+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of citizenship 2019

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Congrats to those who already received update.

I am waiting since Jan 28, 2019 for my Citizenship Certificate. IRCC confirmed that my application was sent to PSU. Long wait is heartbreaking.
Ooh dear I absolutely know how it feels for the long no response wait....soon it will come out positive be strong.

Reactions: Rullence

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Finally received Decision Made today for my kids proof of citizenship application here Is the time line

Application sent to embassy 18th April 2019

Application received at Nova Scotia 20th June 2019

Acknowledgement of RECIEPT 26th August 2019

Application in process 24th September 2019

Decision made 3rd October 2019..

It took 3months from the day the application was received to DECISION made.

It took 5months from submission at embassy to DECISION made.

Waiting for certificate to be mailed out to embassy...

Thanks and appreciation to all that contributed during the course of the application process and for those whose application is on going I wish you all speedy and positive outcome.
Hi All

Got a call from the lagos embassy Nigeria this morning that my kids citizenship certificate has arrived below is the final timeline.

Application received at lagos embassy 18th April 2019.

Application received at Novia Scotia 20th June 2019.

Acknowledgement received 26th August 2019.

Application in process 24th September 2019.

Decision Made 3rd October 2019

Application COMPLETE 3rd October 2019

Application mailed out to lagos embassy 3rd October 2019.

Certificate received at lagos embassy 29th October 2019.

Passport application request to be applied for 30th October 2019 at Canada high comission lagos Nigeria.

Thanks for those who contributed during the course of this application process and for those who are still expecting DECISION...I wish you all good luck.

Last edited:

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Hi All

Got a call from the lagos embassy Nigeria this morning that my kids citizenship certificate has arrived below is the final timeline.

Passport application request to be applied for 30th October 2019 at Canada high comission lagos Nigeria.

Thanks for those who contributed during the course of this application process and for those who are still expecting DECISION...I wish you all good luck.
Today ends the journey for my kids proof of citizenship from application to passport collection...we finally received the kids Canadian passports today....below is the timeline.

Passport application made 30th October 2019

Passport received at embassy 19th November 2019.
Good luck to those still expecting a positive outcome.

bd6666

Jul 8, 2019
im the OP.

application received May 2019
AOR July 31st
nothing since then

filed webform 2 days ago and got a very generic reply saying that the agent told some officer that I asked about my application

If I call their number, can they tell me more ?

jjmeijer

Jul 31, 2019
Hi,

I am curious if I should be concerned that my children's certificate of citizenship application seems to not be moving ahead. My husband was born outside in 1974, outside of Canada, to a Canadian mother. She applied for their citizenship in the 90s, and they were granted citizenship then. Our two kids were born in the US, in 2004 and 2008, so before the April 2009 law that limited citizenship by decent. Here is my timeline:

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on June 20, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 22, 2019.

I sent a request in via Webform and received a response on December 6, 2019. It seems the application status should say in process, but it still only shows application received.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

As this seems to be a very straightforward application, I am wondering if others are experiencing a longer than 5 months processing time?

Thanks!

a282

Sep 7, 2018
I am curious if I should be concerned that my children's certificate of citizenship application seems to not be moving ahead. My husband was born outside in 1974, outside of Canada, to a Canadian mother. She applied for their citizenship in the 90s, and they were granted citizenship then.
My situation is similar- grandparent born in Canada and two subsequent generations born in the US. I mailed my application to IRCC in September, 2018. Prior to doing that, I consulted a lawyer about the odds. I was told that second and subsequent generation applications can take longer to process because of the 2009 laws. Based on my experience and what I've read online, I think there's some truth to this.

I think the 5 months thing is just the average. My application was sent to the PSU, which is essentially the black hole of IRCC from what I've heard. I imagine they would have told you in the response email if that was the case, though. I had to contact them twice to try to get some sort of update on my application.

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
Good Day All,

Please find my timeline

1. Sent application documents May 2017
  2. Application returned for poor picture specification in June 2017.
  3. (APPLICATION RESUBMITTED) We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 25, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 15, 2018.
  5. We sent your citizenship certificate on December 12, 2019 to: XXXXXXXXXX. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
  6. Passport application request to be applied for 27th January 2020 at Canada high comission lagos Nigeria.
  7. Passport recieved on 20th February 2020 at Canada high Commison Lagos.

I really appreciate all who provided their experience and insight. All those still waiting, it would turn out positively.

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
Good Day All,

Please find my timeline

1. Sent application documents May 2017
  2. Application returned for poor picture specification in June 2017.
  3. (APPLICATION RESUBMITTED) We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 25, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 15, 2018.
  5. We sent your citizenship certificate on December 12, 2019 to: XXXXXXXXXX. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
  6. Passport application request to be applied for 27th January 2020 at Canada high comission lagos Nigeria.
  7. Passport recieved on 20th February 2020 at Canada high Commison Lagos.

I really appreciate all who provided their experience and insight. All those still waiting, it would turn out positively.

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Congrats....how was the look of the embassy personal that you said made it uncomfortable for you at the intial stage...lol

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
Congrats....how was the look of the embassy personal that you said made it uncomfortable for you at the intial stage...lol

He was his usual not to willing to assist attitude. So annoying. He was in-charge of the reception desk. He wasn't friendly at all. He has this attitude of a Nigerian frustrated public servant. I expected more from the first impression of my dear Country. I tried not to have any conversation with him so as not to be rude. But I was just not happy with him. Wish him the best and I hope not to have nothing to do with him ever.

When I spoke to the actual consular personnel, he explained the issue as regards the request for assistance and also said an additional option was that one provides DNA evidence for them to accept the documents in-place of the medical records from birth (imagine a 30+ individual keeping medical records from birth).

Afterwards, the passport processing was simple, with only the guarantor's gave me slight concern, but it went well I assume. It took around 17 days for the passport processing.

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Congrats to those who already received update.

I am waiting since Jan 28, 2019 for my Citizenship Certificate. IRCC confirmed that my application was sent to PSU. Long wait is heartbreaking.
Hi..any news as regards your certificate?
Hope you are keeping safe,

Doctore123

Jul 4, 2021
Hi Guys
Here is the update for today.

We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on June 20, 2019.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 26, 2019.

We started processing your application on September 24, 2019.

We sent your citizenship certificate on October 8, 2019 to: C/O The Canadian Embassy , Lagos, Nigeria, 00001. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us...
Will give an update when we receive the certificates from the embassy in Lagos Nigeria.
Hello sir, please I am currently applying for my proof of citizenship certificate. I like to know the acceptable birth certificate used and also if it was notorized? I have the one issued by mainland local government in 1986.
Thanks