+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Pls i already got my study visa,but i applied via paper route.i did not see any question like is work required for my study...that the co-op work term.pls should i apply for the co-op work permit now before i leave nigeria or would i get it at POE?
Your school can always assist you in applying for the co-op permit prior before the commencement date. If you resume, speak to the school advisor or the international office

Reactions: Oluwaseunabd

Rick-Sanchez

Dec 26, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
Visa Office......
Online Application at Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2019
Passport Req..
08-07-2019
Visa Approved for Study Permit (Canada).
This was Non-SDS. Online Application from Pakistan.
My Online Application was processed in UAE, Abu Dhabi.
Average Processing week for Pakistani Applicants is 8 weeks.

Applied on: 11 June 2019
Biometric Done on: 17 June 2019.
Medical Request despite upfront done: 25 June 2019
Medical Passed: 4 July 2019.
Correspondence Letter aka Biometric Validity Letter: 8 July 2019
Passport Request: 8 July 2019.
Application processed in about 4 weeks.

CIC sent me the Medical Request Form IMM1017-E despite having Upfront Medical done and having it uploaded when I submitted my application.

I resolved the problem by contacting the Hospital (IOM Karachi) and asked them to check up and see if they submitted my medical records. Within 6 days, my issue was resolved. The hospital forwarded my query to the embassy and later they were contacted by a Canadian Immigration Officer and linked my Medical records to my Visa File.

Before contacting the hospital, I send 2 Case Specific Enquiry to Canada and 2 Case Specific Enquiry to Abu Dhabi and along with each CSE, I attached my passport, Medical Upfront (E-Medical Information Sheet), Medical Request Form IMM1017-E and the Hospital Email Conversation. I believe they weren’t helpful or maybe they were. Not sure.

I wasn’t requested to submit Police Certificate.
Didn’t seek helped from any Consultant or Agent.
My brother and my mother were sponsoring me. (Both of them wrote their own sponsorship letter)

My advice would be to write a strong and good Statement of Purpose.
I applied with Offer of admission. My advice would be to not apply with a conditional letter.
I paid for first semester fees only.
I mentioned on my SOP that I was on the waiting list for accommodation (On campus residence). Hadn't paid or was confirmed residence when I applied.

The process is easy and simple but requires patience. Have Faith.

Good luck. ;)

May 16, 2019
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
Applied may 20 2019
Biometrics request may 20
Biometrics done may 24
Application Accepted may 24
Biometrics validation letter June 27
Application has been updated June 28
Nothing yet from them, no medical request yet. Do I still have the chance of getting the visa or not am just worried everyday from Nigeria

Mojoyin

Jul 3, 2019
Hi
Please has anyone gotten admission into Seneca College for winter 2020 intake? When did you apply?
Also please does anyone know how long it takes Seneca to review applications

ayesha161971

Oct 28, 2018
I have bachelor's in Civil Engineering, IELTS 7.5 band overall none less than 6.5, CGPA 3.43 out of 4, have 30 million overall (sponsored by brother, mother and self), doing job in Civil Engineering field since gradation 2017, applied for masters in Civil Engineering from Concordia University and classes will commence on 2nd September . I applied on 2nd July 2019 and gave biometrics on 8 July. I applied from Pakistan. I am very worried about visa approval. What are the chances?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

CIC sent me the Medical Request Form IMM1017-E despite having Upfront Medical done and having it uploaded when I submitted my application.

I resolved the problem by contacting the Hospital (IOM Karachi) and asked them to check up and see if they submitted my medical records. Within 6 days, my issue was resolved. The hospital forwarded my query to the embassy and later they were contacted by a Canadian Immigration Officer and linked my Medical records to my Visa File.

Before contacting the hospital, I send 2 Case Specific Enquiry to Canada and 2 Case Specific Enquiry to Abu Dhabi and along with each CSE, I attached my passport, Medical Upfront (E-Medical Information Sheet), Medical Request Form IMM1017-E and the Hospital Email Conversation. I believe they weren’t helpful or maybe they were. Not sure.

My brother and my mother were sponsoring me. (Both of them wrote their own sponsorship letter)

I applied with Offer of admission. My advice would be to not apply with a conditional letter.
I mentioned on my SOP that I was on the waiting list for accommodation (On campus residence). Hadn't paid or was confirmed residence when I applied.

Good luck. ;)
Big congratulations

Reactions: Rick-Sanchez

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Applied may 20 2019
Biometrics request may 20
Biometrics done may 24
Application Accepted may 24
Biometrics validation letter June 27
Application has been updated June 28
Nothing yet from them, no medical request yet. Do I still have the chance of getting the visa or not am just worried everyday from Nigeria
I am sorry to say, but your application might not be successful. Base on your profile, it seems you got the Biometrics validity letter before medical request which is not a favourable sign for Nigerian applicants. Be patient, you will hear from them soon. Besides, your application process seems order based on your timeline.

Best of luck!

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I have bachelor's in Civil Engineering, IELTS 7.5 band overall none less than 6.5, CGPA 3.43 out of 4, have 30 million overall (sponsored by brother, mother and self), doing job in Civil Engineering field since gradation 2017, applied for masters in Civil Engineering from Concordia University and classes will commence on 2nd September . I applied on 2nd July 2019 and gave biometrics on 8 July. I applied from Pakistan. I am very worried about visa approval. What are the chances?
This is a good profile and I see a steady career progression. If your SOP is strong and well crafted to convince the VO on why a study in Canada, you would surely get a positive decision.

Good luck!

Reactions: ayesha161971

Azlan Aslam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019

Good luck. ;)
Hi dear,
Do all the online applications from Pakistan are processed in UAE? How you came to know that your application was being processed in Abu Dhabi?

Rick-Sanchez

Dec 26, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
Visa Office......
Online Application at Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2019
Passport Req..
08-07-2019
Hi dear,
Do all the online applications from Pakistan are processed in UAE? How you came to know that your application was being processed in Abu Dhabi?
Yes.
I got the reply back from the web-forms I send. It said that online applications are processed in Abu Dhabi from Pakistan.

ELIF#1

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017

Good luck. ;)
congrats

ELIF#1

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
I am waiting for four months from Pakistan
I applied on 15 March
Got Biometric validity letter on 24 April

after that no correspondence. I emailed to them and submitted webform as well let c what they reply.

My online status shows background checking. can anyone put light on this, please?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Your school can always assist you in applying for the co-op permit prior before the commencement date. If you resume, speak to the school advisor or the international office
Hey bro, please give me insights on my application.

I am from Vietnam applying through SDS online application. I am a high school graduate and have been accepted to Carleton University for Bachelor of Computer Science degree with $4000 scholarship.

Academic background:
Year 12 - 83%
Year 13 - 82%
IELTS - 7.5 overall, lowest is 6.0

Financial proof:
Because it is SDS, I have paid GIC 10,000 and first year tuition fees in full according to financial requirements for SDS.

Travel history:
Travelled to U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Japan, South Korea, etc. Recently studied in New Zealand for my last 2 years of high school under a valid and approved New Zealand student visa. Left New Zealand right after I graduated.

Potential problem:
I didn't submit a SOP
Have an older sister with PR in Canada. But both my mom and dad, and my other older sister are in Vietnam, my home country. I also live with my parents as I am 17 years old.

Do you think I have a chance for visa approval?

Last edited: