+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,
I have finished applying to three universities in Canada for a post-professional master's degree in environmental sustainability. I want to get some guidance on how to make my student visa application stronger in case I get accepted and decide to take the offer. Here is my background

Citizenship: Guatemalan
Moved to Louisiana, USA in 2013 to pursue my Bachelor of Science in Architecture, and stayed to complete my 2-year Master of Architecture (which is a requirement for licensure).

This is my main concern: I have, evidently, lived in Louisiana for almost 6 years, so I don't have significant connections or ties to Guatemala anymore. I have two brothers that live there, no properties or assets. I do have a job offer from a construction company for when I complete my studies, but that is it. It is hard to prove that I have many reasons to go back. I have many more reasons to come back to the U.S. on paper, but not Guatemala. However, my intentions are honestly to move back home after my post-professional masters degree and practice architecture there as well as teach at a college level.

I have a 3.87 GPA, several summer internships and part-time positions in the field of architecture, and I believe I can produce a very well-rounded statement of purpose.

Do you think that not having any formal ties to Guatemala will hurt my application? What can I do besides presenting that job offer to show my intention to go back home?
What you should note firstly is how to properly and carefully relate your previous course of study of Science in Architecture and your prospect course of study of environmental sustainability as both are of different field which might arise as a red flag if not convincingly addressed. Another area is why a second Masters and why not a Ph.D(this should properly be explained to the understanding of the VO in your SOP).

Regarding your hometies, one tie must be stronger than the other, if possible use both since you have the intentions of going back to your home country. Just try to provide as many substantial documents that you can lay hands on pointing to both your home country and country of residence(show both ties if possible but if not opt for the strongest tie - economic, social, cultural ties).

Make sure also you show every legal documents recognizing or permitting your stay in your country of residence. Good luck

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Dear seniors,

I applied for Project Management in Conestoga College for Fall 2019 intake. As of now,all the programs are full for Fall 2019 . Does this mean that I (who has submitted the application when intake was open) stand no chance of acceptance?
You stand a chance if you meet their requirements or eligibility. Colleges are often flexible with admission process unlike Universities, must Canadian institutions issues admission on the basis of first come first serve BUT if you apply late on deadline date, you still stand a chance except on the the exceptionally. Be optimistic

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hey ,
I applied to a study permit for Sep 2019 intake .. I know it quite early to apply but I did anyway.So I applied on OCT10 and was contacted by the Migration officer on 25 Nov and asked to submit additional information regarding the bank statement I provided in support of my application.
I sumbitted the additional document on Dec 3 and no updates since then.
I emailed them two weeks ago and they told me that my application is under process. So now it’s been 3 months and I’m aware that my courses start after 8 months but is it possible to get a study permit although it’s too early? And usually do applications with this kind of delay pass ?
Quite a long question I know sorry .
I’m just worried and running out of patience.
Many thanks :)
Its a fact that the process tense too much. You should want to know that an application that stayed for a year was once approved, so the duration does not matter in getting a decision of either a delay or approval. In your case, its not too early getting a decision as it "might" just be in a secondary review(by a second VO).

what school/program did you apply to, and which country you from?

Majed-bq97

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Its a fact that the process tense too much. You should want to know that an application that stayed for a year was once approved, so the duration does not matter in getting a decision of either a delay or approval. In your case, its not too early getting a decision as it "might" just be in a secondary review(by a second VO).

what school/program did you apply to, and which country you from?
I’ve been accepted at Royal Roads University for Bachelor of Business administration and management.
I’m originally from Yemen but I was born and bred in Saudi Arabia and I live in It.
I totally understand how difficult it is for people from countries at war. Plus, it is my second time applying for a study permit , the first one was refused within two weeks because of hometies and I reapplied with a solid letter of explanation and I’m still waiting.The thing is ,a friend of mine who applied after me was once also asked to submit additional information because of the bank statement and got approved within 3 days after he submitted it . And his country is almost like mine “underdeveloped”.
I hope all this waiting pays off eventually.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I’ve been accepted at Royal Roads University for Bachelor of Business administration and management.
I’m originally from Yemen but I was born and bred in Saudi Arabia and I live in It.
I totally understand how difficult it is for people from countries at war. Plus, it is my second time applying for a study permit , the first one was refused within two weeks because of hometies and I reapplied with a solid letter of explanation and I’m still waiting.The thing is ,a friend of mine who applied after me was once also asked to submit additional information because of the bank statement and got approved within 3 days after he submitted it . And his country is almost like mine “underdeveloped”.
I hope all this waiting pays off eventually.
Be hopeful...

Blema

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
You have a good CGPA that could qualify you if no other applicants(falls within the selected numbers of applicants) has a CGPA more impressive than yours, then you might be selected for the scholarship. In a second note, you can write to the international office about a possible scholarship program or browse through their website for further info
Please what do you mean by international office? Is it that of the university or Canada

pancho9208

Oct 16, 2018
What you should note firstly is how to properly and carefully relate your previous course of study of Science in Architecture and your prospect course of study of environmental sustainability as both are of different field which might arise as a red flag if not convincingly addressed. Another area is why a second Masters and why not a Ph.D(this should properly be explained to the understanding of the VO in your SOP).

Regarding your hometies, one tie must be stronger than the other, if possible use both since you have the intentions of going back to your home country. Just try to provide as many substantial documents that you can lay hands on pointing to both your home country and country of residence(show both ties if possible but if not opt for the strongest tie - economic, social, cultural ties).

Make sure also you show every legal documents recognizing or permitting your stay in your country of residence. Good luck
Fortunately, it is easy for me to explain the correlation between Architecture and Enviornmental Studies, as sustainable architecture is a formal field in which I intend to practice. A second, post-profesional master's degree is much more appropriate for someone planning to practice than a PhD. If I wanted to solely teach, I would likely apply to a PhD program. I believe I can make a strong case for those two decisions.
What I am not sure about is that I can put together any significant documentation proving ties anywhere. Would visa officers consider the following documents convincing enough?
Employment offer upon return
Mid-term small investment
Close brothers, cousins, aunts, grandparents in Guatemala

Note: I am only 24 years old, so I haven't really had a chance to set many ties anywhere.v

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Fortunately, it is easy for me to explain the correlation between Architecture and Enviornmental Studies, as sustainable architecture is a formal field in which I intend to practice. A second, post-profesional master's degree is much more appropriate for someone planning to practice than a PhD. If I wanted to solely teach, I would likely apply to a PhD program. I believe I can make a strong case for those two decisions.
What I am not sure about is that I can put together any significant documentation proving ties anywhere. Would visa officers consider the following documents convincing enough?
Employment offer upon return
Mid-term small investment
Close brothers, cousins, aunts, grandparents in Guatemala

Note: I am only 24 years old, so I haven't really had a chance to set many ties anywhere.v
What you've explained is a good fact, build on it more, and as for the ties, the aforementioned is on point and your age also makes it a plus. If possible show parents or grandparents(if you can build a case ) landed properties, birth certificates.

The point/aim here is to convince the VO you would return to your primary place of resident

Rajan@123

Jan 14, 2019
I got offer letter of centennial college may 2019 intake for mechanical engineering technology- design (fast track) advance diploma which is of two year(4 semester) but in my offer letter the approximate date of completion of is given dec 2020 So after completing the course for how much period of PGWP I WILL get please tell me.