+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

Sharma15

Aug 7, 2019
Hello everyone, need some advice here.
I got my COPR inside Canada and had to travel to India due to a major surgery. I have applied for my PRTD. And I am compliant with my RO but while filling the application I did answer question 19 (Humanitarian grounds) would this end up delaying my application as my return flight is within 4 weeks.
please help! @Bafnamit @mac315 @shashi_b

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
No I haven't head from that email again. Just the ACK receipt. Did you receive any reply. I am trying to reach embassy but no response from there too.
@Avatar0325

mipan1991

Mar 24, 2021
There is no specific timeline for any application at this point. No VAC is open in India and you will have to apply by email. Read instructions below. I would suggest you to apply PRTD as soon as you land in India. This process usually takes 1 month according to recent timeline provided by applicants on this thread.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada

If your VAC is closed
If your VAC is closed, submit your PRTD application by email.

To submit by email:

1. Download and follow the instruction guide to complete the application correctly.
  2. Make electronic copies (scans) of the required documents listed in the Document Checklist (PDF, 1.5 MB).
  3. Complete and scan the Application for a Permanent Resident Travel Document [IMM 5524] (PDF, 1.84 MB) form.
  4. Pay your fees and get a copy of your receipt.
  5. If you have it, get a copy of your confirmed flight ticket, or the itinerary for your travel to Canada. Your copies should clearly show
    • your flight number
    • date of travel
    • arrival airport in Canada
  6. Send an email to IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.cathat includes
    • the subject line: “PRTD application: [put your name here]”
    • your scanned application
    • copies of your supporting documents (including travel information)
    • a copy of your receipt
VAC is open in India now ????

mipan1991

Mar 24, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I have a situation where I need some advice/guidance
I got my COPR here and I applied for a PR card... after 60 days I received a letter saying my photos were not according to the specifications(rookie mistake) and then I posted the photos again.
NOW,
I have to go to India urgently due to some unavoidable reasons...
I called IRCC and they said that I will have to apply for a PRTD(Permanent Residence Travel Document) from India once I land in India.
Q1. Does anyone know how much time it takes for the PRTD application to get approved plus the time to send my passport to get it stamped???
Q2. What if I get my PR card here in Canada while I am there and my friend sends that via express mail after I have already applied for PRTD in India
Q3. Do you guys know how much time it takes for the PR card to arrive once I have resent the correct photos?

Anyone in this situation before could throw some light or know someone who has been in this situation

Reactions: Lakshay338

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
You will need to apply for PRTD once you arrive in India, it should not impact your PR Card application which is in progress. I am in the same boat.

Reactions: ivyivyng

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
Make sure you have permanent status, which means not just COPR, you should have got an email letter saying "You are permanent resident now", i.e. they should have virtually landed you.

Reactions: ivyivyng

Nov 28, 2020
No I haven't head from that email again. Just the ACK receipt. Did you receive any reply. I am trying to reach embassy but no response from there too.
@Avatar0325
I havent applied yet.Will apply in couple of days .I have couple of queries under activities history when i came to india i was on loss of pay later on from jan im working from india so should i mention as unemployed during my loss of pay time or should i mention employed by that firm?Also,do i have to fill
Question 17: Absences while employed by a Canadian business?I meet the residency onligation as i received the pr in last yr Nov

Last edited:

ivyivyng

Jan 21, 2019
You will need to apply for PRTD once you arrive in India, it should not impact your PR Card application which is in progress. I am in the same boat.
Hi,
Do you have to explain your reason for leaving Canada in PRTD application?

Jsimran

Apr 29, 2020
Hello,
I just got a passport request for submission of passport for PRTD. I wanted to know the next steps as in the email I have to book a 2 way courier service. Can anyone who went through this process let me know what to do next and how to book two way courier service?

nmdsouza

Nov 17, 2019
sorry, My COPR was cancelled as I was out of Canada when COPR was issued. They issue my new COPR, now I need to land to become a PR.
Hi Shashi,

what was the time taken to re issue the COPR after confirming that you landed in Canada ? did they ask for any other document ?