+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Skvach said:
Guys, I have doubts regarding my PoF.

I kept my PoF in cash, it was a gift from my mother. Gift deed was signed October 2015

I opened a FD 2 weeks ago, deposited the cash the same day and got a bank statement the same day.

So now I have:
- Gift Deed (Oct 2015)
- Balance Certificate on bank letterhead (10 Aug 2016)
- Bank statement stamped by the bank (balance from 10 Aug 2016 to 10 Aug 2016)
- Letter of Explanation for the gift money

My bank statement does not show oppening date :(
but I can explain it in a LOE that is a new FD.

What do you think?
I'm worried about the date of my gift deed and the absence of oppening date on the bank statement.

OINP seems to be sutisfied with this PoF, but I am not sure about CIC :-[
do you mean the opening date of the FD in the bank statement ?
usually the FD comes with a tenure say 6 months and also the end date of the FD.
This should be self explanatory to anyone ( be it OINP or CIC ) to see the start date.
Hope this helped.

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patnikrishna said:
usually the FD comes with a tenure say 6 months and also the end date of the FD.
This should be self explanatory to anyone ( be it OINP or CIC ) to see the start date.
Hope this helped.
Ok, thanks for clarification.
It does not have an exact end date, but it is written that the deposit is for 1 year and can be revoked.

Guys, any idea about the gift deed?

eagleworld

May 15, 2016
[Hi,Thank you for your response,can you please tell me how i can justify my funds in account if they are not 6 months old,can you please tell me how and at what format i can use for Gift deed............ is there any specific gift deed specimen and how i can register that one with notary public also can you tell me at what stage i have to show this gift deed agreement as a proof of fund...........thanks]

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to get it notorized, usually a public notary has it's own from, you can just ask a notary - one should explain everything to you - that's was I did.

Use search for "Gift Deed" - I saw some formats of it on the forum.

You need it along with your bank statement as proof of funds after you get federal or provincial ITA.
I think a gift deed must be singed before you order a bank statement.

DW

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
24-08-2016
Hello experts!! Need your guidance.

Q 1. At the port of entry, how am I suppose to show proof of fund?

Q 2. I have heard that, if you are carrying more than 10K CAD you have to declare the said amount. So if I am carrying 2-3K cash and rest in some other form still I need to declare?

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DW said:
Q 2. I have heard that, if you are carrying more than 10K CAD you have to declare the said amount. So if I am carrying 2-3K cash and rest in some other form still I need to declare?
No, you don't .

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DW said:
Hello experts!! Need your guidance.

Q 1. At the port of entry, how am I suppose to show proof of fund?
An updated bank statement.

Yes, you do.
CIC's website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp) clearly states:
"Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than CAN$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized. These funds could be in the form of:
- cash,
- documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.), or
- documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders)."

eagleworld

May 15, 2016
Skvach

Ratings: +8
[Good] [Poor]

Category........: PNP

Re: Proof of Funds (Express Entry)
« Reply #900 on: August 26, 2016, 02:45:39 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: patnikrishna on August 26, 2016, 02:21:52 pm
Hope this helped.
Ok, thanks for clarification.
It does not have an exact end date, but it is written that the deposit is for 1 year and can be revoked.

Guys, any idea about the gift deed?
Report to moderator Logged
eagleworld

Ratings: +0

« Reply #901 on: August 28, 2016, 01:50:19 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
[Hi,Thank you for your response,can you please tell me how i can justify my funds in account if they are not 6 months old,can you please tell me how and at what format i can use for Gift deed............ is there any specific gift deed specimen and how i can register that one with notary public also can you tell me at what stage i have to show this gift deed agreement as a proof of fund...........thanks]
Report to moderator 209.18.102.248
Skvach

Ratings: +8
[Good] [Poor]

Category........: PNP

« Reply #902 on: August 28, 2016, 02:04:13 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
If you want to get it notorized, usually a public notary has it's own from, you can just ask a notary - one should explain everything to you - that's was I did.

Use search for "Gift Deed" - I saw some formats of it on the forum.

You need it along with your bank statement as proof of funds after you get federal or provincial ITA.
I think a gift deed must be singed before you order a bank statement.

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I have transferred the funding from chequing to my TFSA account. For proof of funding, If I submit my TFSA statement, will CIC accept it or not?

I heard from somebody in the past that they got problems when they had their fundings in GIC.

According to CIC, funds from which accounts are acceptable.

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this post is redundant for you all.

I have few queries regarding PoF. People from India having similar experiences are better placed to answer, others also pitch in :)

1. Can I represent Provident Fund Balance as PoF? I was not sure about this one but read today that it's valid as PoF.
Link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-ac-statement-from-pf-office-india-t412640.0.html
2. Can I use my mutual funds investments as PoF? I can use the statement provided by the broker/Mutual Fund account, will that suffice.

Thanks in advance.

anirudhap

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada2425 said:
Hi Guys,

I have few queries regarding PoF. People from India having similar experiences are better placed to answer, others also pitch in :)

1. Can I represent Provident Fund Balance as PoF? I was not sure about this one but read today that it's valid as PoF.
Link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-ac-statement-from-pf-office-india-t412640.0.html YES
2. Can I use my mutual funds investments as PoF? I can use the statement provided by the broker/Mutual Fund account, will that suffice. YES

Thanks in advance.

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
Canada2425 said:
Hi Guys,

Link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-ac-statement-from-pf-office-india-t412640.0.html
2. Can I use my mutual funds investments as PoF? I can use the statement provided by the broker/Mutual Fund account, will that suffice.

Thanks in advance.
1. Yes you can show EPF (not PPF) as proof of fund

2. NO you can't show mutual fund as proof of fund. The amount must be in your bank account or liquid. Considering the market fluctuations inherent to mutual funds, it is not considered as part of PoF. Sell those units and move the money to your account.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO FOLKS FROM INDIA--ANYBODY SUCCESSFULLY USED DOWNLOADABLE EPF PASSBOK AT CIC STAGE FOR PROOF OF FUNDS?

I have successfuly used UAN Passbook for SINP application as proof of funds. Is this Computer generated file accepted by CIC as valid POF, has anyone used it successfully and PR got approved. I tried at EPF Gurgaon office to get signed letterbut they refused to give any document for the same.

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
kamy said:
HELLO FOLKS FROM INDIA--ANYBODY SUCCESSFULLY USED DOWNLOADABLE EPF PASSBOK AT CIC STAGE FOR PROOF OF FUNDS?

I have successfuly used UAN Passbook for SINP application as proof of funds. Is this Computer generated file accepted by CIC as valid POF, has anyone used it successfully and PR got approved. I tried at EPF Gurgaon office to get signed letterbut they refused to give any document for the same.
Yes it works. I had used it for my PoF

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zanny said:
Yes it works. I had used it for my PoF
Thanks Zanny, I'm half relieved hearing of some positive news. Did you provide any other document along with UAN Passbook to strengthen the evidence.