+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

RickKansal

May 25, 2021
Hello,
I am in quite hot waters with IRCC, I submitted my PRTD application last month and just got the reply that officer is not satisfied with my residence obligation. I attached extra sheet for residence and had total stay of 1715 days in Canada. As a proof, I attached 5 years of Notice of Assessment, rental statement and pay stubs.

Anybody went through this situation? Please help, officer gave me 30 days to clarify. I am not sure what else I can submit to prove residence requirement.

fsw2014sv

Sep 27, 2014
Hello,
I am in quite hot waters with IRCC, I submitted my PRTD application last month and just got the reply that officer is not satisfied with my residence obligation. I attached extra sheet for residence and had total stay of 1715 days in Canada. As a proof, I attached 5 years of Notice of Assessment, rental statement and pay stubs.

Anybody went through this situation? Please help, officer gave me 30 days to clarify. I am not sure what else I can submit to prove residence requirement.
You can try to submit bank statements, offer or experience letters, etecetera

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

NOA doesn't prove residency days. Do have you entry and exit dates. Proof of flights? Bank records with proof of regular transactions in Canada? Have you entered and exited Canada often? When did your PR card expire? Is this your first 5 years?

RickKansal

May 25, 2021
NOA doesn't prove residency days. Do have you entry and exit dates. Proof of flights? Bank records with proof of regular transactions in Canada? Have you entered and exited Canada often? When did your PR card expire? Is this your first 5 years?
I did have entry and exit dates but didn't attach proof of flights. My PR card expired in Apr 2021. Yeah this is my first PR renewal.
I am going to attach Bank Statements this time, along with Employment Record, Tenant statements and Lease documents. Should this be sufficient?

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
I did have entry and exit dates but didn't attach proof of flights. My PR card expired in Apr 2021. Yeah this is my first PR renewal.
I am going to attach Bank Statements this time, along with Employment Record, Tenant statements and Lease documents. Should this be sufficient?
when did you apply for PRTD? and did you included return ticket?

RickKansal

May 25, 2021
I applied on May 26, I didn't attach return ticket. My original return ticket was booked for May 11, it got cancelled and new ticket was for May 27 and that also got cancelled. And this time I didn't book return ticket until I get approval for PRTD.

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
I applied on May 26, I didn't attach return ticket. My original return ticket was booked for May 11, it got cancelled and new ticket was for May 27 and that also got cancelled. And this time I didn't book return ticket until I get approval for PRTD.
i have applied on may 26th but no response yet.

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
send everything you got like utility bills, bank stats, employment, rental statements, club memberships etc

Reactions: RickKansal

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you travel very frequently? There must be a region they were quite difficult on you. The 5 years would be 5 years from the day you submitted your application. You will lose some of your initial time after landing.

RickKansal

May 25, 2021
Do you travel very frequently? There must be a region they were quite difficult on you. The 5 years would be 5 years from the day you submitted your application. You will lose some of your initial time after landing.
I only have 3 trips to US and 3 to India, that shouldn't come under 'frequent'.

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
Finally got passport request. Now it’s time to hunt vfs opening date.

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
Yes, got the passport request. But, vfs offices are closed and they are not sending any details for pickup passport? Please let me know if you get any update on this?
i got this automatic reply

Thank you for contacting the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC). This is an automated response to acknowledge your e-mail.

Due to ongoing global COVID-19 developments and the local government directive to close business operations for a temporary period, our Visa Application Center services are currently unavailable. Customers are advised to check the respective country-specific page, the 'COVID-19: Customer Advisories' section on www.vfsglobal.com, or the respective embassy or consulate website.

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
i got this automatic reply

Thank you for contacting the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC). This is an automated response to acknowledge your e-mail.

Due to ongoing global COVID-19 developments and the local government directive to close business operations for a temporary period, our Visa Application Center services are currently unavailable. Customers are advised to check the respective country-specific page, the 'COVID-19: Customer Advisories' section on www.vfsglobal.com, or the respective embassy or consulate website.
Yes, i got the same. Not sure when vac is open? They delayed my pr card and now not issueing prtd...let communicate if we get any further information.

Kaurgagan13

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Direct flights by air canada are banned again until the end of July. Seems like vac’s will not open until then. Is there any way to get passport stamped from another country like nepal, i think their vac will open tomorrow. @neiljosh @canuck78