+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

nir_s

Jan 21, 2021
Hi All, Thanks to those who are actively replying to queries.
1st Question - Question14 (Activities and Employment) and Q15 (Residency obligation) . I became PR (COPR) on 13th Jan 2021. I have not completed 5 years . Before PR, I was on student and work permit. Should I list all of that too or just the current employment status after I became PR?
2nd question - Question 17: Absences while employed by a Canadian business .
I am going on approved vacation leave and will resume work after coming back to canada. Do I have to fill this in employment details too?

Since my total is less than 730 days , should I fill question 19?
Did you all give any extra reason for why you are returning to Canada.

Your help is appreciated. thanks :)

mac315

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi All, Thanks to those who are actively replying to queries.
1st Question - Question14 (Activities and Employment) and Q15 (Residency obligation) . I became PR (COPR) on 13th Jan 2021. I have not completed 5 years . Before PR, I was on student and work permit. Should I list all of that too or just the current employment status after I became PR?
2nd question - Question 17: Absences while employed by a Canadian business .
I am going on approved vacation leave and will resume work after coming back to canada. Do I have to fill this in employment details too?

Since my total is less than 730 days , should I fill question 19?
Did you all give any extra reason for why you are returning to Canada.

Your help is appreciated. thanks :)
I would let someone answer 1st question. For 2nd, you can write not applicable as you are not on Canadian government duty or subsidiaries that will ask you to work from india. Those days in india will be 0

mac315

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi All - I received PRTD approval 1/21 and sent passport for stamping on 1/23. Any idea what is the turnaround time. I have my flight on feb 3rd.
Current status showing its with Ircc office for processing more than 2 days.
Hang tight, It was a week for my wife

Guri21

Mar 31, 2017
My passport is stamped and has been shipped back to me today. Here's my timeline:

Application by Email: January 05, 2021
Acknowledgement of Receipt: January 05, 2021
Passport Request: January 21, 2021
Two Way Courier Requested: January 21, 2021
Payment Link Received: January 24, 2021 (Completed payment same day)
AWB Number Received: January 27, 2021
Package dropped off at local Blue Dart: January 28, 2021 (For some reason they did not accept it on 27th)
Passport stamped and decision package couriered back: February 01, 2021

Reactions: nir_s

uvsrsk

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Could I apply for PRTD before my PR card expires, as I am sure that I wont be travelling back before it expires ?

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
My passport is stamped and has been shipped back to me today. Here's my timeline:

Application by Email: January 05, 2021
Acknowledgement of Receipt: January 05, 2021
Passport Request: January 21, 2021
Two Way Courier Requested: January 21, 2021
Payment Link Received: January 24, 2021 (Completed payment same day)
AWB Number Received: January 27, 2021
Package dropped off at local Blue Dart: January 28, 2021 (For some reason they did not accept it on 27th)
Passport stamped and decision package couriered back: February 01, 2021
that's really great . Did you attach return tickets with application ? Currently I am on a step to request courier service for PRTD and my pin code doesn't have Blue Dart so I have given them option of nearby Blue Dart . Waiting for passport submission vfs to reply for further steps .

Guri21

Mar 31, 2017
that's really great . Did you attach return tickets with application ? Currently I am on a step to request courier service for PRTD and my pin code doesn't have Blue Dart so I have given them option of nearby Blue Dart . Waiting for passport submission vfs to reply for further steps .
Yes I did submit my tickets to IRCC when I applied for PRTD. The stamping process was real quick except for the delays caused by VFS's long delays in between responses to passport submission request emails. Once passport was couriered from my end it took 5 day including a Saturday & Sunday to get back my passport.

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
Yes I did submit my tickets to IRCC when I applied for PRTD. The stamping process was real quick except for the delays caused by VFS's long delays in between responses to passport submission request emails. Once passport was couriered from my end it took 5 day including a Saturday & Sunday to get back my passport.
Thanks for info. My area Blue dart doesn't have two way authority for passport submission . Hence IRCC has given me alternate options which are too far from my home . So I need to arrange drop and pick up at that authorized blue dart location :(

PoonamMane

Dec 13, 2020
One more question, did you drop passport at courier location or they came and picked up from home? If you dropped at blue dart , what address did you give in passport submission web form? was it Blue Dart location address ?

Guri21

Mar 31, 2017
One more question, did you drop passport at courier location or they came and picked up from home? If you dropped at blue dart , what address did you give in passport submission web form? was it Blue Dart location address ?
I used the passport submission email for the request, I had to use the Blue dart location too.
I made sure I mention that info in my first email and they correctly used the blue dart location as specified.