+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

wolkies

Apr 6, 2019
I still have not received my Canadian Citizenship Certificate. I'm trying to verify that it was actually mailed on March 19, 2020.

btdt

Apr 27, 2020
I still have not received my Canadian Citizenship Certificate. I'm trying to verify that it was actually mailed on March 19, 2020.
eCAS says it could take up to four months after it was mailed, so I guess when they say “mailed” it was not actually mailed.

wolkies

Apr 6, 2019
eCAS says it could take up to four months after it was mailed, so I guess when they say “mailed” it was not actually mailed.
I believe the 4 month time frame is when the Certificate is mailed to a Canadian Embassy. I live in NYC vicinity and mail from Sydney is usually less than 8 business days.

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
I believe the 4 month time frame is when the Certificate is mailed to a Canadian Embassy. I live in NYC vicinity and mail from Sydney is usually less than 8 business days.
Within 12 weeks time frame in extreme situations like the Covid 19 pandemic...my kids certificates was mailed out October 8th 2019 to Lagos Nigeria and we received it October 30th 2019..so you are still within the time frame be patient it will soon arrive as soon as the lock down is relaxed by next week.

btdt

Apr 27, 2020
Thanks for the posted mailing timelines. Mails from Canada usually take less than two weeks to get here. But given the current situation, guess it makes sense that it takes longer.

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
Application Received at IRCC Jan 27 2020
AOR April 2 2020
We started processing your application on April 2, 2020.
Decision Made. April 2 2020.
Certificate Sent April 3 2020
Certificate Received April 28 2020

We applied urgently for my infant daughter for citizenship, she never had one before. The reason for the urgent request was for her to obtain provincial healthcare.

Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: Gemt2014

wolkies

Apr 6, 2019
IRCC responded to webform inquiry I sent last week. It is now 6 weeks since my Certificate was mailed from Sydney and IRCC said to submit a Solemn Declaration form. I faxed the form this morning. What bothers me most is what happened to the envelope they sent via Canada Post/USPS. From what I've read IRCC returns the documents originally sent to them, copies of birth certificates and copies of your Passport. The thought of this kind of information delivered to a wrong address??

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
From what I've read IRCC returns the documents originally sent to them, copies of birth certificates and copies of your Passport. The thought of this kind of information delivered to a wrong address??
They might return original documents, but not copies. That's why they ask you to send copies instead of originals.

wolkies

Apr 6, 2019
You can't make this stuff up. Certificate mailed from Sydney on March 19 and as of April 30th (6weeks) it had not arrived. I faxed a Solemn Declaration form on April 30th. Of course, it comes in today's mail. I faxed and also emailed asking if I can cancel the Solemn Declaration.

2 letters in the envelope from IRCC. One dated March 4th and the other dated March 5th. Canada Post date on the envelope is April 9th.

I'm hoping that all of this information could help someone moving forward.

btdt

Apr 27, 2020
We also received ours today with a postmark date April 9. I guess they might send out mails in batches.

Here is our timeline again:

Application received: Early Aug. 2019
AOR: Mid Oct. 2019
Processed: Early Mar. 2020
Certificate sent: Late Mar. 2020 (postmarked April 9, 2020)
Certificate Received: May 4, 2020

Reactions: koeks525

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
It will be 6 months and no AOR on the 7th May 2020 :( :(
Automated responses from IRCC really aren't helpful.
The High Commission mentioned they can only check for tracking info related to the application once the lock down has been lifted.

Feb 1, 2020
I got a result from my enquiry yesterday.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Apr 2, 2020
I got a result from my enquiry yesterday.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
At least they're responding.

Hit the 3 month mark without an AOR today.