+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person - Permanent Residency

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hey everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that even though my status said "medical recieved" from the start. They still asked for my medical today. Recieved the medical request today in the morning. Wondering how long from this step now and what's next.
that's weird!
when have you done your last medical exam?

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
that's weird!
when have you done your last medical exam?
Actually I'm not the only one. Both me and my mom, when our applications started. It said, medical recieved. Maybe because we did our medicals when we submitted our refugee cases inside Canada. Somewhere around 2018. I called the helpline. They said it was normal and to just do another one. Since last one might have expired even if they have the results.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Actually I'm not the only one. Both me and my mom, when our applications started. It said, medical recieved. Maybe because we did our medicals when we submitted our refugee cases inside Canada. Somewhere around 2018. I called the helpline. They said it was normal and to just do another one. Since last one might have expired even if they have the results.
the validity of the medical exam is one year so it may be expired.

xxffgg

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
August 28 today I spoke to CIC they confirm the reception of finger prints
Can you hare briefly how you communicate with CIC? you call them? mail? email?.. I have a similar Timeline.. Accepted Refugee in Nov'18, Applied for PR in Jan'19, I received an acknowledgment email on March'19 and nothing more since then..

If I check my status it says that they were not able to identify my application (maybe because the haven't started processing yet) ..

One might think that the timelines are similar but that doesn't seem to be true..

Emilio2173

Apr 19, 2017
Hello I contact them by phone 1-888-242-2100, you just let them know when you received the request and they’ review your file and let you know the status. In my case they said they have it on file.

tip when you try to register your paper application to your online account even that you are sponsoring someone else in the question that said how many persons are in this application put 1 because the application and the UCI are for each one of the applicants even if you are the main and they are you are sponsoring them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can you hare briefly how you communicate with CIC? you call them? mail? email?.. I have a similar Timeline.. Accepted Refugee in Nov'18, Applied for PR in Jan'19, I received an acknowledgment email on March'19 and nothing more since then..

If I check my status it says that they were not able to identify my application (maybe because the haven't started processing yet) ..

One might think that the timelines are similar but that doesn't seem to be true..
You are within a very normal processing time. Currently takes around 15 months to get PR for a protected person and there are months at a time where you hear nothing. Doesn’t seem like there is anything abnormal going on with your application.

Madlabantu

Jan 6, 2020
November 20 is the exact date I was accepted too. December 24 they accepted receipt of application. July 18 was the medicals. Right now the timeline says 62%

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
November 20 is the exact date I was accepted too. December 24 they accepted receipt of application. July 18 was the medicals. Right now the timeline says 62%
The percentages are just estimates so don’t rely on the to much. Would look at the posted processing times to give you an approximate timeline.

xxffgg

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
I received my medical examination request at the end of October 2019, my Dr. Submitted my exams at the beginning of November 2019.

I haven't heard back from CIC since then. No acknowledgement at all.

Gnik890

May 28, 2020
Hi I’m happy to write hear today after receiving my Copr confirmation of permanent residence.Patience is key.We have no control over this things.I am a protected person and I applied for permanent residency.Took around roughly 16 months