+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I’m new here and love to apply for master program but I will like to have much information before I start with any universities.

Thanks
First identify the DLI(best chances identify more than one) of your preference, visit their websites to view their programs that suit your preference, send email of enquiries to the DLI for further Info's, choose a suitable program in line with your previous course/work experience. This would set you up

Reactions: iamtslim

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,

As an international student, what is the criteria for grant of scholarship? I applied to Queen, U of S and Windsor. I finished with 4.37 Cgpa
You will be nominated if you qualify and each DLI has different criteria for qualifying for a scholarship, visit the DLI websites or send an email to the international office and get pointed to the right direction

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello everyone ,

I will be applying for sept 19 intake . Currently I am working and I had graduated in the year2014 .Will this many years of gap be a problem for my college application ??

Any leads will be helpful!

Thanks in advance
In fact, your years experience would help in you admission to colleges whilst in your visa application, just explain the gap convincingly in your SOP

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,

I have applied for Sept 19 intake, for a software development program in Vancouver Island.

I had a gap of 1 year where I've been working as a freelancer at home, will this cause any issues getting my visa approved? I can prove that work with some client references.

Also how much do I have to show in my bank account? I'll be paying the tuition for 1 year once I get an offer letter, so will $10-12k be enough?

Thanks a lot.
You have no issues if you can explain your gap with convincing evidence. Tuition fees varies from DLI to the other as colleges are often expensive which $10-12k might not suffice to some depending on the province but to universities, it will also depending on the province. For an accurate budget, visit the website of the DLI or send them an email

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
You have no issues if you can explain your gap with convincing evidence. Tuition fees varies from DLI to the other as colleges are often expensive which $10-12k might not suffice to some depending on the province but to universities, it will also depending on the province. For an accurate budget, visit the website of the DLI or send them an email
Thank you, John!

I didn't mean to ask about the tuition rates, for my college it is CAD 15k per year, so I am paying that amount very soon, once I get the acceptance letter.

And I am positive $12k which converts to around CAD 15.9k would be sufficient to show in my bank statements, that's what I am working towards saving before applying for the visa this April/May.

Thanks again.

vaibhavvj

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Its so funny reading your post, sorry to say. You can't expect a Masters application decision to be reached within 13days prior to the applied date. Just relax and seize the opportunity to put your rest documents in place.

It will interest you to know that admission decision varies from department to other
I applied for undergraduate program and I'm not talking about getting admission decision I was talking about getting confirmation and student ID which I got on 10 jan

Saksham11

Jan 13, 2019

Hi everyone, my current education qualifications are (India):
10th (cbse): 10.00 cgpa
12th (cbse, commerce): 92.2%
B.A. Economics Hons. (Panjab University-till 4th sem): 76.7%
IELTS (Academic): 8 overall with 8.5 L,9 R, 7.5 W, 7.5S
GRE: 312 with 152 in verbal and 160 in quant
I have actually applied for masters in economics at UBC, McGill, Dalhousie, Carleton and Concordia University. Can anyone tell me if i stand a chance of getting in these universities or if anyone has some other suggestions regarding where i should consider applying?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

I have actually applied for masters in economics at UBC, McGill, Dalhousie, Carleton and Concordia University. Can anyone tell me if i stand a chance of getting in these universities or if anyone has some other suggestions regarding where i should consider applying?
This is an impressive academic profile, you should stand an admission chance with the aforementioned DLI you listed

Reactions: Saksham11

pancho9208

Oct 16, 2018
Hello,
I have finished applying to three universities in Canada for a post-professional master's degree in environmental sustainability. I want to get some guidance on how to make my student visa application stronger in case I get accepted and decide to take the offer. Here is my background

Citizenship: Guatemalan
Moved to Louisiana, USA in 2013 to pursue my Bachelor of Science in Architecture, and stayed to complete my 2-year Master of Architecture (which is a requirement for licensure).

This is my main concern: I have, evidently, lived in Louisiana for almost 6 years, so I don't have significant connections or ties to Guatemala anymore. I have two brothers that live there, no properties or assets. I do have a job offer from a construction company for when I complete my studies, but that is it. It is hard to prove that I have many reasons to go back. I have many more reasons to come back to the U.S. on paper, but not Guatemala. However, my intentions are honestly to move back home after my post-professional masters degree and practice architecture there as well as teach at a college level.

I have a 3.87 GPA, several summer internships and part-time positions in the field of architecture, and I believe I can produce a very well-rounded statement of purpose.

Do you think that not having any formal ties to Guatemala will hurt my application? What can I do besides presenting that job offer to show my intention to go back home?

sheikh.abaz

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Dear seniors,

I applied for Project Management in Conestoga College for Fall 2019 intake. As of now,all the programs are full for Fall 2019 . Does this mean that I (who has submitted the application when intake was open) stand no chance of acceptance?

Majed-bq97

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hey ,
I applied to a study permit for Sep 2019 intake .. I know it quite early to apply but I did anyway.So I applied on OCT10 and was contacted by the Migration officer on 25 Nov and asked to submit additional information regarding the bank statement I provided in support of my application.
I sumbitted the additional document on Dec 3 and no updates since then.
I emailed them two weeks ago and they told me that my application is under process. So now it’s been 3 months and I’m aware that my courses start after 8 months but is it possible to get a study permit although it’s too early? And usually do applications with this kind of delay pass ?
Quite a long question I know sorry .
I’m just worried and running out of patience.
Many thanks :)

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018

In my opinion universities such as UBC, McGill etc do not depend solely on the academic profile which in your case is good. Your SOP and work experience would matter and your leadership skills and personality (soft skills) will be put to test for sure. But on the positive side, the acceptance rate is not as bad as some of the American peers. Best of luck!

Reactions: Saksham11

Saksham11

Jan 13, 2019
In my opinion universities such as UBC, McGill etc do not depend solely on the academic profile which in your case is good. Your SOP and work experience would matter and your leadership skills and personality (soft skills) will be put to test for sure. But on the positive side, the acceptance rate is not as bad as some of the American peers. Best of luck!
Thanks for the reply! I don't have any proper work experience per se cause I am still in the last year of my under-graduation degree but i do have a couple of internships and a few extra certificate courses in economics that i undertook throughout my course plus some internships with a few ngos. I do feel i have a well rounded sop so lets see how it goes!