London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
yeah the only difference between CEC & FSW eligibility is the proof of funds. (Actually ECA is required for FSW, but optional for CEC but considering everyone is doing it to bump up points I'm discounting it).
The EE application is generic, it asks everyone the same questions to determine which route you're eligible for. There's no minimum for CEC so if you don't have the $12,000 just put in what you have. If you do have it, you'll be eligible for FSW too.
That pretty much sums up my thinking :)

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
purplesnow said:
yeah the only difference between CEC & FSW eligibility is the proof of funds. (Actually ECA is required for FSW, but optional for CEC but considering everyone is doing it to bump up points I'm discounting it).
The EE application is generic, it asks everyone the same questions to determine which route you're eligible for. There's no minimum for CEC so if you don't have the $12,000 just put in what you have. If you do have it, you'll be eligible for FSW too.
No, I am in Canada with my spouse and daughter and I don't have almost 20k on my accout. (I showh just small amout in my profile) My profile shows I met requirements for FSW and CEC

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MONKUCHA said:
No, I am in Canada with my spouse and daughter and I don't have almost 20k on my accout. (I showh just small amout in my profile) My profile shows I met requirements for FSW and CEC
Do you have an LMIA? Because if you do the proof of funds doesn't apply to you.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
When you are working in Canada with a full time job and the question in EE profile for proof of funds, you intend to put your annual salary and I have read on this forun somewhere that is correct thing to do ..

So having said that, you will qualify for FSW and CEC both ..so it sure thing should not be liquid assets only ..as per my understanding. ..

Please correct me if I have mis understood..

Thanks,
Aarti

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no because if you get ITA you need to provide your bank statements showing the amount you declared in your proof of funds.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
purplesnow said:
no because if you get ITA you need to provide your bank statements showing the amount you declared in your proof of funds.
I cannot show liquid assets in my bank account worth my annual salary for sure!!!!

Regards,
Aarti

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
purplesnow said:
Do you have an LMIA? Because if you do the proof of funds doesn't apply to you.
No I dont have LMIA but I am working in Canada and as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

- you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
- you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I intend to do is, to address POF, in addition to my bank statements (which show a very small amount) I will also attach an offer letter from my supervisor, which confirms that my contract will be extended for at least another year at the end of my current contract (October 2015). The letter will also state the proposed annual salary. This, in essence, will be way more than what CIC is asking for.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Auone said:
What I intend to do is, to address POF, in addition to my bank statements (which show a very small amount) I will also attach an offer letter from my supervisor, which confirms that my contract will be extended for at least another year at the end of my current contract (October 2015). The letter will also state the proposed annual salary. This, in essence, will be way more than what CIC is asking for.
You got invited for FSW?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MONKUCHA said:
No I dont have LMIA but I am working in Canada and as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

- you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
- you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
yeah? you need to be currently working or authorized to work AND have a valid offer of employment. For EE the only valid job offer is one that comes with an LMIA. Or maybe PNP?
Otherwise I don't know what you did with that.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aarti21 said:
You got invited for FSW?
Lols, no I dont have ITA yet. But my score without job will be around 499, so im hoping I will get invitations once the non-LMIA holders start getting ITA.

And I qualify only for CEC.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
purplesnow said:
yeah? you need to be currently working or authorized to work AND have a valid offer of employment. For EE the only valid job offer is one that comes with an LMIA. Or maybe PNP?
Otherwise I don't know what you did with that.
I guess some of people here are confused with JOB OFFER AND JOB OFFER with LMIA
You can say in EE that you have job offer. Next they ask more questions, like is the offer supported by LMIA or so....
I think most of you (working in Canada w/o LMIA) ansvered NO in that question instead YEs, But NO LMIA

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
True that, Job Offer of atleast one year = YES; LMIA Supported = No; and then there were just some questions which basically confirmed that I have an LMIA exempt closed work permit.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MONKUCHA said:
I guess some of people here are confused with JOB OFFER AND JOB OFFER with LMIA
You can say in EE that you have job offer. Next they ask more questions, like is the offer supported by LMIA or so....
I think most of you (working in Canada w/o LMIA) ansvered NO in that question instead YEs, But NO LMIA
yeah that's all fine but we're talking about the fund requirement for FSW. The only way you don't need to provide the proof of funds for FSW is if you have a valid job offer. if you click the link on valid job offer on the page about FSW eligibility it brings you here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp
Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class

A valid job offer has to be:
•for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
•for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
•skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

and either:
a.the employer making you the job offer must have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada OR
b.you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and
•you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
•you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
•your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident.

In other words, your job offer is valid, whether you are working in Canada or not, if your current or prospective employer:
•has made an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you are accepted as a permanent resident, and
•has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC.

The only time the employer making you the offer does not need to get a new LMIA is when you are already working for them with a work permit that is based on an LMIA.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
Auone said:
True that, Job Offer of atleast one year = YES; LMIA Supported = No; and then there were just some questions which basically confirmed that I have an LMIA exempt closed work permit.
I did the same. I was told by immigration consultant to do it. You won't get 600 points tho