+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

Oct 9, 2019
1. You don't need to tick that box since your RO is good. That check box is usually for people who could not meet RO.

2. It shouldn't affect your application. In worst case, there might be some delay. But that's it.

3. It has been just a year since you became PR. You have to stay for 2 years in last 5 years. So you are meeting the RO.
Thanks alot, its been a month, can you advise what is the usual timeline for PRTD
Also is there anyone in Delhi Immigration whom we can escalate this issue

SrivaniD

Apr 7, 2019
Did you get passport request for visa stamping or authorization letter along with PRTD?
Hi, I'm yet to receive the passport request, it will come through only once the VFS offices are open but I'm planning to request for authorization letter 1 month before my travel.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Thanks for replying.
But this means I have to still apply for PRTD ?
I was in Canada for 4 and half year . I was student , then worker and then became PR on 4 June 2020 and left Canada on June 30 .

I don't physically have my PR card , but email copy of letter in which they sent my PR card .
I need your help in applying PRTD . One is checklist and other is PRTD application form .
In total there are 10 documents .

Did you apply for PRTD ? If so , how you send all these documents? Combined them in one or send them separate as each document .
Please help me in this

Thanks in advance
Either you are confused or confusing us all.

It's simple - If your friend has received your PR card on a Canada address, he can courier it to India, you carry that PR card along with your passport & enter Canada. You DON'T need a PRTD.

Oct 9, 2019
You should contact the embassy and say that you made an error asking for PRTD based on H&C but assume they will eventually look at your form and figure it out themselves.
Thanks, when you say embassy, whom should i contact exactly, and should i tell them , i think H&C is something which takes alot of time??

Last edited:

OluwaT

Star Member
Oct 2, 2020
Can someone help me with my question.I want to apply vie email for PRTD as my VFS is closing tomorrow in the UK. I have my trip planned for Dec 24 and I have a copy of my ticket.Do I need to include my ticket with my application at this point or wait till my PRTD application has been approved.

Oct 9, 2019
Can someone help me on my query, I had applied for PRTD and had shared my flight ticket as well which was summary, but they now asked for a detailed flight ticket, can it further delay my LOA or will they be sending it within 2-3 days

sujeetdahiya

Star Member
May 6, 2019
India
@sumitkamboj88 @canuck78
Hi I am very much confused about few questions, kindly help me

1. I was on SOWP in Canada valid till Nov 21 and came back to India in Feb 20 & spouse is still in Canada and working
2. Got our COPR inland in September

-my question is what shall I explain about RO while filling out the form or shall I put my application under H&C as my spouse is their in Canada and working
- I have my Driving License, SIN number and bank statement of Canada proof ,is this is sufficient proof .
Any additional information to get PRTD will be really great and I needs to travel back on urgent basis.
Kindly help

Thanks in Advance
Need your Suggestion @canuck78

MKAGJJ

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
File Transfer...
14-05-2015
Med's Request
31-12-2015
Med's Done....
7-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-1-2016
So I was able to travel back on my work permit. Once I had the protector stamp done on my passport Pakistani officials were fine but while connecting from Dubai, airline staff tried their best to give me tough time by asking for any recent communication with my work and stuff so I showed them my offer letter and return flight details showing departure from Canada and they were fine even though cic website mentions they will let those also enter who have a valid work permit and even doesnt have an active job, but anyways. At the Toronto airport I just took the "all other passport" line and showed my work permit and TRV to the officer and got stamped in!! I will now apply for my PR card.

Also the PRTD people contacted me so I told them I dont need it anymore and I'm back now and they were chill with it!!

Unfortunately I need a protector stamp on my work visa from Pakistan only then they will let me leave on a work visa. Will try to get it next week and attempt to enter Canada as I live there. Also no response on the PRTD application I submitted last week.

gurman55

Jan 14, 2020
I visited india in March and got COPR inland in June when I was in India. I have a work permit stamp on my passport valid till august 2021. I already applied for PRTD on 24th October from India but after 10 they refund me 50$ fees. What does that refund means? They refused PRTD application? I have to apply it again? How can I go back to canada? Please help me