+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

@Sumanth

Jul 18, 2018
What I meant was that you may have to show tuition paid and that you have access to 10k to support yourself with GIC or bank statements etc.
The amount that you carry in cash is up to you, there is no minimum cash amount to carry on you.
Thanks ! This is useful.

newmenfranklin

Feb 4, 2019
India
Anyone knows what is the minimum score for Sheridan Colleges PRCC. They have something called an 'Applicant Score Sheet' which is an academic score sheet out of 100. This sheet is used to evaluate one's Statement of Intent, academic performance, resume, writing samples and command over English.

luhs

Mar 8, 2019
Hi,
I have got admission for Sept 2019 intake at Algonquin college for regulatory affairs Graduate certificate program. I have a Bacehlor degree in Biomedical sciences and 6 months work experience in the same field. Regulatory affairs is a more specific field so I have applied for a graduate certificate in it. I have read a lot of threads about visa refusals for people who have applied for a graduate certificate after bachelors or masters. Can someone help me what I can do to get approved?

link501

Feb 24, 2019
Hi guys,

I need some feedback. I have a Bachelor’s degree and 1.5 years of work experience in writing/editing (which is a pretty generic field). However, I quit my job to find something more specific to my background and have been unemployed for a year. I landed several interviews, but was told time and again that they preferred candidates with an advanced degree from abroad. So I applied to a relevant Master’s program in Canada (consistent with my Bachelor's), and also started an internship in a related field to get the ball rolling.

I was recently accepted with a scholarship covering my entire tuition. My father is retired but financially sound, and has given me a gift deed to cover my living expenses. My parents are based here and I also have two siblings who are both working here. One of them has a PR visa but hasn’t moved to Canada.

Based on the information above, do you think my application is convincing enough or do I appear to have weak ties to my home country? Should I acknowledge the fact that my sister has a PR visa just to maintain transparency or not bring it up at all?

Last edited:

Blema

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
I was rejected by University of Saskatchewan because of research potential- it’s not connected to the program so that may be why. Still awaiting two more

Blema

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Oh sorry to hear that. Which program you applied to.
LLM. What do they mean by research potential? The program I applied for was business organizations and corporate law but my real interest however is on corporate governance. My research was tailored around corporate governance.