think it might create problem?

shail1234

Mar 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2021
Any updates? PRTD email or portal?
Hi
I am stuck up in india due to lost of my wallet which contains PR card
Started applying online but form 5444e on second page gives error "your changes cannot be saved please try again later"
Have you met such error

shail1234

Mar 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2021

A couple things to note:

Hi
Need yr urgent help, congratulations for PRTD
Hi
Started applying online but form 5444e on second page gives error "your changes cannot be saved please try again later"
Have you met such error

shail1234

Mar 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2021
Hope you got your PRTD, I just received mine today :)
Hi
Can you help me ? How you had came up of Technical error ?
Have you met such error

shail1234

Mar 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2021
Yes, because IRCC recently combined the PRTD and PR Card into one application...but the process has been more than painful since the Guide and the apllication sometime give conflicting information. Give it another year...or three.
Hi
Please help me
Have you met such error

MWH

May 12, 2018
Hi
Can you help me ? How you had came up of Technical error ?
Have you met such error
Try changing the format of address. Then save.

Reactions: armoured