+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

RickKansal

May 25, 2021
are you talking about passport blank pages? from which country did you applied?

i just included only bio pages of my passport.
I applied from India, originally I submitted only the bio page and the pages with stamps, but IRCC requested passport copies with ALL pages.

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
I applied from India, originally I submitted only the bio page and the pages with stamps, but IRCC requested passport copies with ALL pages.
Oh lucky you. I have applied on May 20 but did not get anything except that acknowledgment.

Did you get any file number or something in your acknowledgment email? I got the acknowledgment email like this.

Acknowledgement of Receipt - PRTD / Accusé de réception - TVRP

*** This is an automated reply. Please read the following message and do not reply to this email ***

Good day,

This inbox is only for Permanent Residents (PR) who are outside Canada and don’t have a valid PR Card.

ALL OTHER ENQUIRIES RECEIVED THROUGH THIS INBOX WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

You must apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to return to Canada. Normally, you apply for a PRTD at a visa application centre (VAC). Due to COVID-19, most VACs are closed. Check if your VAC is open and accepts PRTD applications before you apply. If your VAC is open and accepts applications, find out how to apply for a PRTD.

If your VAC is closed or unable to accept PRTD applications, you can submit your application for a PRTD by email. Follow these steps (if not already done):

Read the instruction guide to make sure you prepare a complete application.
Make electronic copies (scans) of the required documents listed in the Document Checklist
Complete and scan the Application for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (IMM 5524) form
Pay your fees and provide a copy of the receipt.
If you have it, provide your confirmed flight ticket or itinerary for your travel to Canada that clearly shows:
your flight number,
date of travel
arrival airport in Canada.
Send the scanned copy of your application package by email:
In the subject line, put: “PRTD application: (your name)”
Send to: IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (this inbox)
Find out what to do if your documents are too large

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t
process applications normally
provide accurate processing times

We’re prioritizing some applications, including
· Canadians trying to return to Canada
· vulnerable people
· people who perform or support essential services

If you have already submitted an incomplete request but meet the above criteria, please resend all documents and information in a single email.

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
I applied for PRTD on May 26th, and got a reply from IRCC in few hours to attach All pages (including blank). My flight is booked for June 27th, any chance it can be approved by then?
It depends on VFS opening. After you get your PRTD email approval you will need Visa Counterfoil on your passport. With VFS closure, this is on-hold right now. I am waiting for my 2 Way Courier since late April.

Reactions: tinu28111987

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
It depends on VFS opening. After you get your PRTD email approval you will need Visa Counterfoil on your passport. With VFS closure, this is on-hold right now. I am waiting for my 2 Way Courier since late April.
I am also in the same situation.
My PRTD was approved and I got PPR in end of April. Since then I am waiting to book a 2-way courier.

Do you know if we can travel to any other country like Ethipia/Serbia and submit our passport in VFS there?

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
My PRTD was approved and I got PPR in end of April. Since then I am waiting to book a 2-way courier.

Do you know if we can travel to any other country like Ethipia/Serbia and submit our passport in VFS there?
I don’t see why not. I have heard of such examples, but don’t know anyone personally who has done so.

Let me know if you are planning to explore this route and I will be open to the idea as well.

Reactions: tinu28111987

Kaurgagan13

Star Member
May 3, 2020
I linked my PR card application with cic account. I have same application number for PR card and PRTD that starts with R********. I sent my PR card on 11 Jan, 2021 whereas submitted my PRTD on 31, march 2021. On cic account its showing the date PR card application received is 31 march instead of 11 Jan. I have doubt why both application numbers are same and why there is mess up in dates. On the other side, one of my friend and I send the PR card application same day at same location (visa office) from same city and he got the card in his hands on 13 april. Please post your views @canuck78.

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Can someone explain the difference between Webform submission vs email request for 2-way courier?

The email from IRCC instructed me to send an email to PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com and I got a ticket number on auto-response.

But i see quite a few posts where people are talking about a webform. Are both ultimately the same thing? @shashi_b

Last edited:

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Anyone else waiting for courier link email?
That’s good to know.
i received passport request on April 30, and I thought I’m supposed to send my passport by my own.
So VFS is going to send us a link to pay and courier. Is that correct?
please answer

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

These countries would send it t other countries for stamping. You would have to see if you could gain entry to any of these countries and what the quarantine procedure would be. With all the time and expense you may not end up getting your passport back earlier.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
These countries would send it t other countries for stamping. You would have to see if you could gain entry to any of these countries and what the quarantine procedure would be. With all the time and expense you may not end up getting your passport back earlier.
Currently Serbia does not need visa for Indians
So I thought may be travel here and get the passport stamped and go from Serbia to Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Currently Serbia does not need visa for Indians
So I thought may be travel here and get the passport stamped and go from Serbia to Canada
They don’t stamp the passports in Serbia. Believe they get sent to Warsaw. Nkt sure how long it will take to get your passport stamped but it could take a while.

saumya2712

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
That’s good to know.
i received passport request on April 30, and I thought I’m supposed to send my passport by my own.
So VFS is going to send us a link to pay and courier. Is that correct?
please answer
Yes. I am still waiting for the payment link. Did you get the link?

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know if I have asked my question in this thread.

Can we travel to another country where VFS is open and submit our passport there?