Proof of Funds - Help!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweta1125 said:
Thanks Asivad Anac.

If I include a LOE along with last 6 months bank statements (it shows both my Savings bal. as well as FD bal.) will it work?
That would suffice.

kunal81

Jul 7, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Request your inputs on the following points:

1) In case I book an FD after receiving an ITA,for the entire amount required to be shown as POF , will that be a problem ? I mean is there any vintage requirement for the fixed deposit?

2) Also will CIC require the source of funds for my fixed deposit? In case I provide an affidavit stating that I received a gift from my father for the same , will that suffice ? Also would CIC ask for my father's bank statement in that case to understand the source of those funds in my father's account?

3) Instead of my father could my aunt provide an affidavit stating that she has gifted me the funds to book my fixed deposit ?

Thanks in Advance !
Kunal.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kunal81 said:
Hi Asivad,

Request your inputs on the following points:

1) In case I book an FD after receiving an ITA,for the entire amount required to be shown as POF , will that be a problem ? I mean is there any vintage requirement for the fixed deposit?

CIC asks for 6 months average balance to verify if the funds are unencumbered. A recent fixed deposit can be questioned - the onus lies on you to establish that the funds aren't borrowed.

2) Also will CIC require the source of funds for my fixed deposit? In case I provide an affidavit stating that I received a gift from my father for the same , will that suffice ? Also would CIC ask for my father's bank statement in that case to understand the source of those funds in my father's account?

That would suffice. They are bothered about source of funds only to the extent of the funds not being borrowed by the PA.

3) Instead of my father could my aunt provide an affidavit stating that she has gifted me the funds to book my fixed deposit ?

Yes.

Thanks in Advance !
Kunal.

sweta1125

May 25, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
That would suffice.
Hi Asivad Anac,

One more question if my spouse(who is accompanying me) transfers funds from his sole account to my account, still a declaration that it is a gift would be required. I am the primary applicant.

Thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweta1125 said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

One more question if my spouse(who is accompanying me) transfers funds from his sole account to my account, still a declaration that it is a gift would be required. I am the primary applicant.

Thanks in advance
Silly as it sounds, Yes. Funds have to belong to the PA without being encumbered by anyone.

pankush gupta

Jul 25, 2015
Hi,
i have just entered the pool of the express entry system my score is 478 . i had some confusion of the funds.
can shares be treated as funds or only fd or cash... also can PF(provident fund) can also be treated as a fund as it would be credited to us on account of us leaving the job...please explain

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
pankush gupta said:
Hi,
i have just entered the pool of the express entry system my score is 478 . i had some confusion of the funds.
can shares be treated as funds or only fd or cash... also can PF(provident fund) can also be treated as a fund as it would be credited to us on account of us leaving the job...please explain
PF is not a guarantee that you will receive after leaving job. It may gets deduction if you have requested for a loan from a company or unable to serve notice period. On accrual basis this money belongs to you and will be credited to your account. Unfortunately cic consider pof on cash basis, investments do fall as part of pof because the amount can be readily available or liquidate at any stage when required but you cannot liquidate pf.

Make sense?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pankush gupta said:
Hi,
Anything in the bank is fine. Shares and provident fund won't work as POF.

areva

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
I want to know is it possible to evaluate my real estate and show it as proof of funds? Thanks in advance for answer.

kosiry

Aug 10, 2015
Hello!!
We recieved ITA and trying to fill up application now. The biggest issue is proof of funds. My husband is main applicant and we have to submit his bank account statement as POF but the problem is that we usually are using his salary to pay for all the bills and use my bank account as savings account. So what we have now is around 3000 CAD on my husbands account and more than enough money on my personal account. Would it be a problem? Can we submit my bank account statement as POF? Or should i transfer the money to my husbands account? Won't it be suspicious where all that money came from? Did anyone face any similar situation? We would really really appreciated some guidance or advice at the moment!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
areva said:
I want to know is it possible to evaluate my real estate and show it as proof of funds? Thanks in advance for answer.
Unfortunately, No. CIC asks for cash in the bank as POF.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Are fixed deposits with bank also counted towards proof of funds ?

I have almost 50000$ fixed deposits in national bank of pakistan and they can be cashed anytime i want.

Can you please confirm if i can use them to prove my funds amount ?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafzy said:
Are fixed deposits with bank also counted towards proof of funds ?

I have almost 50000$ fixed deposits in national bank of pakistan and they can be cashed anytime i want.

Can you please confirm if i can use them to prove my funds amount ?

Thanks
You can use this as POF.