+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hey bro, please give me insights on my application.

I am from Vietnam applying through SDS online application. I am a high school graduate and have been accepted to Carleton University for Bachelor of Computer Science degree with $4000 scholarship.

Academic background:
Year 12 - 83%
Year 13 - 82%
IELTS - 7.5 overall, lowest is 6.0

Financial proof:
Because it is SDS, I have paid GIC 10,000 and first year tuition fees in full according to financial requirements for SDS.

Travel history:
Travelled to U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Japan, South Korea, etc. Recently studied in New Zealand for my last 2 years of high school under a valid and approved New Zealand student visa. Left New Zealand right after I graduated.

Potential problem:
I didn't submit a SOP
Have an older sister with PR in Canada. But both my mom and dad, and my other older sister are in Vietnam, my home country. I also live with my parents as I am 17 years old.

Do you think I have a chance for visa approval?
Your profile is good enough to get a positive decision, but there is no proper home ties established, and the SOP with some documents of your parents to support it would be good. my sincere words will be: keep hope alive.

I think you should write an SOP likewise should either of your parents write a letter of sponsorship, then add some property documents and employment documents of either your parents, and if possible, irrespective of paying and meeting the financial requirements; include either of your parents's bank statement.

Your SOP should also hint extensively about your home ties, choice course etc search through the forum for samples of SOPs. These can be sent as an additional documents via email or webform.

NB: many applicants under the SDS stream has gotten approval without SOP, but its advisable to always include one.

BTW you can contact me for SOP writing, i charge for it.

Good luck!

Reactions: Al Saudi

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello. I am a Nigerian applying for study permit from USA. I have been here for 8 months and the processing time is supposed to be 3 weeks. o you by any chance know whether I will be asked to do medicals?
Since you've lived outside your country for more than 6 months, and you intend staying in Canada for more 6 months, you will be require to do one. For more clarity if you would need one, see the links below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html

https://www.canadavisa.com/visiting-canada-find-out-if-you-need-a-medical-exam.html#gs.ponuwh

mzjokky

Apr 25, 2019
what is my chance of getting canada study permit visa after getting funding from school for my masters degree, my father will be supporting me with 10million naira for the masters degree program for the two years
i have submitted my application for 4weeks now but no response.
i am 26 years old, no study gap, i have been to college of education where i studied yoruba language and music, studied linguistics for degree, gotten masters degree admission in linguistics with funding in canada, finished nysc march 2019, i applied for study permit june 2019 and no response yet. im worried.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
what is my chance of getting canada study permit visa after getting funding from school for my masters degree, my father will be supporting me with 10million naira for the masters degree program for the two years
i have submitted my application for 4weeks now but no response.
i am 26 years old, no study gap, i have been to college of education where i studied yoruba language and music, studied linguistics for degree, gotten masters degree admission in linguistics with funding in canada, finished nysc march 2019, i applied for study permit june 2019 and no response yet. im worried.
From the financial viewpoint of your application, your profile seems good and i believe you've handled your hometies properly and show relevant documents to back any stated claims in your SOP. I think with the above presented profile, you may end up getting a positive decision but only the VO have the final decision.

Many June 2019 apps, especially paper routes applicants (from my observation) are experiencing this delay. By 4weeks into the processing of your application, at least there ought to be certain updates.

Has your background check began? What stage is your application currently?

I think your moniker is very familiar outside this forum.

mzjokky

Apr 25, 2019
From the financial viewpoint of your application, your profile seems good and i believe you've handled your hometies properly and show relevant documents to back any stated claims in your SOP. I think with the above presented profile, you may end up getting a positive decision but only the VO have the final decision.

Many June 2019 apps, especially paper routes applicants (from my observation) are experiencing this delay. By 4weeks into the processing of your application, at least there ought to be certain updates.

Has your background check began? What stage is your application currently?

I think your moniker is very familiar outside this forum.
really, u think im familiar?
my background check has been on immediately i linked my account after one week of paper submission.
for the home ties, i used my 6siblings, they are all my junior bro and sis, and i am also to inherit my father"s business after my MA program in canada, and i am also coming back to lecture with new ideas gained from abroad, this has been my passion since i was a child. so,siblings, lecturing, managing and inheriting my fathers business as the first child is what i used as my home ties.
i really hope this is convincing.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
really, u think im familiar?
my background check has been on immediately i linked my account after one week of paper submission.
for the home ties, i used my 6siblings, they are all my junior bro and sis, and i am also to inherit my father"s business after my MA program in canada, and i am also coming back to lecture with new ideas gained from abroad, this has been my passion since i was a child. so,siblings, lecturing, managing and inheriting my fathers business as the first child is what i used as my home ties.
i really hope this is convincing.
Yes, you're very familiar to me. I believe with my response below, you may figure it out.

The points are absolutely reasonable, but the question also to you is: how well were you able expatiate and relate these points convincingly to winning the understanding of the VO in your SOP. I hope you understand the picture here.

Emmyarome

Jul 5, 2019
@johmsnow please kindly explain the background check.. Are they going to call your employer to find out about you or what exactly it is? Thanks

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
@johmsnow please kindly explain the background check.. Are they going to call your employer to find out about you or what exactly it is? Thanks
Not always the case but if necessary, yes they will. In background check, the submitted documents are properly scrutinized, verifying of the documents, checking if an applicant has a criminal records or previous history linking to criminal organization or violence etc

mzjokky

Apr 25, 2019
i still cant figure out where we might have met or talked before.
but as for my SOP, i think i did my best, i explained everything in details to make my application more cleared to the vo.
Yes, you're very familiar to me. I believe with my response below, you may figure it out.

The points are absolutely reasonable, but the question also to you is: how well were you able expatiate and relate these points convincingly to winning the understanding of the VO in your SOP. I hope you understand the picture here.

Emma_b

Jul 20, 2019
Good day, please i am trying to apply for 2020 intake graduate program in canada, and i finished with 3.23 CGPA will this be possible, have found some schools and programs i am interested in but need to be sure before applying and paying application fee

Emma_b

Jul 20, 2019
please i will like to know something, those of you applying for masters program, where you accepted by a supervisor in the schools before applying or you just applied?