+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

fhaq

Jun 2, 2017
I think thats mainly for online transfers where the bank account and sender's account is appearing in the bank statement. you can amend the wordings but dont mention the cheque number as it will be a flase statement if you say your father transfered through that cheque.

Do you have sufficient documents for the other option ? like shop ownership and the Name of that very person in the sale agreement who has signed the cheque ?
Will need to check but i doubt that i would have all those documents. Can i just make a Gift deed stating that i received the cheque from my father and maybe explain in the LOE that the cheque came from one of his business transaction directly submitted in my account and not mention the sale of the shop or anything.

Also would like to add this around 35% of the required fund, rest was already in my account as part of my savings.

fhaq

Jun 2, 2017
Please don't get paranoid- Rejections as a result of POF is very rare, and only happens if the amount is less than what they specified. All they need to know is whether we possess the requisite funds to get about in the initial 6 months.
Hi Jakev, any suggestions from your side regarding my query?

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
My six months statements and certified translations, epf, India statement etc, was around 80 pages.
I have 4 credit cards and I am using two.

I couldnt fit everything in size available. So Include 1 month statement/translation of mexico, india statement and certificate and epf letter.

But they accepted it. Make sure your docs are clear and simple.

I cant say much.
six months statement for credit card is not required. only the as of Liability is required. I submitted only a one page liability letter for my credit cards.

As for your case, its good that they accepted. But I think one should not take a risk.
Just my thoughts.

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Please don't get paranoid- Rejections as a result of POF is very rare, and only happens if the amount is less than what they specified. All they need to know is whether we possess the requisite funds to get about in the initial 6 months.
I think the requirements are pretty clear. Sudden transfer of money is definitely questionable same like when proving POF for any other immigration or Visa purposes.
The ways to prove the ownership is obviously a gray area and depends on how the visa officer treats it.

But I agree with you if every thing is well explained with supports. chances of rejection are very low.

jamilnasir

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
I downloaded it from my company portal, It has company address and other details. And asked my HR to stamp on it.
By details you mean available fund, right? Any other specific details? Actually, my company doesn't have a portal, In fact, they've asked me to give a format which is why I'm looking for the specific details. I hope i don't have to add company's bank account information in that letter because they outright refused to mention that.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Thats very strange. If that's the case then one can easily take a loan from one bank account and keep it in another and does not disclose the loan at all.
Have a gift deed and that bypasses the 6 months requirement. They're not steadfast on this.

fhaq

Jun 2, 2017
Sorry I may have missed your query- can I request you to please state it here again, if possible?
Reposting:
Hi All,

I recently got my ITA and have arranged the required fund by receiving a cheque (40% of the required fund) from my father.

The problem is that the cheque didn't come directly from his account but came from a third party, to whom my father recently sold his shop. Now i have submitted the cheque in my account but not sure how to proof that this money actually belonged to my father. I can make the gift deed but it won't have my fathers account detail etc.

Can anybody please help here? Should i just withdraw and apply a few months later with the fund already in my account? :(

Thanks

Faizan.

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
By details you mean available fund, right? Any other specific details? Actually, my company doesn't have a portal, In fact, they've asked me to give a format which is why I'm looking for the specific details. I hope i don't have to add company's bank account information in that letter because they outright refused to mention that.
I think it can be a one liner in the experience letter confirming your PF balance at a particular date.

shekh ramzan

Nov 22, 2017
Hi, I have working experience of 3 years as a Financial Accountant in a firm in Lahore, Pakistan. My salary is not taxable. I get salary in cash. It is not transferred to my Bank Account. I can provide salary slips and experience letter of my firm. Is that sufficient to satisfy the Embassy regarding work experience?

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi, I have working experience of 3 years as a Financial Accountant in a firm in Lahore, Pakistan. My salary is not taxable. I get salary in cash. It is not transferred to my Bank Account. I can provide salary slips and experience letter of my firm. Is that sufficient to satisfy the Embassy regarding work experience?
Yes, but you should provide the experience letter with the prescribed details like date of joining, number of hours per week, roles and responsibilities etc.
Make sure that the roles and responsibilities match to your NOC requirements.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Reposting:
Hi All,

I recently got my ITA and have arranged the required fund by receiving a cheque (40% of the required fund) from my father.

The problem is that the cheque didn't come directly from his account but came from a third party, to whom my father recently sold his shop. Now i have submitted the cheque in my account but not sure how to proof that this money actually belonged to my father. I can make the gift deed but it won't have my fathers account detail etc.

Can anybody please help here? Should i just withdraw and apply a few months later with the fund already in my account? :(

Thanks

Faizan.
Interesting query and I had the same one- prepare a gift deed indicating this 40% of funds you’re alluding to, with signatures from your father and yourself and also get it notarised. Have a line in the gift deed that states your father transferred the money to you via cheque transfer(don’t bother mentioning specifics). This should be just fine.

Reactions: fhaq

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
More than sufficient. Pay stubs are not a mandatory requirement. However, please brace yourself to furnish other pieces of evidence like Income Tax Filing returns/copy of your ID card/awards or recognitions etc. Let them come back and ask you for this.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I think the requirements are pretty clear. Sudden transfer of money is definitely questionable same like when proving POF for any other immigration or Visa purposes.
The ways to prove the ownership is obviously a gray area and depends on how the visa officer treats it.

But I agree with you if every thing is well explained with supports. chances of rejection are very low.
A PR Visa means the applicant has recourse to public funds, and can claim social benefits. It’s not like other visas where they really scrutinise your application to ensure you satisfy the conditions of the visa- like studies/tourism etc.