+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
jetplane said:
Hi all
We have gathered proof of funds across our accounts and it is more than the minimum required. we require to show approx. 15000 and we have around 25000.
Now my question is this -
We have other financial commitments which will mean that we plan to set aside only 17000 for moving to Canada. So while filling the form should the amount entered in the funds column be equal to the proof or equal to the amount we plan to take to Canada?
Since you already have proof of funds for over and above the requirement for your family, there is nothing wrong in mentioning CAD 25,000. If you want to be on the safer side, you can mention CAD 17,000, but it does not matter to CIC as long as you meet the minimum requirement.

vks123

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jetplane said:
Hi all
We have gathered proof of funds across our accounts and it is more than the minimum required. we require to show approx. 15000 and we have around 25000.
Now my question is this -
We have other financial commitments which will mean that we plan to set aside only 17000 for moving to Canada. So while filling the form should the amount entered in the funds column be equal to the proof or equal to the amount we plan to take to Canada?
You can enter 17000, what you are planning to take.
Maintain this throughout the process.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Susheem said:
Hi...
POF from wife and husband individual accounts without NOC will work?
You need to submit a Self Declaration from your wife stating that she is a co-applicant in your PR application and the amount in her account shown as part of POF are to be used for migration purposes and she has no objection for the same.

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Guys I need some advise on my case.

1. At the time when i will be submitting application to CIC, my funds of $15000 will be old about 5 months and 20 days. I got this funds from my mother for the purpose of immigrating to Canada and maintained throughout the whole process. Should I go with just a bank letter and six months balance or get a gift deed and proving the origin of the money?
2. In my other bank account I have a bank loan which I need to pay it for two more years. Could this be a problem for CIC and do I have to show this account as well?

If anybody have similar experience I appreciate your help

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Darko986 said:
Guys I need some advise on my case.

1. At the time when i will be submitting application to CIC, my funds of $15000 will be old about 5 months and 20 days. I got this funds from my mother for the purpose of immigrating to Canada and maintained throughout the whole process. Should I go with just a bank letter and six months balance or get a gift deed and proving the origin of the money?
2. In my other bank account I have a bank loan which I need to pay it for two more years. Could this be a problem for CIC and do I have to show this account as well?

If anybody have similar experience I appreciate your help
1. Submit the following for the first account
- Gift Deed
- Balance Certificate on bank letterhead
- Last 6 months' bank statements stamped by the bank
- Letter of Explanation for the gift money

2. If the fisrt account helps you meet the fund requirement, you need not show the second account details.

anirudhap

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
You need to submit a Self Declaration from your wife stating that she is a co-applicant in your PR application and the amount in her account shown as part of POF are to be used for migration purposes and she has no objection for the same.
hey Stanlee...any format for self declaration you came across...share if available?

anirudhap

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
1. Submit the following for the first account
- Gift Deed
- Balance Certificate on bank letterhead
- Last 6 months' bank statements stamped by the bank

2. If the fisrt account helps you meet the fund requirement, you need not show the second account details.
if we are providing a gift deed....then why we need letter of explanation?

redlar

Aug 24, 2016
RABAT
Category........
Visa Office......
RABAT
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI everyone
I am actually facing a problem regarding this proof of funds (I don't have enough money on my accounts). However, I have a departure package with the company that I work for. My boss is ready to give me a paper confirming that if I leave the company, I will get a great package (3 times the minimum required).
Do you think that it's enough as proof of Funds?

Thanks in advance for your answers

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
redlar said:
HI everyone
I am actually facing a problem regarding this proof of funds (I don't have enough money on my accounts). However, I have a departure package with the company that I work for. My boss is ready to give me a paper confirming that if I leave the company, I will get a great package (3 times the minimum required).
Do you think that it's enough as proof of Funds?

Thanks in advance for your answers
I guess it depends on visa officer. But I'd be better if you left and got the money first.

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
Is it necessary to keep the amount of money in the account exactly same throughout the process?

vks123

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RG_Ind said:
Is it necessary to keep the amount of money in the account exactly same throughout the process?
Yes, if it is SINP, don't take any chance.They are very strict on fund.
Others category,I don't know.I have seen cases where they have asked for statement at the verge of PPR release.
I would suggest keep it safely till PPR.

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I have doubts regarding my PoF.

I kept my PoF in cash, it was a gift from my mother. Gift deed was signed October 2015

I opened a FD 2 weeks ago, deposited the cash the same day and got a bank statement the same day.

So now I have:
- Gift Deed (Oct 2015)
- Balance Certificate on bank letterhead (10 Aug 2016)
- Bank statement stamped by the bank (balance from 10 Aug 2016 to 10 Aug 2016)

My bank statement does not show oppening date :(
but I can explain it in a LOE that is a new FD.

What do you think?
I'm worried about the date of my gift deed and the absence of oppening date on the bank statement.

OINP seems to be sutisfied with this PoF, but I am not sure about CIC :-[