+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - Help!

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
MONKUCHA said:
I did the same. I was told by immigration consultant to do it. You won't get 600 points tho

does you get ANY points for this combination, and does it helps you in getting ITA?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Auone said:
True that, Job Offer of atleast one year = YES; LMIA Supported = No; and then there were just some questions which basically confirmed that I have an LMIA exempt closed work permit.
runaway982 said:
does you get ANY points for this combination, and does it helps you in getting ITA?
I did the same thing. No 600 points, but 40 points for Canadian experiences

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:
Yeah I read that guy's post, and I think he qualified for both because he entered high-enough funds.

I for example, didn't have that much funds, and my EE profile shows I qualify only for CEC
Okay thanks for the reply! Looks like the general consensus is that a minimum POF is still not required for CEC. I want to call CIC at some point and confirm - I'll let you guys know the response here. CIC should really make it clear though. I understand they are still updating their documents and checklists but things like this should be clearly communicated when launching EE.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fitztorious said:
Okay thanks for the reply! Looks like the general consensus is that a minimum POF is still not required for CEC. I want to call CIC at some point and confirm - I'll let you guys know the response here. CIC should really make it clear though. I understand they are still updating their documents and checklists but things like this should be clearly communicated when launching EE.
Agreed. Please do let us know whatever they say, although I highly doubt the Call Center guys will know anything about it........I get the feeling the moment someone asks them something related to EE, it scares the bejesus out of them :p

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks..

seems like this topic remains unanswered completely. So what is the correct answer for the question

- For EE FSW, proof of fund is a must (mention in EE profile that you meet minimum requirement and submit proof documents after the ITA)
- For EE CEC, proof of fund is not mandatory (only mention in EE profile but there is no minimum requirement)

I`m hoping everyone can focus in this topic and give firm answer so people dont get confused when they read this thread

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
I agree, In my EE profile I put $0 as available funds. Got ITA under CEC and the system is NOT asking me to submit any bank statements.
I should be OK since I am working in Canada and can sustain myself and family here.
I suspect that if I had put even $1 in the profile then the system will ask me for bank statements.

I just wanted to save myself some time and not have to go to my 2 banks to get those statements.

Hope this helps everyone.

Hhh466

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another question on POF. Does it matter if funds on letter from the bank are less than what you stated but still above the minimum required? Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hhh466 said:
Another question on POF. Does it matter if funds on letter from the bank are less than what you stated but still above the minimum required? Thanks.
If they are above the minimum required amount, that would still be fine. You should consider editing the funds available field in your post ITA profile to match the bank amount.

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hansdza said:
Hey folks..

seems like this topic remains unanswered completely. So what is the correct answer for the question

- For EE FSW, proof of fund is a must (mention in EE profile that you meet minimum requirement and submit proof documents after the ITA)
- For EE CEC, proof of fund is not mandatory (only mention in EE profile but there is no minimum requirement)

I`m hoping everyone can focus in this topic and give firm answer so people dont get confused when they read this thread
If anyone's still interested; I applied through CEC and got my PPR today. I claimed only 2000CAD as POF. Post-ITA I had to prove these 2000CAD only. I don't have LMIA (PWP holder). I don't even have a FT job currently. So, POF not mandatory for CEC.

Hhh466

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does it matter if my current balance is above my average which is above the minimum? Should I withdraw funds to drop the current balance closer to the average before getting the letter printed from the bank?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hhh466 said:
Does it matter if my current balance is above my average which is above the minimum? Should I withdraw funds to drop the current balance closer to the average before getting the letter printed from the bank?
It doesn't matter, get the letter as-it-stands. CIC is keen on knowing just 2 things - do you have the money and does it belong to you. Period.

sweta1125

May 25, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
It doesn't matter, get the letter as-it-stands. CIC is keen on knowing just 2 things - do you have the money and does it belong to you. Period.
Hi
Regarding proof of funds, I got a statement from my bank in India, which states the current bal. as well as FD(Fixed deposits/Time deposits) amounts. However, to calculate the average balance the bank used the balances only in the Savings account and did not include my FD balances. Thus my average balance for the last 6 months is very low.
1)Will this create a problem?
2)Has anybody faced similar kind of issue?
3) How can I work around it?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweta1125 said:
Hi
Regarding proof of funds, I got a statement from my bank in India, which states the current bal. as well as FD(Fixed deposits/Time deposits) amounts. However, to calculate the average balance the bank used the balances only in the Savings account and did not include my FD balances. Thus my average balance for the last 6 months is very low.
1)Will this create a problem?

Probably yes. CIC will expect you to explain that difference.

2)Has anybody faced similar kind of issue?
3) How can I work around it?

Use an LOE to explain this further. Provide evidences where possible to prove that these monies belong to you. Valid evidences would include pay stubs, tax assessment forms, declaration letter from donor if you've received a gift etc.

sweta1125

May 25, 2015
Thanks Asivad Anac.

If I include a LOE along with last 6 months bank statements (it shows both my Savings bal. as well as FD bal.) will it work?