+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I got an offer letter from fleming college for a 1 year course it starts in may 2019 and ends in dec 2019 im confused whether i can work partime with the student visa after dec 2019 for 4 months as the course is 1 year
If i do another 1 year course will i be eligible for pgwp of 3 years ?
It means the program would be completed in 7months but a 1 year study visa would be issued. You can't work without currently enrolled in a school or have a PGWP after graduation which would have a validity of 1 year given your program been 1 year(any program above 6months = 1 year PGWP)

You can also decide to further but make sure you have the new admission letter prior before the end of your first to be avoid precipitated occurrence.

In your admission, was it stated 1year or 7 months, or just the start date to the end date only? You can also send email to the school for better clarity

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hey everybody... I just turn in application and pay fee but I didn't add my transcript to my documents I uploaded... Just wanna know, how do embassy verify national diploma certificate? will they mail it to school or should I go get it by myself? Will it affect my application?... Please I need answer from the Guru in the house
You can send in your additional documents via web form or email to the visa office handling your application or offices handling applications from your country if you don't know the specific office processing your application.

If your diploma isn't issued by an accredited institution it will come as a red flag to ruin your application. IRCC have no one specific ways of verifying applications, and can't give answers based on assumptions

sheikh.abaz

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Please guide.

There was a confusion that I would like someone to address here so that many people can get a clear guidance. For proof of funds, do we have to show the amount continuously for 4-6 months in our account or we should have the required amount (Tuition fee+10,000 CAD) in the account while applying for Study permit?

bammy007

Jul 11, 2018
Hi guys...please I'm new to this thread and I have a couple of questions. Please help!

A friend applied for study permit since early last year and hasn't received any response. VO is London and GCMS just arrived. Eligibility is review required and going through the notes, there is no comment on why eligibility is review required. Although Criminality is passed, security is blank. A page of the document is redacted and some pages have 16(1)c 19(1) on them.

Please can you shed some light to possible reasons why this is so. I really appreciate.

Loiswood99

Jan 24, 2019
Hi gyz any hints on list of cheap universities who do not require a deposit fee?
Reliable schools need help. Also for fall 2019 intake when should i begin application. ?

Thanks.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi guys...please I'm new to this thread and I have a couple of questions. Please help!

A friend applied for study permit since early last year and hasn't received any response. VO is London and GCMS just arrived. Eligibility is review required and going through the notes, there is no comment on why eligibility is review required. Although Criminality is passed, security is blank. A page of the document is redacted and some pages have 16(1)c 19(1) on them.

Please can you shed some light to possible reasons why this is so. I really appreciate.
Most May/June/July/early August Nigeria applicants are facing such challenge from the London visa office "maybe" due to backlog and a" rumoured" system crash which they are gradually trying to sort out, given to the delays, the rumours might just be true.

As for the eligibility review, it seems that at the time the gcms notes was requested, the eligibility requested has not began. The eligibility review must start before a final decision can be reached in an application. Most Nigerians experiencing such delays has their application send in again for a secondary review but in this case of yours, it seems it has not began at the time of requesting for the gcms notes which with such notification would likely begin soon.

This is the least i can say based on your provided information

Last edited:

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Please guide.

There was a confusion that I would like someone to address here so that many people can get a clear guidance. For proof of funds, do we have to show the amount continuously for 4-6 months in our account or we should have the required amount (Tuition fee+10,000 CAD) in the account while applying for Study permit?
You is expected to show living expenses to cover 1yr. The funds should be preferably be in your account prior to the processing

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi gyz any hints on list of cheap universities who do not require a deposit fee?
Reliable schools need help. Also for fall 2019 intake when should i begin application. ?

Thanks.
Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Memorial, Brandon University but a deposit to secure your seat would be demanded which is often cheap.

Use google to get a wider search

sheikh.abaz

Star Member
May 11, 2018
You is expected to show living expenses to cover 1yr. The funds should be preferably be in your account prior to the processing
I understand what you are saying. But my question is that should we have that amount in our account for 4 months continuously or is it ok if I deposit last remaining 10,000CAD just a month before application?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I understand what you are saying. But my question is that should we have that amount in our account for 4 months continuously or is it ok if I deposit last remaining 10,000CAD just a month before application?
Apart from the funds to show to the VO as proof of funds, YES you can deposite the $10k in just a month which should be addressed in both your SOP and Sponsorship letter citing the date, amount, reasons for the transfer, accounts numbers used for the transactions etc

bammy007

Jul 11, 2018
Most May/June/July/early August Nigeria applicants are facing such challenge from the London visa office "maybe" due to backlog and a" rumoured" system crash which they are gradually trying to sort out, given to the delays, the rumours might just be true.

As for the eligibility review, it seems that at the time the gcms notes was requested, the eligibility requested has not began. The eligibility review must start before a final decision can be reached in an application. Most Nigerians experiencing such delays has their application send in again for a secondary review but in this case of yours, it seems it has not began at the time of requesting for the gcms notes which with such notification would likely begin soon.

This is the least i can say based on your provided information
Thank you for the detailed response @Johnsnow 007
Do you have any comments on the S.16(1)c 19(1) and the redacted page seen in the gcms note?

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
Please guide.

You need to have some history of funds. It is up to the discretion of the visa officer to take that into consideration. Depending on the visa office there are requirements to show funds.

Hema_1993

Jan 27, 2019
Hello friends
B.E. mechanical - 8.4cgpa/10 without backlogs (2014 passed out)
10th - 84%
12th - 85%
IELTS - 6.5 with no module less than 6
Work experience - 4 years in my core

I have applied for MEng Mechanical engineering on 16th november to both Concordia university and university of alberta for Sept 2019 intake.
On checking my application status on Concordia University's portal. It is mentioned that " your file has been assessed, we will be notified when the decision has been made". It is almost 11th week am waiting for my decision...

At U of Alberta, the admission status is "decision pending" from the date I have submitted the application...

How long do I need wait for the decision from these 2 universities for September 2019 intake??????
Do age gap matters in these universities????
If anyone else facing this situation please reply...
Earliest replies are appreciated... Please guide me....