+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

Redaelrihani

Dec 4, 2020
I applied for two of my children on the same day at consulate Lebanon. One still in prosses and one it says Decision made.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on December 11, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 2, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on March 12, 2021.

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on December 11, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 3, 2020.
  3. If you see there is one day different on AOR between my two application and ant today in the 17th still stuck on AOR , It look like they getting slower and slower .

604Legend

Mar 18, 2021
I submitted my documents (lost Citizenship Card) December 2019 and my application status is at AOR.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on January 2, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 9, 2020.
My MP's office followed up on my behalf in July 2020 and I received the following message:
The analysis to determine that the applicant is a Canadian citizen and has not ceased to be a citizen is in process.

Finally, I submitted an Urgent Request to access Health Care benefits due to a diagnosed medical condition on March 12, 2021.

Hoping for some movement based on the reviews of others in the forthcoming weeks.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Today the status of my son’s application has been changed to “complete” and the certificate was already sent out, here’s his timeline:

March 2020 - application received
December 2020- AOR
January 2021 - processing (status was decision made)
March 2021 - complete and sent

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

CharlesM

Jul 20, 2020
Today the status of my son’s application has been changed “complete” and the certificate was already sent out, here’s his timeline:

March 2020 - application received
December 2020- AOR
January 2021 - processing (status was decision made)
March 2021 - complete and sent

Good luck everyone!
Wow, congratulations!! Great to see that pretty quick turnaround from AOR to complete. Still waiting for AOR on late May 2020 applications here but fingers crossed it is not far.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Anyone who mailed a first application and was able to link to their GC Key account? I know I can normally only link closer to receiving AOR but just wondering if it is possible or not. I don't have a UCI so I cannot check eCAS until I will have an application number. I know it will take months for AOR but just asking what to expect in terms of looking at the process online.

12 Mar 2021 - Application sent
19 Mar 2021 - Application received

Janettka

Jul 24, 2020
You should be good. Renunciation is only recognized if done so through the official procedure and as an adult. A parent's death does not affect a child's eligibility because citizenship is restored retroactively to the date of loss, so your mother is now retroactively deemed a citizen in 1966 when you were born, making you eligible as the first generation born abroad.
Update: Received AOR today March 24, 2021.

Reactions: CharlesM

expat1719

Mar 29, 2021
Lurked here a few times so I figured I would add my update in. So I sent in an initial application from the NY area in October and it said it was delivered October 4th in Sydney, they said they never received it. I then sent in another one in December after sending in an inquiry on the portal twice. I sent in an inquiry again twice asking if it had been received since UPS marked it as delivered on Dec 24. Both times, I had it marked for Urgent processing. Someone finally responded to me about 2 weeks ago that they received it after the first person said they didn't receive it and then today I got this generic email.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Regarding your case, we can confirm that your application was received at our office on December 24th, 2020. Please note that disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, the current posted processing times may not be accurate.
Please be advised supporting documentation is required in order to request urgent processing. Please refer to the following link:
super frustrating experience. I commend those of you who have been waiting for so long. I understand that it's covid but sheesh. I don't even get what the process is at this point.

Can't see anything in the online system.

604Legend

Mar 18, 2021
I submitted my documents (lost Citizenship Card) December 2019 and my application status is at AOR.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on January 2, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 9, 2020.
My MP's office followed up on my behalf in July 2020 and I received the following message:
The analysis to determine that the applicant is a Canadian citizen and has not ceased to be a citizen is in process.

Finally, I submitted an Urgent Request to access Health Care benefits due to a diagnosed medical condition on March 12, 2021.

Hoping for some movement based on the reviews of others in the forthcoming weeks.
Yesterday, I received an update that a Decision was Made.
  3. We started processing your application on March 30, 2021.

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Yesterday, I received an update that a Decision was Made.
  3. We started processing your application on March 30, 2021.
Nice to see some movement!

Reactions: ***

medic.

Aug 5, 2019
April 2020 - Wife, twin girls (3 months old at the time) citizenship proof applications sent
ZERO updates - paper
May 2020 - mother in law citizenship proof application sent
ZERO updates - paper
October 2020 - mother in law urgent processing request
ZERO updates - paper
March 28 2021 - twins re-submitted with urgent processing (in country since November 2020, need it for every service)
Online application

IRCC has nothing on any previous applications and submitting the webform has been a waste of time.

amlajune

Mar 30, 2021
Sent in my application in-country back in January 2021, but by the looks of these timelines, I'm in it for the very long haul!

Like the last guy said, don't bother with the webform. If you didn't get AOR, the answer is always going to be "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet"

Crazy that Citizenship applicants are getting AORs in less than a month and we're waiting literally a year...oh well...

Last edited:
Reactions: medic.