+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

jamilnasir

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Guys, I need a suggestion:

I have two options to prove funds.
  1. Provident Funds: My wife and I have enough amount as provident fund saved with our respective companies. Those certificates will be enough if CIC accepts.
  2. Bank Statements: We also have enough funds available in our bank accounts, when combined. The only catch is that my brother transferred a big chunk into my account three months ago, which can raise a red flag. Although that amount is part of my inheritance, however, it'll be complicated to prove that to the CIC. That's why I'm more inclined towards the first option.
Which of the two do you guys find more suitable in this scenario?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Guys, I need a suggestion:

I have two options to prove funds.
  1. Provident Funds: My wife and I have enough amount as provident fund saved with our respective companies. Those certificates will be enough if CIC accepts.
  2. Bank Statements: We also have enough funds available in our bank accounts, when combined. The only catch is that my brother transferred a big chunk into my account three months ago, which can raise a red flag. Although that amount is part of my inheritance, however, it'll be complicated to prove that to the CIC. That's why I'm more inclined towards the first option.
Which of the two do you guys find more suitable in this scenario?
The 1st One- have you liquidated those funds?

fhaq

Jun 2, 2017
Interesting query and I had the same one- prepare a gift deed indicating this 40% of funds you’re alluding to, with signatures from your father and yourself and also get it notarised. Have a line in the gift deed that states your father transferred the money to you via cheque transfer(don’t bother mentioning specifics). This should be just fine.
Ok thanks - So no need to mention cheque number/account number etc? just mention that i received the cheque from my father. Should I accompany it with an LOE? and also skip the details in LOE?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Ok thanks - So no need to mention cheque number/account number etc? just mention that i received the cheque from my father. Should I accompany it with an LOE? and also skip the details in LOE?
On the LOE, mention Proof of Funds along with the other items you intend to mention (Education/PCC etc)- just say that you this much funds, and also attached is a bank statement (past 6 months) along with a gift deed.

Reactions: fhaq

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
A PR Visa means the applicant has recourse to public funds, and can claim social benefits. It’s not like other visas where they really scrutinise your application to ensure you satisfy the conditions of the visa- like studies/tourism etc.
I think we can't be certain about the level of scrutiny done by CIC. it may vary case to case.
Thanks for the information btw

fhaq

Jun 2, 2017
On the LOE, mention Proof of Funds along with the other items you intend to mention (Education/PCC etc)- just say that you this much funds, and also attached is a bank statement (past 6 months) along with a gift deed.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Shrey24

Sep 4, 2017
New Delhi India
Dear friends,

Request you to pls. provide a format for the letter to be taken from the bank for proof of funds.

Also pls. advice do we need to attach bank statements for last 6 months or 1 year as a proof for the same.

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Dear friends,

Request you to pls. provide a format for the letter to be taken from the bank for proof of funds.

Also pls. advice do we need to attach bank statements for last 6 months or 1 year as a proof for the same.
There is no specific format. It must have the below contents:

• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account:
    • account numbers
    • the date each account was opened
    • the current balance of each account
    • the average balance for the past six months

6 months bank statement is enough

Reactions: Shrey24 and Jakev

Shrey24

Sep 4, 2017
New Delhi India
Thanks !!
I would be giving details of one savings accounts which fulfils the requirement towards the required funds.
Also pls. advice if the balance is required to be mentioned for each month in the letter and if the bank doesn't mention any debts/loans in the letter since there are no loans/debts with the bank?

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
There is no specific format. It must have the below contents:

• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account:
    • account numbers
    • the date each account was opened
    • the current balance of each account
    • the average balance for the past six months

6 months bank statement is enough

Again Disturbing you.

As my wife is main applicant. She has three accounts one is dormant account for more than two years. One is recent account which is in use since 2007 and other is in other bank which is only used for locker purposes. Funds are in that account which is in use since 2007.

Do I have to show other accounts too?

Regards

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Dear friends,

Every bank has its own specific format. Take CIC format with you and ask your bank to make letter according to this. Most banks say that we don't give this information on one letter (One is called Account maintenance certificate and second is Balance certificate). Ask them to make one they will make it one, if you request them. Average balance is not shown on the letter, in this scenario you can attach bank statement for the last six months.