+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi. May I ask if I could submit 6 month copies of passbook instead of bank statement? My bank doesn't issue bank statement for those accounts with passbook. The bank manager will authenticate the 6 month passbook photocopies.

I already have a bank certificate with ADB past 6 months. Im having a hard time getting a bank statement. Thank you
Bank Statement is not specifically required.
If you can prove last six months average balance through passbook that that's sufficient.

However better to explain this in LoE.

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hello All.
Need your kind help.

My brother is Permanent Resident of Canada. He got this status few months back. After getting PR he came back. Two weeks back he again went to Canada, I claimed his points too in my EE application. I need the following documents:

"1) Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling (required)

2) Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required)"

For No 1. I have his PR card as Proof of PR.

But for No 2. He is living with some of his friends/family friends in Canada so he neither have proof of residence under his name nor any utility bill, so what should I put here as Proof? Will his bank statement be enough for this purpose?.

Urgent reply will be appreciated by any member

Last edited:

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hello All.
Need you kind help.

My brother is Permanent Resident of Canada. He got this status few months back. After getting PR he came back. Two weeks back he again went to Canada, I claimed his points too in my EE application. I need the following documents:

"1) Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling (required)

2) Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required)"

For No 1. I have his PR card as Proof of PR.

But for No 2. He is living with some of his friends/family friends in Canada so he neither have proof of residence under his name nor any utility bill, so what should I put here as Proof? Will his bank statement be enough for this purpose?.

Urgent reply will be appreciated by any member
The best support is obviously the utility bill. But in your case, you can attach his bank account details, Health card, PR card etc.
Is he doing job ? If yes then his employment card/letter will also benefit.

Attach whatever you have and then explain this fully in your LoE. I am not sure how visa officer will look at it.
If you remove your sibling points are you still above the minumum CRS in ur draw?

dont forget to attach supports to prove ur relation. for eg FRC .

Reactions: Hasan Raza Awan

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
The best support is obviously the utility bill. But in your case, you can attach his bank account details, Health card, PR card etc.
Is he doing job ? If yes then his employment card/letter will also benefit.

Attach whatever you have and then explain this fully in your LoE. I am not sure how visa officer will look at it.
If you remove your sibling points are you still above the minumum CRS in ur draw?

dont forget to attach supports to prove ur relation. for eg FRC .
NO he is not doing job right now.
Yes I am above the minimum CRS score of that draw in which i was shortlisted. I had 470 points and draw was stopped at 438. (5th October, 2017 Draw)
Yes I have FRC to prove the relations ship with him.

Thanks

Last edited:

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
NO he is not doing job right now.
Yes I am above the minimum CRS score of that draw in which i was shortlisted.
Yes I have FRC to prove the relations ship with him.

Thanks
In that case I think its difficult to prove if He is actually living in Canada. If without sibling points you are still above the minimum CRS per your draw. then you are safe to go.
attach whatever u have and then explain in LoE.

Reactions: Hasan Raza Awan

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Hi, One question please, can I submit proof of funds through my shares in stock exchange (not physical) online in my name with a financial institute.
Thanks.

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
In that case I think its difficult to prove if He is actually living in Canada. If without sibling points you are still above the minimum CRS per your draw. then you are safe to go.
attach whatever u have and then explain in LoE.
Yes I am above. I have 470 points in total, without sibling points it's 455 and draw was concluded at 438. 5th October, 2017 Draw

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Shares or other such equity are not acceptable as proof of funds.
Thanks for the answer. By the way this is fact or what you think it might me ?

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for the answer. By the way this is fact or what you think it might me ?
Its not specifically written but CIC says funds must be readily available to you.

Based on my and other people experiences, Shares due to their volatile nature are not acceptable as the value will fluctuate.
However any FD or other such fixed investment are acceptable.

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Its not specifically written but CIC says funds must be readily available to you.

Based on my and other people experiences, Shares due to their volatile nature are not acceptable as the value will fluctuate.
However any FD or other such fixed investment are acceptable.
thanks you.