Proof of Citizenship timeline

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
This is my son's timeline.
  1. Feb 2020 – submitted application to the embassy
  2. Mar 2020 – application arrived at CPC-Sydney
  3. Dec 2020 – AOR
Called the embassy in Nov 2020, they told me to wait until Apr 2021, if nothing, call again.

If you haven't heard back and applied in similar time like me, maybe wait until April. Covid is really slowing down everything, and many staffs are working from home. This isn't good news for citizenship applications as they're all paper applications I think and cannot be worked digitally and remotely.

:(
Hey!! Really glad to hear your son's application has been received and the IRCC has issued the AOR. Surprised it took 1 month for your application to get to CPC-Sydney. Yes, COVID has definitely slowed down processing big time.

Reactions: kubrickian

sdk19

Jan 24, 2021
hello everyone,
I applied for proof of citizenship for my minor child from outside Canada.

Submitted the application by end of NOV 2019
Received AOR by FEB 2020

No response or update since then ???!!!!?? Anyone in the same scenario, pls reply.

It's been almost a year :-(

How long does it take ??!!?? :-(

I did contact the office via web form, got a response once saying the application is within the normal processing time. But now it's almost a year now so contacted them again via web form but no response at all.

CIC is usually slow but now seems to be dead slow. This process is really stressful along with everything going around in this world :-(

Looking forwards to all your responses. Thank you all.

Last edited:

sdk19

Jan 24, 2021
FINAL TIMELINE
  • Received 08/22/2019
  • Acknowledged 11/06/2019
  • Started processing 07/09/2020
  • Decision made 07/24/2020 (date I noticed change in status)
  • Complete and mailed 10/19/2020
  • Received certificate in mail 11/02/2020
Good luck everybody!
Thanks for the update. Your decision was made nealy in a year, that's good.

sdk19

Jan 24, 2021
I'm Canadian born and sent application for my two daughters born in the USA from Seattle, WA to Sydney CPC - they received on May 28, 2020.

I thought we were already behind so scary to hear that you are at 9 months (now 10). No response from IRCC web forms even for an address update after we moved to Canada.

Anyone tried upgrading to Urgent processing after sending in the application? Requires justification but I'm going to try asking the schools to provide us a letter since they are requesting AOR of the proof of citizenship for registration.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/apply/urgently.html
I am in the same scenario as you, but my minor is 18months old.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
hello everyone,

Received AOR by FEB 2020

No response or update since then ???!!!!?? Anyone in the same scenario, pls reply.

I did contact the office via web form, got a response once saying the application is within the normal processing time. But now it's almost a year now so contacted them again via web form but no response at all.

CIC is usually slow but now seems to be dead slow. This process is really stressful along with everything going around in this world :-(

Where are you applying from? If you are outside of Canada, you should contact your embassy to find out the current status, if they could tell you which batch/month of certificates they’ve recently received, that would give you some ideas if you are on the “average” or more extreme delay.

Rolyb

Dec 20, 2020
hello everyone,

Received AOR by FEB 2020

Exactly the same timeline here.

bobjones

Feb 2, 2021
Just curious, what response do you get when you ask about your application through IRCC Web Forms?
I haven't chased since last year - at the time I got a generic response (I was chasing about urgent processing and the email told me to submit supporting documents which I already did when I first applied!). After that I called IRCC and the individual told me the case was being looked at (on the website it still shows Application Received and nothing else though) and nothing since. Have you had any luck getting a more meaningful response through the Web Form?

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
I haven't chased since last year - at the time I got a generic response (I was chasing about urgent processing and the email told me to submit supporting documents which I already did when I first applied!). After that I called IRCC and the individual told me the case was being looked at (on the website it still shows Application Received and nothing else though) and nothing since. Have you had any luck getting a more meaningful response through the Web Form?
Thanks for sharing. Hopefully things move faster, given your change to get the application processed urgently.

The response I got was "The application has been received, and the application is in process". This is despite eCAS reporting the application being in a "Application Received" state. The High Commission said (a while back) they processed the application and sent it to Canada - I assume the processing is an overview of the application and maybe a few other supporting documents.

sdk19

Jan 24, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I received an update regarding my toddler's proof of citizenship but confused.

Frontpage under Citizenship Application Status, it's mentioned as "Decision Made"

When I move to the next page, I see the below :

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on November 26, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 15, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 2, 2021.
So I am confused what the decision made means in my case??

If anyone has any idea or gone through the same scenario pls explain me.

TIA.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I received an update regarding my toddler's proof of citizenship but confused.

Frontpage under Citizenship Application Status, it's mentioned as "Decision Made"

When I move to the next page, I see the below :

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on November 26, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 15, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 2, 2021.
So I am confused what the decision made means in my case??

If anyone has any idea or gone through the same scenario pls explain me.

TIA.
Decision made usually means your application is approved, for the next step you'll wait for the delivery of the certificate to your address or embassy.

The status of my son's application was changed to "decision made" on Jan 19th too. Fingers crossed the delivery will be smooth!

Reactions: sdk19