+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Plz advice senior members ..
I am requesting information on behalf of my cousin..

he has applied and accepted for 1 year certificate program in Accounting Technician
He has done B.com and 3 years work experience in accounting field,
His IELTS score is 7 bands overall with 6 minimum in all

I wanted to ask .. what are chances of him getting study permit

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thanks for your opinion. Actually my sister has, what is called, Confirmation of Permanent Residence (or approved status), so technically she is not a Permanent Resident by definition yet. Legally, she needs to make a "soft landing" in Canada and collect her PR Card in order become a Permanent Resident. Since she has not done that yet, and is still living and working here, I just felt that information might not be be relevant, and perhaps volunteering it might unnecessarily jeopardize my application.

Furthermore, in my application form, I have not been asked if a member of my family has approved status, but rather if I will be accompanying a family member with approved status in Canada, which I won't (as I will be traveling alone). I am also not required to attach a birth certificate for my siblings. Given these facts, do you still think I should mention my sister's status in my Letter of Explanation just to be transparent?
If the CIC imm forms doesn't provide a column were/requires information about your family living in Canada(were info like home address would be required) or home country, or if you both don't bear same surname then you might choose to do as seem fit BUT its always good to be transparent except maybe a family member isn't legally admitted or is an offender. If not sure, kindly discuss with such person to fully have complete details before deciding to misrepresent.

FYI: if you both bear same surname especially if that's the official and legal name such person bears in Canada, it will surely be detected while CIC is running a background check.

But on the case of extended families or relatives is quite optional

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Plz advice senior members ..
I am requesting information on behalf of my cousin..

he has applied and accepted for 1 year certificate program in Accounting Technician
He has done B.com and 3 years work experience in accounting field,
His IELTS score is 7 bands overall with 6 minimum in all

I wanted to ask .. what are chances of him getting study permit
There is no guarantee for a study approval, nobody here is a VO. There are many factors to put into consideration other than this excerpt you've provided. The most important is to be convincing of being a genuine student by putting up documents that would give credibility to the intended application

codename205

Mar 13, 2019
Can somebody evaluate my profile and suggest me institutes for MENG with fair chances? And intake suggestions will be appreciable too. Following are my target domains:
1. Electrical
2. Communications
3. Mechatronics
4. Computers

Profile -

Grade 10 - 86%
Grade 12 - 78%
Btech [Electronics and Communication] - CGPA - 7.78/10, equivalent to 69.2% [Semester 7/8, last semester result pending]

IELTS [L-6.5, R-6.5, S-7, W-7, Overall - 7]

stressedz

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
I made a huge mistake at the vfs Bangladesh form number (IMM5850E Table of Contents Document checklist – Study permit). I didn't put tick mark on this line {Proof of immigration status in the country in which you are currently residing If you do not reside in your country of citizenship, provide a copy of your permanent, temporary stay permit, work permit or study permit (include the issue and expiry date)}. what i can do now about this.
Please help me ASAP.

murphy101

Mar 21, 2019
Hello gurus in the house. I just came across this forum and i wish to share my situation here. I got admission with NSCC to study diploma in construction management technology sept 2019 fall. I have B.sc in estate management and 3yrs work experience in real estate and construction industry. My uncles in diaspora have agreed to sponsor me( pay my 1yr tuition fees and living expenses). But that would be around end of May, considering the time frame i decided to use my mum as my sponsor since my uncles are not willing to provide me with supporting documents.My mum salary account has a closing balance of 23000CAD and it's for 2nd year sch fees and living expense.
I want to know if i should include my uncles as sponsors in my SOP considering the fact they will pay 1yr fees and not willing to give me there statement of acct and other supporting document.
What's your take @Johnsnow 007 and other gurus here?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I made a huge mistake at the vfs Bangladesh form number (IMM5850E Table of Contents Document checklist – Study permit). I didn't put tick mark on this line {Proof of immigration status in the country in which you are currently residing If you do not reside in your country of citizenship, provide a copy of your permanent, temporary stay permit, work permit or study permit (include the issue and expiry date)}. what i can do now about this.
Please help me ASAP.
Raise a CSE/webform via the CIC website and sent the correctly filled form, also send using email of the VAC handling your application. The body of the message should contain your UCI number, Date of birth, Full name(as shown in your Passport), and a detailed body message for the purpose of such message

Reactions: stressedz