+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
Hello,
I just got a passport request for submission of passport for PRTD. I wanted to know the next steps as in the email I have to book a 2 way courier service. Can anyone who went through this process let me know what to do next and how to book two way courier service?
When did you emailed your application for PRTD ?

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
I havent applied yet.Will apply in couple of days .I have couple of queries under activities history when i came to india i was on loss of pay later on from jan im working from india so should i mention as unemployed during my loss of pay time or should i mention employed by that firm?Also,do i have to fill
Question 17: Absences while employed by a Canadian business?I meet the residency onligation as i received the pr in last yr Nov
Question 17 is NO.
It is only filled when you are paid / employed by canadian employer and they ask you to work in a different country.

Question 14 ( Activities), only fill till the date you were in canada, if you were unemployed, mention unemployed.
They do not want any entries whenafter you leave canada

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
Hello,
I just got a passport request for submission of passport for PRTD. I wanted to know the next steps as in the email I have to book a 2 way courier service. Can anyone who went through this process let me know what to do next and how to book two way courier service?
From which email the request came?
When did you apply ?
How long it took ?
Did you apply via email ?

ivyivyng

Jan 21, 2019
I don't know what reason you are talking about, and where is it asked.
Ideally there is no reason to be mentioned anywhere.
Thank you. I have not received my first PR card yet. Do you think I can get PRTD easily?
I have stayed in Canada for the last 10 years, so hopefully RO shouldnt be a problem for me.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Thank you. I have not received my first PR card yet. Do you think I can get PRTD easily?
I have stayed in Canada for the last 10 years, so hopefully RO shouldnt be a problem for me.
Yes! Per your response you recently got PR and you have not lived outside Canada for more than 3 year out of 5 year given after the PR status.

RO should not be an issue unless there is a serious security threat risk, which is rarely possible because they would have done CBSA, CSIS verification recently while processing your PR application.

Reactions: ivyivyng

Nov 28, 2020
Question 17 is NO.
It is only filled when you are paid / employed by canadian employer and they ask you to work in a different country.

Question 14 ( Activities), only fill till the date you were in canada, if you were unemployed, mention unemployed.
They do not want any entries whenafter you leave canada
Thanks for the info but for question 14 for list of activities it was mrntioned as till present so im confused whether to fill last date when i was in canada or till date. Pls advise
@Jsimran @shashi_b @ritvick

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi All..I received my CoPR today and have some questions about PRTD:
1. Can I apply for PRTD from within Canada or we can only apply for it from outside Canada?
2. I applied for TRV post my BOWP approval on Mar 3rd. I understand that TRV is not issued to Canada PRs (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp). Do you know if I need to do anything to cancel my application or will be automatically cancelled as I am a PR now?

Thanks for your help in advance.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi All..I received my CoPR today and have some questions about PRTD:
1. Can I apply for PRTD from within Canada or we can only apply for it from outside Canada?
2. I applied for TRV post my BOWP approval on Mar 3rd. I understand that TRV is not issued to Canada PRs (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp). Do you know if I need to do anything to cancel my application or will be automatically cancelled as I am a PR now?

Thanks for your help in advance.
On Point No-2 It is better to inform them. From my experience, I was also under same assumption that after PR approval they cancel all in-progress applications, but they have approved my in progress work permit application 2 weeks after PR approval. I know this weird but it happened.