+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

harman_preet_Singh

Jan 7, 2019
Hi guys,
I got visa approved for may 2019 intake (Got visa till Nov 2020)and later college offered new LOA with extended program dates till Dec 2020.
So what I need to do in this case?
Do I need to apply for study permit extension when I will reach Canada or I need to reapply while in India?
Do I need to notify Embassy regarding this?
Kindly share views if anybody came across such kind of issue

karimatoui132

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
hello guys,
I have received a conditional offer for a Master degree. I got my undergraduate degree in june 2018. The 2 conditions on my letter are:
1) official transcript sent by issuing institution by August 31,2019.
2) original diploma to be presented (by myself) on campus by Dec 31, 2019.

I believe that the second condition can not be met by the time I apply to the visa because the graduate school want to see the originaldiploma.
How do I prove to the embassy that I can meet these conditions?

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding proof of financial support.

I have been admitted into a masters program in the University of Calgary for September 2019. I have an employer that is sponsoring me but has not paid my tuition yet. He has provided all the statements of account, bond, employment letter etc.

Questions:
1. Does he have to pay my tuition first? If he doesn't what are the chances of getting a visa? or what are your suggestions?
2. Also, since he is doing everything, do I still have to show money from my account or my parents account?

Thank you.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi guys,
I got visa approved for may 2019 intake (Got visa till Nov 2020)and later college offered new LOA with extended program dates till Dec 2020.
So what I need to do in this case?
Do I need to apply for study permit extension when I will reach Canada or I need to reapply while in India?
Do I need to notify Embassy regarding this?
Kindly share views if anybody came across such kind of issue
You can easily apply for an extension within Canada, make sure its done prior before the expiration date of your permit

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
hello guys,
I have received a conditional offer for a Master degree. I got my undergraduate degree in june 2018. The 2 conditions on my letter are:
1) official transcript sent by issuing institution by August 31,2019.
2) original diploma to be presented (by myself) on campus by Dec 31, 2019.

I believe that the second condition can not be met by the time I apply to the visa because the graduate school want to see the originaldiploma.
How do I prove to the embassy that I can meet these conditions?
Firstly, inform/explain to the DLI via email/call about the predicament regarding to the Diploma certificate and enquire sending the official transcript first so the unconditional letter could be issued.

I think it could be issued cause an official transcript is more primary to the issuance of an unconditional letter in most Canadian institutions.

In my personal opinion, its sage not to apply with a conditional acceptance letter

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding proof of financial support.

I have been admitted into a masters program in the University of Calgary for September 2019. I have an employer that is sponsoring me but has not paid my tuition yet. He has provided all the statements of account, bond, employment letter etc.

Questions:
1. Does he have to pay my tuition first? If he doesn't what are the chances of getting a visa? or what are your suggestions?
2. Also, since he is doing everything, do I still have to show money from my account or my parents account?

Thank you.
Straight to your question:

1. You is using a third party sponsorship which the financial commitment has to be convincing enough to satisfy the VO. Its not mandatory but very wise/best if your employer pays at least your first semester/year tuition fees and have your living expenses for 1yr paid into your account.

This shows more commitment that the funds will be liquidly available and easily accessible to you than your employer just showing a robust bank account without any sign of commitment. "Without commitment, your chances could be slimmer than the slim rate of visa approvals."

2. Yes, its very advisable. The funds should be enough to cater for certain miscellaneous expenses. It goes far to tell the VO that you ain't totally reliant on your employer's fund alone.

If you not gainfully employed or a fresh graduate, then your parents bank statement would suffice. It doesn't have to be huge.

Reactions: 7fifty
Apr 3, 2019
I want to know that i have received an email from college regarding my visa wheather i m going to join the college in may or not....... But the thing is i have not get my visa yet so what should i reply to them because few days are left

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Straight to your question:

1. You is using a third party sponsorship which the financial commitment has to be convincing enough to satisfy the VO. Its not mandatory but very wise/best if your employer pays at least your first semester/year tuition fees and have your living expenses for 1yr paid into your account.

This shows more commitment that the funds will be liquidly available and easily accessible to you than your employer just showing a robust bank account without any sign of commitment. "Without commitment, your chances could be slimmer than the slim rate of visa approvals."

2. Yes, its very advisable. The funds should be enough to cater for certain miscellaneous expenses. It goes far to tell the VO that you ain't totally reliant on your employer's fund alone.

If you not gainfully employed or a fresh graduate, then your parents bank statement would suffice. It doesn't have to be huge.
Thank you :)

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I want to know that i have received an email from college regarding my visa wheather i m going to join the college in may or not....... But the thing is i have not get my visa yet so what should i reply to them because few days are left
Anything can still happen in the remaining days of April(its still young). Its advisable to wait till the deadline date for resumption or few days to the resumption day, and if nothing happens then write to your college seeking for a deferment.

For now, just reply them saying your visa hasn't been approved and that you waiting for a feedback before April ending. This would buy you modicum time.

BTW all Canadian DLI knows this things

Geofortress

Jan 6, 2019
I know this Moniker on NL., there I go by the moniker of justmellow: Good to have you here. To your questions:

1. All IMM forms should be uploaded to their respective column.

2. Letter of admission/acceptance should be upload to its provide column alone

3. Proof of funds: Sponsor's letter, CAC, Tax clearance, School fees receipt, Affidavit of sponsorship, scholarship certificate, and any documents proving to be financial of sponsor etc

4. Client information column: Degree certificates, CV/Résumé, Transcript, Birth certificates, landed properties, SOP/LOE, Publication, PP biodata etc
Boss Justmellow... Thanks for this info.. It really help.. See you at the other room..

Reactions: Johnsnow 007

Jetren010

Apr 11, 2019
Hey,just wanted to say that I learnt alot from this community as a whole,especially this thread and I appreciate it

I am a Nigerian and I just got my visa approved some hours ago,I applied one feb 11,but I delayed them for my medicals because I don't check my emails(I low-key almost missed my medicals,I know I know,I'm stupid ) anyways it took about 5 weeks to get approved, excluding my delay,and now I can resume school next month(I was afraid,I thought I'd miss my resumption and the school said if I don't make it on the first day,then I have to start with the December set),anywayzzz i got my medical requiest by 15th last month and I passed while eligibility reviewing started on 31st,I got my biometrics on 1st this month and today I am approved...the main reason is probably because I have 3 American visas(one active) with a lot of travel history like johnsnow said,but I really hope y'all get your visas also,I know what I felt when I saw I passed and I want everyone else to feel that same joy (i mainly felt happy because I'm in the administrative processing with my american student visa,and I've been from one school to another,if this(Canadian student permit) didn't work i'd just school here in Nigeria tbh)

Lastely i wish you all Goodluck

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hey,just wanted to say that I learnt alot from this community as a whole,especially this thread and I appreciate it

I am a Nigerian and I just got my visa approved some hours ago,I applied one feb 11,but I delayed them for my medicals because I don't check my emails(I low-key almost missed my medicals,I know I know,I'm stupid ) anyways it took about 5 weeks to get approved, excluding my delay,and now I can resume school next month(I was afraid,I thought I'd miss my resumption and the school said if I don't make it on the first day,then I have to start with the December set),anywayzzz i got my medical requiest by 15th last month and I passed while eligibility reviewing started on 31st,I got my biometrics on 1st this month and today I am approved...the main reason is probably because I have 3 American visas(one active) with a lot of travel history like johnsnow said,but I really hope y'all get your visas also,I know what I felt when I saw I passed and I want everyone else to feel that same joy (i mainly felt happy because I'm in the administrative processing with my american student visa,and I've been from one school to another,if this(Canadian student permit) didn't work i'd just school here in Nigeria tbh)

Lastely i wish you all Goodluck
Wow! This is an absolutely Victory. Big congratulations. I am glad you learnt a lot from this thread, and please don't run away, try to give back the knowledge learnt to the fora. Go and make us proud. It will really make sense if you can share your timeline clear and the list of submitted documents to help guide other prospective applicants.

Jetren010

Apr 11, 2019
Lol thank you and okay,let me try

For documents I submitted the receipt I got for my house with the receipt of other lands we own here in Nigeria,I submitted the certificate of my parents organization,under this organization we have a water factory and a poultry farm, and i sent some documents from their occupations(my dad is a General in the military and my mom is a farmer),I sent all these and more,as long as they can prove that I have a lot of attachments with Nigeria, I sent them...I also sent my parent's marriage certificates to prove that they're legally married ,my dad's boss also wrote a letter acknowledging that my dad really does work for the military and that I'm legally his son...apparently you can be refused if the VO believes that you can't cope academic wise so I sent my transcript,WAEC(i got 2 A's and B's),SAT(I got 1120),I had a gap in my education for 2 years(I'm 18 now) but all I really did was to help my mom in her farm and that's what I wrote down for the embassy...i don't know if it helps,but I submitted my files to the vfs so they'll send it to Ghana,Because Ghana is faster and more generous with their visas from what I hear(the information Is probably a lie),anyways,the remaining things I sent are what everyone else sends

what i did is nothing special from what others would do to be honest,my aim is just to let them know that I have a lot of things to come back to in Nigeria,to be honest the POB on my birth certificate is different from the POB on my passport and I made another mistake with another of my document(i thought I'd get rejected because of these things)the main reason I got my visa is just Gods favour ,the American embassys now refuse Nigerians alot(especially since Nigerians are now only getting their visas to illegally sneak into canada combined with trump telling them to accept as little people as possible) so I also want to use my Canadian visa to increase my chances of getting another American visa in the future(apparently some Nigerians that already had american visas in the past are now getting refused,so even we with previous visas can now be easily rejected)

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Lol thank you and okay,let me try

For documents I submitted the receipt I got for my house with the receipt of other lands we own here in Nigeria,I submitted the certificate of my parents organization,under this organization we have a water factory and a poultry farm, and i sent some documents from their occupations(my dad is a General in the military and my mom is a farmer),I sent all these and more,as long as they can prove that I have a lot of attachments with Nigeria, I sent them...I also sent my parent's marriage certificates to prove that they're legally married ,my dad's boss also wrote a letter acknowledging that my dad really does work for the military and that I'm legally his son...apparently you can be refused if the VO believes that you can't cope academic wise so I sent my transcript,WAEC(i got 2 A's and B's),SAT(I got 1120),I had a gap in my education for 2 years(I'm 18 now) but all I really did was to help my mom in her farm and that's what I wrote down for the embassy...i don't know if it helps,but I submitted my files to the vfs so they'll send it to Ghana,Because Ghana is faster and more generous with their visas from what I hear(the information Is probably a lie),anyways,the remaining things I sent are what everyone else sends

what i did is nothing special from what others would do to be honest,my aim is just to let them know that I have a lot of things to come back to in Nigeria,to be honest the POB on my birth certificate is different from the POB on my passport and I made another mistake with another of my document(i thought I'd get rejected because of these things)the main reason I got my visa is just Gods favour ,the American embassys now refuse Nigerians alot(especially since Nigerians are now only getting their visas to illegally sneak into canada combined with trump telling them to accept as little people as possible) so I also want to use my Canadian visa to increase my chances of getting another American visa in the future(apparently some Nigerians that already had american visas in the past are now getting refused,so even we with previous visas can now be easily rejected)

From your write-ups, I figure an excerpt were you mentioned VFS, that got my attention.

Which of the vfs did you apply via, Lagos or Abuja? and was your paper application processed in Ghana or Kenya? This answer would be so resourceful