+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of sponsor's intention to return to Canada???

Jassgarcha7

Mar 30, 2019
Going to India after sending your application is a mistake. As a PR, you are supposed to stay in Canada for the duration of your application. Sending documents that prove you are in India is possibly the reason that they needed more documents from you. I would highly suggest that you not leave Canada again until the sponsorship is completed for the best chance possible.
Yes, you’re right! But before I went back, iasked my rep and he said there is no problem!! Anyhow, now it is what it is!!! He is also saying we not gonna explain any reasons we will jus send the info that you are back and started a job.. but I will have him to write a letter explaining my reasons of stay there..

Hope it will work

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Yes, you’re right! But before I went back, iasked my rep and he said there is no problem!! Anyhow, now it is what it is!!! He is also saying we not gonna explain any reasons we will jus send the info that you are back and started a job.. but I will have him to write a letter explaining my reasons of stay there..

Hope it will work
If your rep really told you there would be no issues with that, he or she does not know what he or she is doing. Please be more cautious, it is good you are in this forum now to ask questions.

I think if you stay put you should have a good chance. Good luck!

Tracy0011

Jan 31, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10/12/2018
AOR Received.
07/02/2019
File Transfer...
27/02/2019 Mississauga
Med's Request
19/02/2019
Med's Done....
01/03/2019

Jassgarcha7

Mar 30, 2019
If your rep really told you there would be no issues with that, he or she does not know what he or she is doing. Please be more cautious, it is good you are in this forum now to ask questions.

I think if you stay put you should have a good chance. Good luck!
Yes, i have joined a job and not goibg anywhere..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I’m the permanent resident in Canada. I applied for my husband in Sept 2018, I went back to India in end of October..then in November, we received the application number and medical request. after this, they asked me to send proof of residency that I maintained after I applied for his husband which may include but not limited to job letter/education letter, health card, driving licence, utility bills, bank statemnts, phone bills and travel information if I’m outside Canada. Then I sent them travels tickets to india, bank statements (that I’m pying my credit card bills and car instalmants), car storage insurance. But now i again got a letter that the officer is not satisfied with the provided proofs and the onus is on me to satisfy him! After second letter, i got back go Canada and i’m starting a new job this week . I hope, my physical presence and a job letter, accomodation letter and letter explaining reasons of my stay in India and our future plan would satisfy him.

But I’m very worried now that what would happen next!!
The issue is that as a PR you ,must remain in Canada to sponsor. A short trip seems to be allowed but that is 2-3weeks. You could have your sponsorship rejected for your long break in India.

Jassgarcha7

Mar 30, 2019
The issue is that as a PR you ,must remain in Canada to sponsor. A short trip seems to be allowed but that is 2-3weeks. You could have your sponsorship rejected for your long break in India.
What if there is a reason for the stay?? Beacuse i was planning to get back in mid of dec then suddenly my real sister-in-law’s marriage got fixed for end of january.. as you may know that indian weddings are quite long..

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
What if there is a reason for the stay?? Beacuse i was planning to get back in mid of dec then suddenly my real sister-in-law’s marriage got fixed for end of january.. as you may know that indian weddings are quite long..
In my opinion, that is not a good reason. You CHOSE to send the sponsorship application and then went to India which indicates you knew the requirement that you had to be in Canada but left anyway. You could have chosen to wait until you got back from the wedding to send the application. Furthermore, you only went back because the letter asking for proof that you are in Canada (the second letter right?) was sent to you.

Reactions: canuck78

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The officer has discretion and will have to be satisfied with your explanation. If he isn't, then it may be rejected. There's no guarantee either way, you just have to wait and see.

Reactions: canuck78

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
But you left Canada in October and returned in what, March?