+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
I have two credit cards. Both have outstanding balances. But I wont use those banks for my POF. I have enough balances in different Banks to show as POF.

Do I still need to show my credit card statements? Will CIC find out if I dont declare?

If I show the credit card balances my POF will not be enough. What shall I do?

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
I have two credit cards. Both have outstanding balances. But I wont use those banks for my POF. I have enough balances in different Banks to show as POF.

Do I still need to show my credit card statements? Will CIC find out if I dont declare?

If I show the credit card balances my POF will not be enough. What shall I do?
You have to disclose all your liabilities. Hiding them is not a good idea.

Whether they 'Can' find out: Yes, easily if they check central credit records for master and visa.
Whether They 'Will' : that depends if they want to go for it or not.

I wont recommend hiding at all. better delay your submission within 90 days and arrange some funds to settle the credit card bill and then submit a liability letter with zero or less amount of liability which even if they deduct from your balance will not affect your minimum POF requirement.

Reactions: akila868

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
The bank is not providing it. They are issuing me a letter with everything but this
Thats wierd why they are refusing it .. if u have any other letter which was given to you at the time of opening of account , use that otherwise explain this in LoE

Last edited:

rao_hamza

Mar 5, 2017
My wife has the required amount to be shown as POF in her account for more than 2 years now, am I suppose to get a notorised affidavit from her giving full consent to the use of the funds for immigration purposes?

She is also part of my application and will be coming along once we get visa grant.

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
My wife has the required amount to be shown as POF in her account for more than 2 years now, am I suppose to get a notorised affidavit from her giving full consent to the use of the funds for immigration purposes?

She is also part of my application and will be coming along once we get visa grant.
For accompanied spouse, a simple NOC signed by her would be enough .. no need for notarised. However make sure you disclose all your liabilities and also check that her savings less ur liabilities are higher than the minimum funds required

rao_hamza

Mar 5, 2017
For accompanied spouse, a simple NOC signed by her would be enough .. no need for notarised. However make sure you disclose all your liabilities and also check that her savings less ur liabilities are higher than the minimum funds required
thanks for the reply, but i didn't fully understand, what you mean by liabilities? Are you saying that i should inform them about all of my and my spouse bank accounts / credit cards?

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
thanks for the reply, but i didn't fully understand, what you mean by liabilities? Are you saying that i should inform them about all of my and my spouse bank accounts / credit cards?
YOu dont have to disclose your loans and Credit card details.

Make sure the POF money is yours and is readily available to you(Bal in Savings acc or FD, EPF-India etc..)

Reactions: rao_hamza

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hello all

As my wife is main applicant. She has three accounts one is dormant account for more than two years. One is recent account which is in use since 2007 and other is in other bank which is only used for locker purposes. Funds are in that account which is in use since 2007.

Do I have to show other accounts too?

Regards

jamilnasir

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me what documents would be required in order to use prove funds through provident funds certificate?

Thanks

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
YOu dont have to disclose your loans and Credit card details.

Make sure the POF money is yours and is readily available to you(Bal in Savings acc or FD, EPF-India etc..)
Are you sure about this ?
CIC website says you MUST list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans