+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of citizenship 2019

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Hello sir, please I am currently applying for my proof of citizenship certificate. I like to know the acceptable birth certificate used and also if it was notorized? I have the one issued by mainland local government in 1986.
Thanks
Where are from and where are you sending the application from?
From Nigeria what is acceptable is birth certificate from NPC...Hope that helps.

Doctore123

Jul 4, 2021
I am
From Nigeria what is acceptable is birth certificate from NPC...Hope that helps.
I am Nigerian, sending from Nigeria. But I was also told I could make use of this if it was signed and stamped by the registrar. My cousin told me to go do an attestation, I learnt attestation is done when you don't have a birth certificate or got misplaced. Honestly I am really confused right now.

Doctore123

Jul 4, 2021
Hello, please where did you notarize your birth certificate? Is it from the notary public or ministry of foreign affairs?

Doctore123

Jul 4, 2021
I am back again, putting all the final touches together & almost at the point of submission. Please I have two important questions.
1) my two(2) pieces of personal identification that I want to submit, one is a passport which has the same name with my birth certificate i.e my surname, first name & middle name, the second which is a driver's licence carries initials of my other name as a middle name not on my birth certificate. I want to ask if it's going to be a problem for me?
2) I will be submitting through the embassy here in Nigeria. Please I want to know if I am to address the application to them with the Embassy's address on it or addressing it to the address in Canada? Additionally will I have to put postage stamps for it?
Urgent help please

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 7, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 13, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 21, 2021.

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 7, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 13, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 21, 2021.
  4. We sent your citizenship certificate on September 23, 2021 to: XXXXXX