Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
ok, I should take appointment for Medicals for kids as well, right? Would they do blood test for kids(4 and 6 years)?
Yes, your kids will need to have medicals done at the same time.
I'm not sure about the blood tests; sorry.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zanny said:
No no. I had self attested everything. I think in case of translation to English only does one require notary to come in
Should I take colour or black/white print on which self attestation should be done?

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
kamy said:
Hi Zanny-- I'm expected to get ITA in 7th Sep draw, can I go for Medicals and Police certificates before that date or there is any guideline that these should be done only after ITA?
I would wait for the ITA before going for the medicals. The ITA number is the reference number and when your file is processed they pull the medical records using that number. Hold on medicals.

Police verifications yes, pls go ahead. Will make life easier post the ITA

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
kamy said:
Should I take colour or black/white print on which self attestation should be done?
I had taken a b/w print and it had worked.

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
Phunkdified said:
Guys,
No one ever i came across in the recent past (1year) was questioned about the source of money in bank statements. Me as a example, deposited 15k canadian dollar worth as a cash deposit 20 days before i submitted the application.
Now i got my visa stamped and going to land in October, so stop worrying about the source of fund and look at the positive side of planning for life after PPR. :) :) :) :)

All the best !!!!
I won't do that without a letter of explanation. I had moved money from my wife's account (she was co-applicant) and I got a LoE made for this transfer of money.

The last thing you want in times of high cut-offs is a technical error leading to rejection of the file.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zanny said:
I would wait for the ITA before going for the medicals. The ITA number is the reference number and when your file is processed they pull the medical records using that number. Hold on medicals.

Police verifications yes, pls go ahead. Will make life easier post the ITA
Thanks, seems like forum doesn't allow +1 within 168 hours :)

Phunkdified

Star Member
May 10, 2016
istari said:
Just because it worked for you, does not mean that it will work for everyone.
You shouldn't tell people to make decisions that may jeopardise their chance at PR when it's possible that you just got a nice VO.
Agreed !!!! Can you show us example cases when people are denied a visa for Depositing cash money after getting ITA?
I am talking common sense mam, there's never a case like that. Maximum they gonna ask is a additional document with source of fund ,that too only when a person having a bank account with no activity or less monthly income.
Anyone who can show their employee bank account will have no issues, even if they deposit the money in bulk !!! (experience from 5 personal cases)

And more over, 5 of us together applied for PR with the same background and everybody got their PR approved !!

Even the historical data proves that there are very few Rejections due to POF, and everyone of them are due to Insufficient funds !!!

In my case, my forex exchange value increased by the time they reviewed my application, and i was short by $50 and they didnt make fuss about it.

All i am trying to say is, do not create unnecessary panic with situations like this, as it is not going to help one's cause.

Being cautious is important, but unnecessary panicking is not needed !!!

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
Phunkdified said:
Agreed !!!! Can you show us example cases when people are denied a visa for Depositing cash money after getting ITA?
I am talking common sense mam, there's never a case like that. Maximum they gonna ask is a additional document with source of fund ,that too only when a person having a bank account with no activity or less monthly income.
Anyone who can show their employee bank account will have no issues, even if they deposit the money in bulk !!! (experience from 5 personal cases)

And more over, 5 of us together applied for PR with the same background and everybody got their PR approved !!

Even the historical data proves that there are very few Rejections due to POF, and everyone of them are due to Insufficient funds !!!

In my case, my forex exchange value increased by the time they reviewed my application, and i was short by $50 and they didnt make fuss about it.

All i am trying to say is, do not create unnecessary panic with situations like this, as it is not going to help one's cause.

Being cautious is important, but unnecessary panicking is not needed !!!

Asivad had his application rejected due to PoF. He had some gift from his parents which had created the issue (as far as i can remember it).

Of course, it is your application and all the adventures in that application is onto you. Every man for himself :D

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Have few questions.

1. I need 22,603 for 4 people as proof of fund, I had filled 24000 in EE profile and also with SINP. However, my Provident Fund amount is 30000 which I'm using as POF. I recently updated POF amount to 30000 in EE. Does it make any difference 24k vs 30k? Should I keep it as 24k because I used this number for SINP, only reason I changed it to 30k is to reconcile POF amount in EE and in my EPF statement?

2. I had got H1B petition approved in 2010, however, I never went for visa stamping and this petition might have expired already as it is generally valid for 3 years, Is this something which needs to be mentioned somewhere?

3. I have to fill Addtional Family form(IMM5406E) for me and my wife, who needs to be Applicant on my wife's form. I see differing comments, some said it should be my main because I'm Principal applicant while others said it should be my wife's name.

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
kamy said:
Hi,

Have few questions.

1. I need 22,603 for 4 people as proof of fund, I had filled 24000 in EE profile and also with SINP. However, my Provident Fund amount is 30000 which I'm using as POF. I recently updated POF amount to 30000 in EE. Does it make any difference 24k vs 30k? Should I keep it as 24k because I used this number for SINP, only reason I changed it to 30k is to reconcile POF amount in EE and in my EPF statement?

2. I had got H1B petition approved in 2010, however, I never went for visa stamping and this petition might have expired already as it is generally valid for 3 years, Is this something which needs to be mentioned somewhere?

3. I have to fill Addtional Family form(IMM5406E) for me and my wife, who needs to be Applicant on my wife's form. I see differing comments, some said it should be my main because I'm Principal applicant while others said it should be my wife's name.
1. Anything above the reqd amount is good. No tension over here. Higher the better i guess

2. H1B is for US. This is Canada. If you did not go for the interview itself, not sure why you want it to be mentioned anywhere?

3. No idea about this.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zanny said:
1. Anything above the reqd amount is good. No tension over here. Higher the better i guess

2. H1B is for US. This is Canada. If you did not go for the interview itself, not sure why you want it to be mentioned anywhere?

3. No idea about this. --Were you the single applicant?

Phunkdified

Star Member
May 10, 2016
zanny said:
Asivad had his application rejected due to PoF. He had some gift from his parents which had created the issue (as far as i can remember it).

Of course, it is your application and all the adventures in that application is onto you. Every man for himself :D
Lol, as i said already, he might have fallen into the category of things i said !!!

cooktunedrive

May 11, 2016
Hey guys,

I hope you could help me out on this one.

I have almost 15k CAD in Bank Statement which exceeds the amount that 1 person needed which is 12,164 CAD. Although there are transactions that are made in the account (bills payment, necessities), the balance is still above the 12,164 CAD needed. Will it affect my application due to the amount that I have is lower than what I have in the Bank Statement?

I just got my ITA last June and submitted all documents last August.

Is it possible that they will require me to get the 6 month average amount for this or are there any additional documents that they may ask?

Thank you very much

mars_m

Aug 28, 2015
Hi guys,

I see that there is no clear definition of what is a satisfactory proof of funds from reading this tread.

I notice that nobody is talking about whether we need to show things such as credit card statements and any outstanding debts? There is also mention of investment accounts? I initial plan was to just to provide six months of my saving accounts and foreign currency accounts which exceed the minimum POF. Should I be concerned about the description below?

From mycic after receiving ITA:
If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (checking and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mars_m said:
Hi guys,

I see that there is no clear definition of what is a satisfactory proof of funds from reading this tread.

I notice that nobody is talking about whether we need to show things such as credit card statements and any outstanding debts? There is also mention of investment accounts? I initial plan was to just to provide six months of my saving accounts and foreign currency accounts which exceed the minimum POF. Should I be concerned about the description below?
Seniors on this forum say that you don't need to mention outstanding debts.