+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Charles04

Apr 27, 2019
  • Hi johnsnow 007

this is my situation after my service year ended in June 2012 I joined my cousin in his business of renewable energy solar installation and maintenance but now business is slow. My Aunt have a registered trading company that supplies wines, beer and soft drinks so I want to use her company as the place I started working since October 2012 as database administrator and the company want to sponsor me for the two year program which I will return after the program is completed.
  • 1, she agreed to provide a back dated letter of employment with her company letter headed paper.
    2, she agreed to provide her company bank statements of account and the company letter of sponsorship in my favour and the director signed it. I have HND in computer science and I received an offer letter from a college in Canada to study business and information system.
    Am ready to pay the first semester fee but I have no travel history. So can you help me write a good statement of purpose that suit my situation. My email address. Mikemill04@Yahoo.com

Thanks

Faricapp

Nov 2, 2018
Hello everyone,

I need some advice, my fellow 9ja people I really need una help. I want to study masters in Nursing in Canada, but I was told it’s not possible. I got my Nursing degree in Australia plus no work experience yet but I’m fully registered to practice here in Australia and currently waiting for PR visa because I think having a Permanent resident here in Australia can be an advantage to getting the Canada study visa (correct me if I’m wrong) especially since we have left 9ja for almost 3years now. Now my questions are

Can I really study Masters in Nursing .

If I go for a graduate certificate, can I work as a Nurse over there while studying.

What are our chances of getting the study visa. I mean for hubby and our child. Because, I was told that I need to go first, then after 3months hubby and our child can come on visitor visa that will then be converted to dependent visa. I don’t know how possible since I’ve only heard of open work permit for spouse.

And lastly, what are our chances of getting PR after studying in Canada. Sorry for the many write up . Thanks a lot any information at all that can help my confuse state. Thanks

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
  • Hi johnsnow 007

this is my situation after my service year ended in June 2012 I joined my cousin in his business of renewable energy solar installation and maintenance but now business is slow. My Aunt have a registered trading company that supplies wines, beer and soft drinks so I want to use her company as the place I started working since October 2012 as database administrator and the company want to sponsor me for the two year program which I will return after the program is completed.
  • 1, she agreed to provide a back dated letter of employment with her company letter headed paper.
    2, she agreed to provide her company bank statements of account and the company letter of sponsorship in my favour and the director signed it. I have HND in computer science and I received an offer letter from a college in Canada to study business and information system.
    Am ready to pay the first semester fee but I have no travel history. So can you help me write a good statement of purpose that suit my situation. My email address. Mikemill04@Yahoo.com

Thanks

Hello Charles,

I already sent you an email. After assessing your case, personally, I think it would be more convincing your aunt sponsoring you than the (her) company given to (maybe) the capacity or strength of the company financially especially if its a one man business

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello everyone,

I need some advice, my fellow 9ja people I really need una help. I want to study masters in Nursing in Canada, but I was told it’s not possible. I got my Nursing degree in Australia plus no work experience yet but I’m fully registered to practice here in Australia and currently waiting for PR visa because I think having a Permanent resident here in Australia can be an advantage to getting the Canada study visa (correct me if I’m wrong) especially since we have left 9ja for almost 3years now. Now my questions are

Can I really study Masters in Nursing .

If I go for a graduate certificate, can I work as a Nurse over there while studying.

What are our chances of getting the study visa. I mean for hubby and our child. Because, I was told that I need to go first, then after 3months hubby and our child can come on visitor visa that will then be converted to dependent visa. I don’t know how possible since I’ve only heard of open work permit for spouse.

And lastly, what are our chances of getting PR after studying in Canada. Sorry for the many write up . Thanks a lot any information at all that can help my confuse state. Thanks
Hello Faricapp,

Australia is one of the most elite and country of repute Canada share intelligence with especially on immigration and security. You having a valid resident status with no record of criminality of what sort, can be of advantage to you. Also, with you been an Australian RN even with no work experience is still a plus especially if the program is a progression of your previous studies.

Most Nigerians are in Canada studying Masters in Nursing and other branches of Nursing or Health related fields. You can be a Nursing student and can work as a caregiver or something close to it but working as a Nurse when studying is a big doubt. Nursing is a really competitive course to study in Canada and getting the admission could be tedious.

If you is able to secure your SP successfully, you can decide to apply for your spouse and child immediately before your departure or do it within Canada as an accompanying dependent by applying SOWP for your hubby and a Visit visa for your child . Also, you can decide to apply all at once especially if your child is a minor and you have the financial requirement and capacity to show that can cater for a family in Canada.

There are huge feasibility of getting a PR in Canada if you meet the eligibility requirements. If you aim for a PR, it will be best to go for a program of 2yrs to get 3yrs PGWP which will be sufficient to put the PR in motion.

Good luck!

Reactions: Faricapp

Faricapp

Nov 2, 2018
Hello Faricapp,

Australia is one of the most elite and country of repute Canada share intelligence with especially on immigration and security. You having a valid resident status with no record of criminality of what sort, can be of advantage to you. Also, with you been an Australian RN even with no work experience is still a plus especially if the program is a progression of your previous studies.

Most Nigerians are in Canada studying Masters in Nursing and other branches of Nursing or Health related fields. You can be a Nursing student and can work as a caregiver or something close to it but working as a Nurse when studying is a big doubt. Nursing is a really competitive course to study in Canada and getting the admission could be tedious.

If you is able to secure your SP successfully, you can decide to apply for your spouse and child immediately before your departure or do it within Canada as an accompanying dependent by applying SOWP for your hubby and a Visit visa for your child . Also, you can decide to apply all at once especially if your child is a minor and you have the financial requirement and capacity to show that can cater for a family in Canada.

There are huge feasibility of getting a PR in Canada if you meet the eligibility requirements. If you aim for a PR, it will be best to go for a program of 2yrs to get 3yrs PGWP which will be sufficient to put the PR in motion.

Good luck!

Thanks for the information, thank you so much .

Bhatti12

Aug 16, 2010
hello everyone, any idea how much time visa office take to call passport after medicals, for pakistani students.

Moyosoree

Apr 27, 2019
Hello everyone
What does official fee schedule mean?
My parents are sponsoring me, do they need to write a letter?
I am an undergraduate

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello everyone
What does official fee schedule mean?
My parents are sponsoring me, do they need to write a letter?
I am an undergraduate
It could mean the tuition fees for 1yr paid in instalments for 2 or 3 terms or fees charged per class received. For more clarification, contact the international office or admission secretary of your school for more info

Yes, either of your parent sponsoring you will have to write a letter of sponsorship

codename205

Mar 13, 2019
What's up man!

How you doing? The Iron throne is our reach. Thanks for the shout out.

I am fine :). Will know after 2 episodes. Anything could turn around when RR Martin is there.

BTW, can you please evaluate my profile for the best program that I should apply for [Masters or PGD] [Relevant to my field] [Easy P easy Job/PR after that] [Economic [Money wise] and best one]

My profile
Btech [Electronics and Communication], Guru Nanak Dev University, India
CGPA - 7.78/10 [Till 7/8 semesters] [Equivalent to 69.21% in India. I don't know what it will be in Canada. Topper score in my batch/class - 10/10 CGPA]
Expected to complete [July 2019]

IELTS - 7.0 [L, R - 6.5 ; W,S - 7.0]

Regards

Anuragt

May 8, 2019
Hi guys. My father have dual name as in have different surename in my documents when compared in his bank account. Will this will cause any problem in Visa filing?

BebeAny

May 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

I just found this forum which I think is great. I'm not currently waiting for my study permit. I've just finished my BA and I'm currently waiting on my Post-Graduate Work Permit. I just wanted to encourage any of you that is still waiting on a decision or just going through the visa application process. My case wasn't exactly a great one as I was rejected before (not for my Canadian Study Permit but for a UK visa) which doesn't look good for visa apps but I received my study permit August 2014 (process took about 2 months IIRC). Anyway, point is, if God can do it for me, He can do it for you.

Also, if you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them as best as I can.

Cheers :)

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I just found this forum which I think is great. I'm not currently waiting for my study permit. I've just finished my BA and I'm currently waiting on my Post-Graduate Work Permit. I just wanted to encourage any of you that is still waiting on a decision or just going through the visa application process. My case wasn't exactly a great one as I was rejected before (not for my Canadian Study Permit but for a UK visa) which doesn't look good for visa apps but I received my study permit August 2014 (process took about 2 months IIRC). Anyway, point is, if God can do it for me, He can do it for you.

Also, if you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them as best as I can.

Cheers :)

I have an honest question and let be honest to each other .

70 percent of international student across the world are hardly to pay off there tuition fee like those ones that went for undergraduate 4years program .. 20hrs a week is only allow for student to work which is insufficient to pay off tuition fee. Still many are still coming with just only one year tuition fee and living expenses . You been there years now and you have witness how things is going but we here don't really know how most people survuve to pay off there tuition fee with out being caught by the Canadina immigration.... because i know 70 percent of international student hardly pay off there tuition fee with 20hrs a week for those ones that didnt have strong sponsorship.

BebeAny

May 14, 2019
I have an honest question and let be honest to each other .

70 percent of international student across the world are hardly to pay off there tuition fee like those ones that went for undergraduate 4years program .. 20hrs a week is only allow for student to work which is insufficient to pay off tuition fee. Still many are still coming with just only one year tuition fee and living expenses . You been there years now and you have witness how things is going but we here don't really know how most people survuve to pay off there tuition fee with out being caught by the Canadina immigration.... because i know 70 percent of international student hardly pay off there tuition fee with 20hrs a week for those ones that didnt have strong sponsorship.
It's not possible to pay tuition fees, rent, food and other living costs on 20 hours per week except you're lucky enough to be making $50 an hour or something. I was blessed enough that my dad was able to pay for my tuition and rent throughout my schooling so it wasn't always an issue. Although I have occasionally worked more than the 20 hours, maybe 24 hours a week and then 16 hours the next week, sometimes things happen that you get scheduled for more hours.

However, I do know people who have worked full time (35-40+ hours), whilst in school which you're not supposed to do other than during a scheduled break (e.g. during the summer). The only risk with this is when you're applying for a PGWP they might reject you because you violated the terms of your study permit as they have a way of checking how many hours you've worked except you were being paid under the table (cash). Again, some people have been able to get away with it, some haven't.

I won't judge or police anyone and tell them you must only work 20 hours or less because I know how hard and costly it is to live here, especially without having strong financial sponsorship backing you. I would only say be careful how you go about it especially if you plan on staying here long term (i.e. getting your pgwp, PR)

I have always thought the 20 hours a week rule is unfair but you have to keep in mind that if you're on a study permit you're here to study and not work. Plus they're assuming you can afford the costs of being here when you applied.

Last edited: