+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Phunkdified

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Guys,
No one ever i came across in the recent past (1year) was questioned about the source of money in bank statements. Me as a example, deposited 15k canadian dollar worth as a cash deposit 20 days before i submitted the application.
Now i got my visa stamped and going to land in October, so stop worrying about the source of fund and look at the positive side of planning for life after PPR. :) :) :) :)

All the best !!!!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phunkdified said:
Guys,
No one ever i came across in the recent past (1year) was questioned about the source of money in bank statements. Me as a example, deposited 15k canadian dollar worth as a cash deposit 20 days before i submitted the application.
Now i got my visa stamped and going to land in October, so stop worrying about the source of fund and look at the positive side of planning for life after PPR. :) :) :) :)

All the best !!!!
Just because it worked for you, does not mean that it will work for everyone.
You shouldn't tell people to make decisions that may jeopardise their chance at PR when it's possible that you just got a nice VO.

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
kamy said:
Thanks Zanny, I'm half relieved hearing of some positive news. Did you provide any other document along with UAN Passbook to strengthen the evidence.
So i had provided a long letter of explanation for my PoF. I mentioned my employment details and that EPF is a contribution from my employer and me. I also mentioned EPF can be withdrawn when I quit the job to job to Canada. I had that online statement with UAN, my salary slip that has the UAN on it and I had self attested all the documents.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zanny said:
So i had provided a long letter of explanation for my PoF. I mentioned my employment details and that EPF is a contribution from my employer and me. I also mentioned EPF can be withdrawn when I quit the job to job to Canada. I had that online statement with UAN, my salary slip that has the UAN on it and I had self attested all the documents.
Thanks, +1 to you.

Also, regarding documents we have to submit, I believe we don't them to be notorized and a color scan would work. Kindly share your experience.

anirudhap

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zanny said:
1. Yes you can show EPF (not PPF) as proof of fund

2. NO you can't show mutual fund as proof of fund. The amount must be in your bank account or liquid. Considering the market fluctuations inherent to mutual funds, it is not considered as part of PoF. Sell those units and move the money to your account.
I think Mutual funds are accepted....If a province can accept MFs, then CIC must also accept.

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
kamy said:
Thanks, +1 to you.

Also, regarding documents we have to submit, I believe we don't them to be notorized and a color scan would work. Kindly share your experience.
No no. I had self attested everything. I think in case of translation to English only does one require notary to come in

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
anirudhap said:
I think Mutual funds are accepted....If a province can accept MFs, then CIC must also accept.
Although CIC website mentions securities and T-bills, it is a bit dicey. Reason why it can go against you is - When u reply to ITA, the MF can be valued at X amount. But when PPR is issued it might be X/2. The last thing you want is a rejection due to a technical error on MF valuation. It is always better to sell the units and move the money into your account. However, if you want to test your luck, it is up to you.

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
zanny said:
So, we don't have to visit the PF office and get certificate of current PF balance and balance statement authorized as mentioned here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-ac-statement-from-pf-office-india-t412640.0.html ?

If no need to go through this, that will be much easier.
So, much of uncertainty here on PF and MF stuff. Can we write to CIC or any other authority to confirm/clarify?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada2425 said:
So, we don't have to visit the PF office and get certificate of current PF balance and balance statement authorized as mentioned here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-ac-statement-from-pf-office-india-t412640.0.html ?

If no need to go through this, that will be much easier.
--Agree, that's straightfoward, PF office doesn't have a process for such kind of letter to be issued. It's completely based on what kind of a guy you meet at accounts section who handles your company's PF. In my case it didn't work but as per the post above, he was able to get it.

So, much of uncertainty here on PF and MF stuff. Can we write to CIC or any other authority to confirm/clarify?

-- I had asked Canada Visa office in Delhi regarding PF they simply redirected me to the cic links we already know of, you may also try your luck and share here.

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
Someone had asked this to CIC last year. The screenshot of it was posted in the forum. I don't have the original post but here is the screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BygmBX-ugQw-bnU5aW1mc2psUVU/view

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zanny said:
No no. I had self attested everything. I think in case of translation to English only does one require notary to come in
Hi Zanny-- I'm expected to get ITA in 7th Sep draw, can I go for Medicals and Police certificates before that date or there is any guideline that these should be done only after ITA?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
Hi Zanny-- I'm expected to get ITA in 7th Sep draw, can I go for Medicals and Police certificates before that date or there is any guideline that these should be done only after ITA?
You can do them at any time, but you need to be aware that your medical is only valid for 1 year, and your PCC for 6 months.
If that's fine for you, then go right ahead.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
You can do them at any time, but you need to be aware that your medical is only valid for 1 year, and your PCC for 6 months.
If that's fine for you, then go right ahead.
But anyway both of these are mandatory upfront before we file online application which I'm planning to do as soon as I get the invitation next week. Hope I'm not missing any other point here, please share if you know of any from your experience.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
But anyway both of these are mandatory upfront before we file online application which I'm planning to do as soon as I get the invitation next week. Hope I'm not missing any other point here, please share if you know of any from your experience.
That's correct.
And if you're sure that you will receive ITA in the next draw, and you're sure that you can land in Canada within 1 year from now, then there's nothing stopping you.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
That's correct.
And if you're sure that you will receive ITA in the next draw, and you're sure that you can land in Canada within 1 year from now, then there's nothing stopping you.
ok, I should take appointment for Medicals for kids as well, right? Would they do blood test for kids(4 and 6 years)?