+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hello everyone

Just a quick question. I am planning to go to india and waiting for ecopr through portal can i travel with ecopr and get back to canada with prtd. How much time it takes for prtd and when should i apply?
You could certainly do that. keep a buffer of 60 days in your travel plan to secure a PRTD. You must apply for PRTD after reaching there.

You may get PR card in 1 week after getting eCoPR from the portal. is this not the case now?

Aarnish

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
You could certainly do that. keep a buffer of 60 days in your travel plan to secure a PRTD. You must apply for PRTD after reaching there.

You may get PR card in 1 week after getting eCoPR from the portal. is this not the case now?
It says on website hope so. PRTD website says residency obligations any idea what is that?

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
It says on website hope so. PRTD website says residency obligations any idea what is that?
The new type of CoPR document i.e. eCoPR specifically says the following :

"If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada."

So, I think as per the CoPR document it is allowed to obtain PRTD as new PR's.

Residency obligations are to be adhered, in cases where someone left Canada after getting PR status and they couldn't not meet the requirements of 730 days of physical presence in last 5 years.

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019

"If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada."

Residency obligations are to be adhered, in cases where someone left Canada after getting PR status and they couldn't not meet the requirements of 730 days of physical presence in last 5 years.
For new PR its not an issue as they can complete 730 days in 5 yrs. I confirm the same with agent

Reactions: shashi_b

Aarnish

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019

Ok so we need to be physically present for 730 days before getting pr status.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Ok so we need to be physically present for 730 days before getting pr status.
The eCoPR will give you a PR status from the day it is issued. From that day you get 5 year to count 730 days, so in case of new PR it can be easily met because they will come back in few months or days.

RO is applicable in cases where PR's who lived outside of Canada for more than 3 years, so logically they could not meet the requirement of 730 days.

Reactions: student777

Aarnish

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
The eCoPR will give you a PR status from the day it is issued. From that day you get 5 year to count 730 days, so in case of new PR it can be easily met because they will come back in few months or days.

RO is applicable in cases where PR's who lived outside of Canada for more than 3 years, so logically they could not meet the requirement of 730 days.
Ok then it should be good.

Reactions: shashi_b

BrijeshPatra

Jul 7, 2020
Hi,

The detailed process is given here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada

In summary, the following are the steps :
1. You will have to fill IMM 5424E and send a scanned copy along with all the required documents to following email address : IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

2. IRCC will acknowledge and process the application. Once the application is finalized they will send passport request letter on email.

3. After receiving the passport request letter contact India VAC i.e. VFS on following email address : PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com. You would need to share the details in the email. Proforma is given here : https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/23DrRDr4vm7iIVVB3dbvbA/632bde060a004c84483014a37ecb8055/Proforma-2_Way_Courier.pdf

You can also refer here for more details : https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/ircc-request-update

4. VFS will coordinate with IRCC office for passport receiving, stamping and dispatch. Usually they are using BlueDart courier.

I hope this will be helpful.
@shashi_b , 1. how do we send all the documents to through email? Should we zip all the documents keeping in a folder?
2. Should we give soft copy of the photo?
3. Whats the link for fee payment?

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
@shashi_b , 1. how do we send all the documents to through email? Should we zip all the documents keeping in a folder?
2. Should we give soft copy of the photo?
3. Whats the link for fee payment?
@BrijeshPatra
1. Please use single PDF document.
2. Yes
3. After receiving Passport request letter from IRCC you will have to contact VFS to get payment link for courier charges and VFS processing fee.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
But we also have to pay 50$ fees initially right while applying for PRTD?
Can I please have your email id? mine: brijeshpatra088@gmail.com
Yes you will have to pay the fee of $50 CAD per applicant to IRCC as mentioned in point number 4. here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada

The fee must be paid in INR equivalent of $50 CAD as calculated here : https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=IN&lob=prtd

Please DM me :) for any specific point you would like to discuss.

Reactions: UKaur

Souvik0027

Jan 27, 2021
Dec 30, 2020
Hi All - I received PRTD approval 1/21 and sent passport for stamping on 1/23. Any idea what is the turnaround time. I have my flight on feb 3rd.
Current status showing its with Ircc office for processing more than 2 days.