+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
anyone has any new news about Delhi VFS opening for passport stamping? This is getting ridiculous now. I am waiting since mid April for my PRTD stamping.

No travel authorization letters are being issued stating that we should get passport stanmped, but they don't open that up !!

saumya2712

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
anyone has any new news about Delhi VFS opening for passport stamping? This is getting ridiculous now. I am waiting since mid April for my PRTD stamping.

No travel authorization letters are being issued stating that we should get passport stanmped, but they don't open that up !!
No. I am also waiting since more than a month now. They are not even telling an ETA.

Kaurgagan13

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Same me waiting since 20 april. I have asked on this email[IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca] several times to issue ETA but they reply same all the time.

Good day,
Please note that due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), processing times may be longer than published. We are not issuing Letters of Authorization. You must have a visa printed in your passport to travel to Canada. Please submit your passport following the instructions in the passport request letter.

We thank you for your patience.

Reactions: neiljosh

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Same me waiting since 20 april. I have asked on this email[IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca] several times to issue ETA but they reply same all the time.

Good day,
Please note that due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), processing times may be longer than published. We are not issuing Letters of Authorization. You must have a visa printed in your passport to travel to Canada. Please submit your passport following the instructions in the passport request letter.

We thank you for your patience.
Same with me. Looks like we have been deserted and left on our own !!

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Yes, sent the application number along with other details such as Name, Phone number etc and copy of passport request letter to passportsubmission@vfshelpline.com and received the auto-generated email that I will be contacted in 2 business days. But no email yet, it has been 10 days. I got the same response as you from IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
It has been over 1.5 months for me and no reply. Things will move only when Delhi VFS and Canadian High commission opens.

Reactions: canuck78

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
May be it will move on. As per today’s news from delhi , government offices will be open with 100% capacity.
I really hope so. Last year Canadian council opened up on 20th Nov after it closed in late March. This was despite of VFS being open since July.

But that time they were giving Travel authorization letter and had cancelled college attendence (made it online). This time both are not being done !!

Kaurgagan13

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Lets see what they will do. I think if flights will open for sure they will give letter authorization. We can only know around 15 may if flights will open or not. As like it happened last month.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
May be it will move on. As per today’s news from delhi , government offices will be open with 100% capacity.
Canadian consulate is not the Indian government. Assume it is likely that many of the Canadian consulate staff left India so when it is deemed safe it will likely take some time for the staff to return.