+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Feels like proccessing time could be delayed even more now due to the current COVID-19 situation.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, I expect them to be slower, assuming only essential staff will be working in the office (the rest would work from a remote location of their choice). Still waiting for an AOR :( its been a few days over the 4 month mark.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
With the COVID-19 pandemic, I expect them to be slower, assuming only essential staff will be working in the office (the rest would work from a remote location of their choice). Still waiting for an AOR :( its been a few days over the 4 month mark.
It's sad my application will be delay more even though the status is "decision made" now, oh well there are many more unlucky people now suffering both physically and financially by the virus, I hope everything will be normal again soon.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
that's really frustrating, no AOR for 4 months...mine came in 6 months after I submitted to the embassy, and 4 months after my application arrived at CPC Sydney.

i hope you'll get the AOR soon, it's a horrible feeling waiting in the dark, but you're not alone. :D

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I don't know if I should send my application again or if I should wait a little longer. I sent another message via the IRCC Web Form last week to ask about my application. I got a response saying they could not locate my application which was sent to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I had sent my application on the 14th October 2019 to the High Commission of Canada in South Africa. They confirmed processing the application and sending it to Canada on the 7th November 2019. I sent another web form message with the payment receipt and mail confirming the application was sent.
Sorry i never replied your previous message. I'm based in Hong Kong.

If you send this via the embassy or canadian office in south africa, I think the chance of the application being lost is not high. Did you ever write to the high commission of canada in south africa?

I had the same problem in the beginning, no update, no AOR. I wrote to the general consulate of Canada in HK, and they serve as the middle person to contact IRCC, and they sent me a good reply saying that my application is in the waiting line, and basically they were processing still the applications from X month, so yours should be opened by Y month, it ended up being opened 1 month later than their date, so it was not too bad...

What I gathered is that after your application arrived at CPC Sydney, a case processing officer will open your application and put into the system, so the agents could process your case.

There are apparently very few case processing officers, so there's simply a long queue of arriving applications waiting to be opened. Same for the situation with the case agents.

My application is still pending at "Decision Made" now, I hope they could print the certificate and mail this back to me soon.

But so far my experience is that – it's really slow, but once your case is in the system, and that your application is completed (if you submitted to the high commission of canada they must ensure your application is completed), then there is no reason you'll not get an update.

Hope this information will help you.

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Sorry i never replied your previous message. I'm based in Hong Kong.

If you send this via the embassy or canadian office in south africa, I think the chance of the application being lost is not high. Did you ever write to the high commission of canada in south africa?

I had the same problem in the beginning, no update, no AOR. I wrote to the general consulate of Canada in HK, and they serve as the middle person to contact IRCC, and they sent me a good reply saying that my application is in the waiting line, and basically they were processing still the applications from X month, so yours should be opened by Y month, it ended up being opened 1 month later than their date, so it was not too bad...

What I gathered is that after your application arrived at CPC Sydney, a case processing officer will open your application and put into the system, so the agents could process your case.

There are apparently very few case processing officers, so there's simply a long queue of arriving applications waiting to be opened. Same for the situation with the case agents.

My application is still pending at "Decision Made" now, I hope they could print the certificate and mail this back to me soon.

But so far my experience is that – it's really slow, but once your case is in the system, and that your application is completed (if you submitted to the high commission of canada they must ensure your application is completed), then there is no reason you'll not get an update.

Hope this information will help you.
Hey,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences; this indeed helps a lot. I was worried for a bit, but thought there would be no ways my application would be lost as it was sent through a Canadian office (High Commission of Canada). I will contact them middle of April (that would be 5 months since submitting application) if I do not hear anything.

Thanks again for your story. I hope they get to printing your certificate soon... I am hoping after covid19 pandemic ends, things should pick up a bit.

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
Application Received at IRCC on Jan 27
AOR April 2nd. But AOR is dated March 31.
It's for my 6 month old daughter. Currently living in Canada. We requested urgent processing.

Apr 2, 2020
From reading all of these recent posts it sounds like I have a long wait ahead of me.
Applied for Citizenship Certificate by descent, one parent was born in Canada (still Canadian citizen), I was born in USA.

Delivered to Sydney CPC (USPS tracking): February 10, 2020.
AOR: Still waiting

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
From reading all of these recent posts it sounds like I have a long wait ahead of me.
Applied for Citizenship Certificate by descent, one parent was born in Canada (still Canadian citizen), I was born in USA.

Delivered to Sydney CPC (USPS tracking): February 10, 2020.
AOR: Still waiting
Thanks for sharing... you are not the only one, stay strong, and patient! Going into the 5 month mark in a few days time :(

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
There's an update on my daughter's profile on ECAS
We started processing your application on April 2, 2020.
And it says decision made. But it doesn't say what the decision is.
Application sent Jan 27, AOR April 1st.

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
There's an update on my daughter's profile on ECAS
We started processing your application on April 2, 2020.
And it says decision made. But it doesn't say what the decision is.
Application sent Jan 27, AOR April 1st.

Congrats. It is usually positive. It takes time for them to update the outcome. Usually 1-3 days.

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
Application complete and certificate sent in the mail April 3rd.
Application received on Jan 27.
We requested urgent processing.

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
Timeline summary:
Received at IRCC Jan 27
AOR April 2nd
IN PROCESS April 2nd
Complete and Sent certificate April 3rd.

We requested urgent processing. I'll update back when we receive the certificate.

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Timeline summary:
Received at IRCC Jan 27
AOR April 2nd
IN PROCESS April 2nd
Complete and Sent certificate April 3rd.

We requested urgent processing. I'll update back when we receive the certificate.
Congratulations!! So happy your case was processed fast!