+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Hema_1993

Jan 27, 2019
By which month will the admission decisions for the concordia university and university of alberta be finalized and notified??????? Since am waiting from 16 Nov 2018... it's almost 11th week...
If anybody know please share your thoughts....
Replies are appreciated....

sheikh.abaz

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Hi,

I was confused about the program duration of Project Management. The acceptance letter says that the program length is 1 year which is divided into two semesters of 4 months each.
I wanted to know that where will the remaining 4 months be utilized? Will this be a break between two semesters or I will be free for 4 months after completing my 8 months study?

Your guidance is highly appreciated

Hema_1993

Jan 27, 2019
Hi,

I was confused about the program duration of Project Management. The acceptance letter says that the program length is 1 year which is divided into two semesters of 4 months each.
I wanted to know that where will the remaining 4 months be utilized? Will this be a break between two semesters or I will be free for 4 months after completing my 8 months study?

Hello sheikh....
Bro exactly I do not know. Those 4 months might be covered in between 2 semesters as a summer vacation. Am not sure about this. Please contact the person-in-charge in the University regarding this.
Don't worry bro... please check witj

Reactions: sheikh.abaz

sheikh.abaz

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Hello sheikh....
Bro exactly I do not know. Those 4 months might be covered in between 2 semesters as a summer vacation. Am not sure about this. Please contact the person-in-charge in the University regarding this.
Don't worry bro... please check witj
Thanks. I have emailed them.

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi,

There is no confusion here, the Canadian term- 1 academic year refers to 8 months (2 semesters). There is no break between them

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Then what abot the remaining 4 months? Will I be free for 4 months after 8 months?
I am not 100% sure on this but it is usually you should either have a valid offer letter from your second course to continue staying there as a student or you must have applied for a post-graduate work permit before finishing your final semester.
Cheers!

Hema_1993

Jan 27, 2019
Hello friends
B.E. mechanical - 8.4cgpa/10 without backlogs (2014 passed out)
10th - 84%
12th - 85%
IELTS - 6.5 with no module less than 6
Work experience - 4 years in my core

I have applied for MEng Mechanical engineering on 16th november to both Concordia university and university of alberta for Sept 2019 intake.
On checking my application status on Concordia University's portal. It is mentioned that " your file has been assessed, we will be notified when the decision has been made". It is almost 11th week am waiting for my decision...

At U of Alberta, the admission status is "decision pending" from the date I have submitted the application...

How long do I need wait for the decision from these 2 universities for September 2019 intake??????
Do age gap matters in these universities????
If anyone else facing this situation please reply...
Earliest replies are appreciated... Please guide me....

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Then what abot the remaining 4 months? Will I be free for 4 months after 8 months?
Do not confuse academic year with calendar year. A Canadian academic year is 8 months long (2 semesters of four months each). It is not a literal calendar year of 12 months.

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
You need to have some history of funds. It is up to the discretion of the visa officer to take that into consideration. Depending on the visa office there are requirements to show funds.
My question is similar to this, I have been accepted to Centennial for Sept 2019 intake, have paid the deposit and await the offer letter to apply for SP. I will have the funds for school fee and the $10,000 however I will be living with my uncle in Toronto. What do I need to show when I apply for SP. My school fee is about 50% in my account and the rest will be there within the next 4-6 mths

sheikh.abaz

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Do not confuse academic year with calendar year. A Canadian academic year is 8 months long (2 semesters of four months each). It is not a literal calendar year of 12 months.
Do you mean I will be there for 8 months only? And I can only stay more if I get a PGWP?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello friends
B.E. mechanical - 8.4cgpa/10 without backlogs (2014 passed out)
10th - 84%
12th - 85%
IELTS - 6.5 with no module less than 6
Work experience - 4 years in my core

I have applied for MEng Mechanical engineering on 16th november to both Concordia university and university of alberta for Sept 2019 intake.
On checking my application status on Concordia University's portal. It is mentioned that " your file has been assessed, we will be notified when the decision has been made". It is almost 11th week am waiting for my decision...

At U of Alberta, the admission status is "decision pending" from the date I have submitted the application...

How long do I need wait for the decision from these 2 universities for September 2019 intake??????
Do age gap matters in these universities????
If anyone else facing this situation please reply...
Earliest replies are appreciated... Please guide me....
Has the DLI have their admission deadline/window closed?

Age does not play a substantial effect

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Do you mean I will be there for 8 months only? And I can only stay more if I get a PGWP?
After completion of your studies, technically you are required to go back to home country. But Canada offers pathways to extend your stay such as PGWP or applying for PR. If you have used up your PGWP, there is LMIA, but don’t rely on that because it is too expensive for companies who would hire you. Sure, some do get LMIA but it’s not guaranteed for most.

sheikh.abaz

Star Member
May 11, 2018
After completion of your studies, technically you are required to go back to home country. But Canada offers pathways to extend your stay such as PGWP or applying for PR. If you have used up your PGWP, there is LMIA, but don’t rely on that because it is too expensive for companies who would hire you. Sure, some do get LMIA but it’s not guaranteed for most.
No I haven't used PGWP. So you mean I will have 4 moths to apply for PGWP after completion of my studies?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
No, once you get your official graduation letter, apply for PGWP. You need a valid study permit and it needs to be within 90 days of your graduation. My advice, try and get the letter as soon as possible and apply.