+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello gurus in the house. I just came across this forum and i wish to share my situation here. I got admission with NSCC to study diploma in construction management technology sept 2019 fall. I have B.sc in estate management and 3yrs work experience in real estate and construction industry. My uncles in diaspora have agreed to sponsor me( pay my 1yr tuition fees and living expenses). But that would be around end of May, considering the time frame i decided to use my mum as my sponsor since my uncles are not willing to provide me with supporting documents.My mum salary account has a closing balance of 23000CAD and it's for 2nd year sch fees and living expense.
I want to know if i should include my uncles as sponsors in my SOP considering the fact they will pay 1yr fees and not willing to give me there statement of acct and other supporting document.
What's your take @Johnsnow 007 and other gurus here?
It won't be advisable to use your Uncles in diaspora as your sponsor if they can't provide you with the necessary documents to back the sponsorship even if they pay for both your tuition and living expenses.

Given the circumstances, your mum stands in the best position to sponsor you. All that she has to do is build her account further that amount she have as her closing balance. Then get your uncle to pay for either your first year/semester tuition fees and transfer your 1yr living expenses into your account.

After the financial aspect has been settled, then focus as to how your mum can get to package the other requirements which is expected from a sponsor.

Best of luck!

Vv sam

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey guys please help , i am applying on my own and i had applied some days ago to centennial college. My profile is B.tech 70% , PTE 85 , I completed my b.tech in 2011 then still i am working but with gaps inbetween.

So whats my chances of offer letter and visa and when can i expect offer letter?
Does higher english score effects by any means ?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hey guys please help , i am applying on my own and i had applied some days ago to centennial college. My profile is B.tech 70% , PTE 85 , I completed my b.tech in 2011 then still i am working but with gaps inbetween.

So whats my chances of offer letter and visa and when can i expect offer letter?
Does higher english score effects by any means ?
Gaining an admission into colleges shouldn't be of too much worries. High scores on Language Testing can also help boost your chances amidst other criterion like your academic profile, reference, letter of intent, and other factors considered by the DLI.

BTW using a PTI score to secure an admission won't be of difficulty but your PTI score could stand in your way against the VO who mostly gives preference and credibility to either IELTS(outstandingly) and TOEFL. I have only seen below an encouraging number that got approval with a PTI and that was some time ago. The choice is yours!

Good luck!

Vv sam

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Gaining an admission into colleges shouldn't be of too much worries. High scores on Language Testing can also help boost your chances amidst other criterion like your academic profile, reference, letter of intent, and other factors considered by the DLI.

BTW using a PTI score to secure an admission won't be of difficulty but your PTI score could stand in your way against the VO who mostly gives preference and credibility to either IELTS(outstandingly) and TOEFL. I have only seen below an encouraging number that got approval with a PTI and that was some time ago. The choice is yours!

Good luck!
Thank you for a detailed answer. But in how many days can I expect offer letter ? And the course i selected matched my degree , I passed B.tech in 2011 and worked since as a marine engineer but with some gaps , does this along with PTE make my case so weak

Raj_01

Oct 8, 2018
Hey...
I have got conditional offer letter from university of ottawa which doesn’t state exact tution fee.. i googled and come to know about that university will reveal exact amount after enrolling in courses which will start at the end of June..
But I can’t wait too long to apply for study permit.. plz help nd suggest how should I proceed further.

diptesh

Feb 14, 2019
hello everyone..........
I have been selected by U of Prince Edward Island for their MBA in Global Leadership (sept 2019)
My profile is .......
B.Tech 7.16 out of 10 (year 2009)
Work experience of 8+ years
PG Diploma 69.50% (year 2018)
IELTS 7.5 (no band below 6.5)
International Certifications : CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) from APICS (US/Canada body)
PMP (Project Management Professional) from PMI (US/Canada body)

My questions are .....

1. Is it a good course to go ahead ? Although I have gone through the course descriptions and found to be in order. What I am asking is that in terms of career progression and job prospects how good is the course as well as the university. Also do let me know how much the certifications are going to help me in job search.

2. I have also applied for UofWindsor (Master of Management : Supply Chain) on 1/2/2019 and till date it is showing all documents received. How long should I wait for windsor and what are the chances of getting admission from there?

3. Will there be any hitch in getting visa?

Any suggestions/answers would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Diptesh

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
hello everyone..........
I have been selected by U of Prince Edward Island for their MBA in Global Leadership (sept 2019)
My profile is .......
B.Tech 7.16 out of 10 (year 2009)
Work experience of 8+ years
PG Diploma 69.50% (year 2018)
IELTS 7.5 (no band below 6.5)
International Certifications : CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) from APICS (US/Canada body)
PMP (Project Management Professional) from PMI (US/Canada body)

My questions are .....

1. Is it a good course to go ahead ? Although I have gone through the course descriptions and found to be in order. What I am asking is that in terms of career progression and job prospects how good is the course as well as the university. Also do let me know how much the certifications are going to help me in job search.

2. I have also applied for UofWindsor (Master of Management : Supply Chain) on 1/2/2019 and till date it is showing all documents received. How long should I wait for windsor and what are the chances of getting admission from there?

3. Will there be any hitch in getting visa?

Any suggestions/answers would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Diptesh
I think it's a good option to go for. Certifications always help to integrate into the market. I am sure you will excel with your prior credentials.
As for Windsor, every university has its own internal system of applicant evaluation. It's safe to assume that you are in the backup list if you applied under Jan 15 deadline. That's what I can tell based on my recent experience.

You may need to cover gap if any in your studies with plausible explanations as VO can suspect. Also, you will need a clear and strong explanation to why you are opting for a master's degree with and after 8 years of work experience. Career advancement is always a thing to point but you will and should be able to convince the VO for this. Ties to the home country and other things related are to be dealt with care if you are to succeed in the visa application.

diptesh

Feb 14, 2019
I think it's a good option to go for. Certifications always help to integrate into the market. I am sure you will excel with your prior credentials.
As for Windsor, every university has its own internal system of applicant evaluation. It's safe to assume that you are in the backup list if you applied under Jan 15 deadline. That's what I can tell based on my recent experience.

You may need to cover gap if any in your studies with plausible explanations as VO can suspect. Also, you will need a clear and strong explanation to why you are opting for a master's degree with and after 8 years of work experience. Career advancement is always a thing to point but you will and should be able to convince the VO for this. Ties to the home country and other things related are to be dealt with care if you are to succeed in the visa application.
Dear Mustunsir,

Thank you very much for replying back.

Regarding gap in studies, after my graduation, i.e., in 2009, I have been working for the last 8+ years and currently holding a middle level managerial portfolio along with supporting for career progression. In 2017 I went for my PG Diploma in Supply Chain which I completed in 2018. Will it be considered as a gap in studies?

In order to show ties to the home country can I tell them that I am leaving behind my wife who is also a professional having equivalent seniority and experience in an MNC and my father who is a retired person, although both of them are not financially dependent on me. Will it suffice?

In terms of career advancement I can show them all the official letters proving increasing seniority and responsibilities received form my company over the years.

Kindly reply.

Also it would be better if u can give ur mail id. In case if u have any problem disclosing it on a public forum u can ping me at diptesh.das86@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Diptesh

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Dear Mustunsir,

Thank you very much for replying back.

Regarding gap in studies, after my graduation, i.e., in 2009, I have been working for the last 8+ years and currently holding a middle level managerial portfolio along with supporting for career progression. In 2017 I went for my PG Diploma in Supply Chain which I completed in 2018. Will it be considered as a gap in studies?

In order to show ties to the home country can I tell them that I am leaving behind my wife who is also a professional having equivalent seniority and experience in an MNC and my father who is a retired person, although both of them are not financially dependent on me. Will it suffice?

In terms of career advancement I can show them all the official letters proving increasing seniority and responsibilities received form my company over the years.

Kindly reply.

Also it would be better if u can give ur mail id. In case if u have any problem disclosing it on a public forum u can ping me at diptesh.das86@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Diptesh
Definition of a study gap totally depends on VO. What I can tell based on what I have read so far is that they look for a match in what you have been doing in the practical world to what you will do in the theoretical world i.e., your proposed studies/degree. If you are able to show that your proposed degree is closely aligned with your professional work and prior study background then you should be fine in principle. But principals are rarely considered in almost all cases. You will need a strong justification for why you are going for whatever degree you are accepted in as they may question: Why you need a Masters after PG? If PG does not help in advancing career then will the Masters do? Taking care of such concerns is in order for you to present a strong case.

Its' okay to list your family and children dependent on you so you will have no issue in home-ties thing. You can strengthen your case by providing a guaranteed job/confirmation letter from your current employee.

If possible then also look for something from the employee that says that you will be funded by your organization for your Masters. This will be added bounce. Never list any support from inside Canada other then University funding if any. Hope it helps. And here is my email: mustunsir@gmail.com

luhs

Mar 8, 2019
Even if the VOs are academically sound they treat every application base on immigration merits and not as an academician would treat it academically. With this stated assertion, the VO is going to scrutinize your application based on immigration which your application seems to already be lacking.

The questions are:
1. Why a Graduate certificate after a Bachelor, why not a Masters especially when with a good CGPA
2. Course correlation
3. The prospect and future goal as per the course/program for you/country
4. why Canada, why not your country or somewhere else in offering/wanting to study such course/program
5. Is you a genuine student whose studies is the sole purpose

Answer:
If you is able to convince the VO about the aforementioned concerns, then that got your question answered.

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

These questions have to be answered in my Statement of Purpose right? I have already written a convincing SOP mentioning answers for all the questions you mentioned above and my ultimate goal is to come back to my home country and become a regulatory affairs professional. Even Canada has only graduate certificates and postgraduate diplomas in regulatory affairs, not masters since it's a professional field and most of the people who pursue this have a science-related Bachelor degree which I have. And I have also managed to get an advanced job confirmation letter from my current employer that I can rejoin the same company after finishing my studies and be transferred to the Regulatory department of the company.

Will this job confirmation letter and a convincing SOP be sufficient?