+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person PR Application By Mail vs Online

Zulubia

Oct 1, 2020
My friend was recently accepted as a protected person. We were wondering if it would make a difference whether she applies for PR through the online portal or by mail since the online portal is still in beta phase. Any ideas?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My friend was recently accepted as a protected person. We were wondering if it would make a difference whether she applies for PR through the online portal or by mail since the online portal is still in beta phase. Any ideas?
Online...

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
It doesn’t matter, but if you do mail it get a good courier and make sure you pay for there signature. You would want tracking with signature

hidden.p3arl

Sep 5, 2016
Hi Zulubia,
I'm accepted as a protected person recently. I'm trying to apply online but I don't find the link where I can apply my application online. Can you please guide me?

Thanks

M.Elena

Apr 25, 2019
Hello,
I have the same question.
I would appreciate if you can help me.

M.Elena

Apr 25, 2019
Hi,
I tired to fill online application but there is not enough space for some of the answers.
I would appreciate if anyone can help.

Zulubia

Oct 1, 2020
Hello,
I have the same question.
I would appreciate if you can help me.
Hello,

Honestly I am not sure which way is the best. I became a protected person in August 2020 and applied for PR by mail (at that time the option to apply online wasn't available). I received my PR in August 2021 so it took exactly 1 year.
My friend became a protected person in February 2022 and applied for PR through online portal. She received the acknowledgement of receipt in March and nothing else yet. I think the online portal may be better. The processing time also depends on your country of origin and number of dependents who are outside of Canada. For example they were processing Afghan citizens who had dependents in Afghanistan faster than other people just to help them leave Afghanistan faster.

M.Elena

Apr 25, 2019
I tried to share but didn't work.
The maximum character length is 27 characters. Doesn't allow me to type the complete name of Company, employer for example.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
I was accepted as a refugee/protected person in January 2022 and applied for PR by paper/mail in February 2022 and got acknowledgement of receipt in March 2022 and no information since then. I briefly worked for an immigration law firm (aug '21 to Dec '21) that processed a lot of refugee clients and they were still applying by paper until the end of last year to ensure all the information was provided because the online system was still new and had some problems as M.Elena mentioned. Hope this helps

Reactions: sohaib1

ameer raza

Sep 3, 2022
Hello,

Honestly I am not sure which way is the best. I became a protected person in August 2020 and applied for PR by mail (at that time the option to apply online wasn't available). I received my PR in August 2021 so it took exactly 1 year.
My friend became a protected person in February 2022 and applied for PR through online portal. She received the acknowledgement of receipt in March and nothing else yet. I think the online portal may be better. The processing time also depends on your country of origin and number of dependents who are outside of Canada. For example they were processing Afghan citizens who had dependents in Afghanistan faster than other people just to help them leave Afghanistan faster.
Hi, in case we apply online do we need to print all the documents and send via courier too?