+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of citizenship 2019

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
I have a friend who submitted thru the embassy last year and he was 38yrs and he received citizenship certificate that same last year.
My Dad is a Naturalized Canadian (1976). I was born in 1980. Submitted data page of his passport, citizenship certificate, social security as well as my birth certificate, Nigerian passport data page and other documents necessary.

Like you said maybe the delay is because i submitted from with Canada. But they are not accepting documents except i can include medical records. I was born in LUTH and i am sure my medical record from 38 years ago surely would not exist or would be missing (poor record keeping in such institutions).

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Dear Domikys,

Thanks for your response. I am also 38 going 39. As per the photographer, it was a big challenge. I wish i had this informatikn as per the kodak lekki.

The guys at the Lagos office are not friendly. I even went with my father with all documents an adult should have. I was told to get medical records showing my father paid receipt at my delivery, immunization records and info i surely cant get.

I sent mails and the guy at the front desk responded that i must get medical records of my birth to my father.

I wish they assisted me then oo. I started the process February 2017, then sent the documents via my family friend/ Uncle in May 2017 when he returned and got a respinse that my pictures were not valid in June 2017.

We then asked the lagos consulate for recommended photographers which they did not assist with. Luckily in May 2018, a new professional photo studio with specification and an organisation stamp opened around Yaba were the pictures were finally taken.

From what hawk39 says one would likely wait almost 24 months in my situation to get a response.

I wish the lagos consulate was more supportive and provided the assistance they should provide it would be great.

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
My Dad is a Naturalized Canadian (1976). I was born in 1980. Submitted data page of his passport, citizenship certificate, social security as well as my birth certificate, Nigerian passport data page and other documents necessary.

Like you said maybe the delay is because i submitted from with Canada. But they are not accepting documents except i can include medical records. I was born in LUTH and i am sure my medical record from 38 years ago surely would not exist or would be missing (poor record keeping in such institutions).

Technically I will blame you .. .keep in mind i told you wwe

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Dear Domikys,

Thanks for your response. I am also 38 going 39. As per the photographer, it was a big challenge. I wish i had this informatikn as per the kodak lekki.

The guys at the Lagos office are not friendly. I even went with my father with all documents an adult should have. I was told to get medical records showing my father paid receipt at my delivery, immunization records and info i surely cant get.

I sent mails and the guy at the front desk responded that i must get medical records of my birth to my father.

I wish they assisted me then oo. I started the process February 2017, then sent the documents via my family friend/ Uncle in May 2017 when he returned and got a respinse that my pictures were not valid in June 2017.

We then asked the lagos consulate for recommended photographers which they did not assist with. Luckily in May 2018, a new professional photo studio with specification and an organisation stamp opened around Yaba were the pictures were finally taken.

From what hawk39 says one would likely wait almost 24 months in my situation to get a response.

I wish the lagos consulate was more supportive and provided the assistance they should provide it would be great.
Is sad all this is happening to you..but I will not accept that the embassy here in Lagos were not friendly but rather they are been diligent so your application will not be rejected or certificate not approved or you will be demanded to go for DNA..I felt the same way when I was asked to provide...hospital birth certificate,NPC birth certificate,hospital records,immunization records,hospital payment Bill's for the kids delivery,all payments hospital Bill's from delivery to date...I accepted and went to our hospital were the kids were born the MD of the hospital just wrote a cover note addressing all they asked for and that ended it.....I advise you go back to the embassy and re apply from there...keep in mind is the local embassy that does all the background checks before sending out the application.

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
Is sad all this is happening to you..but I will not accept that the embassy here in Lagos were not friendly but rather they are been diligent so your application will not be rejected or certificate not approved or you will be demanded to go for DNA..I felt the same way when I was asked to provide...hospital birth certificate,NPC birth certificate,hospital records,immunization records,hospital payment Bill's for the kids delivery,all payments hospital Bill's from delivery to date...I accepted and went to our hospital were the kids were born the MD of the hospital just wrote a cover note addressing all they asked for and that ended it.....I advise you go back to the embassy and re apply from there...keep in mind is the local embassy that does all the background checks before sending out the application.
Dear Domikys,

Thanks for the reply. I would go and make enquiries at Luth and visit the lagos office.

Thanks again

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Dear Domikys,

Thanks for the reply. I would go and make enquiries at Luth and visit the lagos office.

Thanks again
Kk let me know what the outcome is...you can inbox ur phone number in case you need me to guide you further...Good luck

a282

Sep 7, 2018
Here's my timeline:

Application received: September 27, 2018
AOR (by email): October 11, 2018
Sent to Program Support Unit: June 5, 2019 (Or at least that's when they told me because I had to contact them to ask about the delay)

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Guess this is the AOR...DEAR XXXXX
immigration,refugees and citizenship Canada has received your application for proof of citizenship.the application and documents will be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information is required.if you reside outside of Canada or the U.S you may be contacted by the Canadian embassy high comission or consulate nearest you.
If application is approved,a citizenship certificate will be sent to you.

The above mail came with UCI number and Application Number...So is this AOR or what??

Timeline
Documents sent to local embassy 18th April 2019.

Received the above mail 26th August 2019.

What next should be expected
The application is non routine and is straightforward.
Finally received Decision Made today for my kids proof of citizenship application here Is the time line

Application sent to embassy 18th April 2019

Application received at Nova Scotia 20th June 2019

Acknowledgement of RECIEPT 26th August 2019

Application in process 24th September 2019

Decision made 3rd October 2019..

It took 3months from the day the application was received to DECISION made.

It took 5months from submission at embassy to DECISION made.

Waiting for certificate to be mailed out to embassy...

Thanks and appreciation to all that contributed during the course of the application process and for those whose application is on going I wish you all speedy and positive outcome.

Reactions: Ace27 and Rullence

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
Finally received Decision Made today for my kids proof of citizenship application here Is the time line

Application sent to embassy 18th April 2019

Application received at Nova Scotia 20th June 2019

Acknowledgement of RECIEPT 26th August 2019

Application in process 24th September 2019

Decision made 3rd October 2019..

It took 3months from the day the application was received to DECISION made.

It took 5months from submission at embassy to DECISION made.

Waiting for certificate to be mailed out to embassy...

Thanks and appreciation to all that contributed during the course of the application process and for those whose application is on going I wish you all speedy and positive outcome.
Congrats to you and your children

nebykhan

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Hi all applicants Here my child proof of citizenship certificate app timeline: 1. 10 th may 2019 sent package to canada high commison New Delhi India. 2. CPC SYDNEY received application on 7th June. 3.14th August got AOR by email . 4.Nothing after that waiting for Decison made ????????

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Hi all applicants Here my child proof of citizenship certificate app timeline: 1. 10 th may 2019 sent package to canada high commison New Delhi India. 2. CPC SYDNEY received application on 7th June. 3.14th August got AOR by email . 4.Nothing after that waiting for Decison made ????????
I advise you ask for update thru webform and if you can place a call to them..Goodluck and best wishes.

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Thanks...just got off the phone with ircc staff they confirmed that certificate was mailed out to the canadian embassy lagos yesterday...any update on your application?
Hi Guys
Here is the update for today.

We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on June 20, 2019.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 26, 2019.

We started processing your application on September 24, 2019.

We sent your citizenship certificate on October 8, 2019 to: C/O The Canadian Embassy , Lagos, Nigeria, 00001. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us...
Will give an update when we receive the certificates from the embassy in Lagos Nigeria.

Reactions: Rullence

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Congrats to those who already received update.

I am waiting since Jan 28, 2019 for my Citizenship Certificate. IRCC confirmed that my application was sent to PSU. Long wait is heartbreaking.