+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

jamilnasir

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Again Disturbing you.

As my wife is main applicant. She has three accounts one is dormant account for more than two years. One is recent account which is in use since 2007 and other is in other bank which is only used for locker purposes. Funds are in that account which is in use since 2007.

Do I have to show other accounts too?

Regards
I don't think you need to add any bank account that doesn't show any significant information about your financial situation.

Reactions: Hasan Raza Awan

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Again Disturbing you.

As my wife is main applicant. She has three accounts one is dormant account for more than two years. One is recent account which is in use since 2007 and other is in other bank which is only used for locker purposes. Funds are in that account which is in use since 2007.

Do I have to show other accounts too?

Regards
you dont need to show accounts in other banks which are either dormant or does not have significant activity

Reactions: Hasan Raza Awan

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Thanks !!
I would be giving details of one savings accounts which fulfils the requirement towards the required funds.
Also pls. advice if the balance is required to be mentioned for each month in the letter and if the bank doesn't mention any debts/loans in the letter since there are no loans/debts with the bank?
The Bank will most likely give you balance only on the date of the letter. for past six months, you have to submit bank statement duly stamped by the bank.

If you dont have any loan/debt with the bank than the Bank should give you a 'No Liability letter'. But you need to submit liability letter for your credit cards.

elvin_91

Nov 23, 2017
Azerbaijan
Hello guys. I need an expert view on my situation. I have a fixed deposit of 10 000 USD (will be able to provide last 6 months history/average) which is not enough for two applicants. Thus i am planning to open a new account in which i will have apprx. 4 000 USD (since it is new will not be able to show 6 month average). In the end, together it is more than enough for 2 persons.

1. However can it be a problem to not be able to provide 6 months average for second bank account?
2. If yes, what do you recommend? should i document it as a gift from parents? Do they ask for 6 month average in this case also?

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hello guys. I need an expert view on my situation. I have a fixed deposit of 10 000 USD (will be able to provide last 6 months history/average) which is not enough for two applicants. Thus i am planning to open a new account in which i will have apprx. 4 000 USD (since it is new will not be able to show 6 month average). In the end, together it is more than enough for 2 persons.

1. However can it be a problem to not be able to provide 6 months average for second bank account?
2. If yes, what do you recommend? should i document it as a gift from parents? Do they ask for 6 month average in this case also?
Can you enhance your deposit or not? If yes than deposit remaining amount the account.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi - i am providing proofs for two banks, but both have their set of issues

bank A - I have a bank letter which is almost two months old i.e. Issued in September? I can add bank statements for the past six months but they would have been online downloads, would not have any sign or anything. Also these are savings/fixed accounts so there is not a lot of movement in these accounts
Would these cause any issues?

Bank B - they have agreed to give me a standing letter with my current balance on my savings account. but they are refusing to furnish any details of my outstanding personal loan (expiring 2019). is this a mandatory detail? what else can i give as proof for loan?

also neither of my two bank letters are mentioning average balance

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi - i am providing proofs for two banks, but both have their set of issues

bank A - I have a bank letter which is almost two months old i.e. Issued in September? I can add bank statements for the past six months but they would have been online downloads, would not have any sign or anything. Also these are savings/fixed accounts so there is not a lot of movement in these accounts
Would these cause any issues?

Bank B - they have agreed to give me a standing letter with my current balance on my savings account. but they are refusing to furnish any details of my outstanding personal loan (expiring 2019). is this a mandatory detail? what else can i give as proof for loan?

also neither of my two bank letters are mentioning average balance
Bank A: Ask your bank to provide your new letter. If you have actual amount than online downloaded statemnt doesn't matter (In my opinion) beacuse they are taken from your online bank account system. And i think at the end of every page of statement it written" it is computer generated which does not require any signatures". If it is like that than go ahead.

Bank B: Loan detail is mandatory if you have any loan. Every bank issue a letter to its customer which is called Loan Certificate/Loan Clearance Certificate etc.

jamilnasir

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Reactions: rao_hamza

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Yes i can (in FD with some penalties account holder can draw his money anytime)
If penalty is minor amount than Okay. Now only one option is left that you open a new account deposit your money which you want to borrow from your father in that account. Obtain a gift deed and explain everything in LOE.. There is no option left.
Seniors may endorse me or deny me if have any other option.

Reactions: elvin_91