+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

CAPALUAE

Mar 23, 2022
Yeah, it says we send your certificate on March 15th. I am traveling next Sunday, I hope I get this coming week, Finger crossed!
Have you received your certificate in the mail yet?
Mine shows it was mailed out a day after yours on March 16 but still nothing from Canada Post.
their website says cross province regular mail takes 4 days..

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
With virtual Oath ceremonies, there are three parts to being an actual citizen.
1. Taking the Oath
2. Getting the certificate
3. Getting a passport

Happy to report that I’m now a 2/3rd citizen. Got the certificate exactly a week after the oath. Mississauga office.

CAPALUAE

Mar 23, 2022
Hi,

Just wanted to update that I got the status 'complete' today and the timeline adds 4th line stating that the citizenship certificate has been mailed on 8th of March.

So, now just waiting to receive it. :)
Hi

have you received the certificate yet…I’m hoping mine comes in today since they mailed it out on the 16th of March..
I’m guessing it comes from Nova Scotia and I’m located in Mississauga, ON.
just trying to figure out if I’ll get it in time for a trip

Reactions: Sezar_Canada

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
Have you received your certificate in the mail yet?
Mine shows it was mailed out a day after yours on March 16 but still nothing from Canada Post.
their website says cross province regular mail takes 4 days..
Received today!!! But my son's middle name aka my first name isn't spelled correctly. I have noticed on the website
and asked them to correct it. They Havnt smh. I amnt gonna send it back and wait another 1.5 year again. I am gonna apply the passport.
If you havnt get it today, you will get next week. It took a week nd 3 days

Reactions: CAPALUAE

CAPALUAE

Mar 23, 2022
Received today!!! But my son's middle name aka my first name isn't spelled correctly. I have noticed on the website
and asked them to correct it. They Havnt smh. I amnt gonna send it back and wait another 1.5 year again. I am gonna apply the passport.
If you havnt get it today, you will get next week. It took a week nd 3 days
Congrats!!
I can’t believe their incompetence in printing iwith an incorrect middle name! I’ve had to change my address twice in the two years it’s taken them to process this application. I’ve called them several times just to make sure they’re sending it to the right address!
Wishing you safe travels tomorrow.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Congrats!!
I can’t believe their incompetence in printing iwith an incorrect middle name! I’ve had to change my address twice in the two years it’s taken them to process this application. I’ve called them several times just to make sure they’re sending it to the right address!
Wishing you safe travels tomorrow.
Does it extend your timeline if your address changes? I just received the AOR this week.

Can we link the application in GCkey or just eCas?

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Just had word from the embassy in London that my application has been approved...

Timeline:

Application received: 30/01/2020
Acknowledgement sent: 22/09/2020
Processing started: 27/05/2021

At various stages additional information has been requested and duly supplied

Decision made: 18/03/2022

A grand total of 778 days (25.56 months)

Advised that the certificate will take around 8 weeks to arrive. Planning to emigrate at the end of June if things work out...

We just need to work out what we need to do next... house is already purchased in Nova Scotia, job offer is secured... lots of reading up to do I guess...
Wow this is great news, congratulations! The move to Canada, together with a guaranteed job, sounds very exciting... so happy for you!

How tricky was it to get the job offer? Did you apply directly to companies in Canada, or was there a firm/organization that helped you out? Sorry to derail this thread a bit.

I am also considering a move to Canada in the 2nd half of this year, need a little more time to prepare.

CAPALUAE

Mar 23, 2022
Does it extend your timeline if your address changes? I just received the AOR this week.

Can we link the application in GCkey or just eCas?
The address changes I applied were well before they started processing the application. It failed a couple times when I tired online but after getting my MP involved and speaking to ircc directly they managed to update it correctly.
Can’t speak about linking to GCkey, I can only recommend you call ircc at exactly 8 AM Eastern time and your wait time then will be at most 20 minutes

Reactions: teareck and Laurahd

Rubix403

Mar 28, 2022
Hi everyone I just thought I would post my timeline here and answer any questions that anyone has. I urgently applied on behalf of my mother who was born in Germany (my grandfather was serving in the Canadian military at the time) so we needed to get proof of citizenship. I sent in the application from within Canada. Timeline is as follows:

Sent in Application: February 16th, 2022
Application Received: February 21st, 2022
Received AOR: February 23rd, 2022
Started Processing: March 7th, 2022

Last week on Friday March 25th, 2022 the status changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made", no further updates yet or anything on if it has been sent, but so far I am very happy with how my experience has gone considering so many others have waited up to 2 years.

On the status chart it doesn't show anything that they will notify me when it has sent, it just says " We have made a decision on your application and are mailing you the result. If you live inside Canada or the US we will send it to the mailing address we have on file" Should I expect an update on when they are sending it or just wait? Thanks so much everyone and again I am more that happy and willing to answer any questions anyone has because boy have I done my research lol.

CAPALUAE

Mar 23, 2022
Certificate finally came in the mail today.
Thank you to everyone who posted, I found it helpful to see the timelines to figure out where we were in this process. My daughter was born outside of Canada and we began this process abroad.
Good luck to everyone on your journey.

Here is my timeline:

Application submitted and paid for online: June 8, 2020
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 28, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 18, 2021. (Status = Application Received)

(On February 24th, 2022 I contacted my MP anreceived the below update)
  3. We started processing your application on March 3, 2022. (Status = Decision Made)
  4. We sent your citizenship certificate on March 16, 2022 (Status = Complete)
  5. Certificate received today March 28, 2022 (Mississauga)

Last edited:
Reactions: kd73426

EnverHoxha

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Certificate finally came in the mail today.
Thank you to everyone who posted, I found it helpful to see the timelines to figure out where we were in this process. My daughter was born outside of Canada and we began this process abroad.
Good luck to everyone on your journey.

Here is my timeline:

Application submitted and paid for online: June 8, 2020
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 28, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 18, 2021. (Status = Application Received)

(On February 24th, 2022 I contacted my MP anreceived the below update)
  3. We started processing your application on March 3, 2022. (Status = Decision Made)
  4. We sent your citizenship certificate on March 16, 2022 (Status = Complete)
  5. Certificate received today March 28, 2022 (Mississauga)
Wow so that means if you hadn't contacted your MP it would've taken longer?

CAPALUAE

Mar 23, 2022
Wow so that means if you hadn't contacted your MP it would've taken longer?
Correct. There wasn’t much they could do as it was still within the 15 months + 8 months timeline But I had already booked travel for April so couldn’t wait til May for them to begin processing.
what the MP office did for me was submit an emergency expedite request on grounds of mental health. Usually they will only accept things like visiting (travel) a terminally ill family member or proof of citizenship required for a job.
was delightfully surprised that they accepted my family’s mental health as a need to travel.

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Hi all, Any one has Idea about form PPTC028. I applied for my son passport and they reject it. i as Father living In canada and my son is living with his mom in India. They were saying that if the one parent not living in india then you have to fill out the PPTC028 form (consent form) Pleas this is urgent. any one please help me out.

Thank you,