+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
We are in the same boat. Did landing in March and came back to uk after a day. Now our PR card are in Canada since August and we are looking to apply for Prtd to get them. Could you let me know what did you put in for residency requirement. We also don’t have SIN. We do have an address in Canada which we have used for all communication.
Any help would be appreciated
If your PR cards were sent to a friend or family in Canada it would be much easier for them to send you the cards via courier.

Adekemmy

Oct 22, 2019
Hello. Please who has applied for a prtd from London, UK recently. Their vfs website says prtd applications should be sent in by courier, but that info was only updated on 14 November. Wondering if I should apply my mail instead

OluwaT

Star Member
Oct 2, 2020
Hello. Please who has applied for a prtd from London, UK recently. Their vfs website says prtd applications should be sent in by courier, but that info was only updated on 14 November. Wondering if I should apply my mail instead
I applied last week via Royal Mail although it took almost a week to get delivered,not sure what happened.They are only accepting via courier,so you can use Royal Mail express delivery(trackable) or Dhl etc

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
I applied last week via Royal Mail although it took almost a week to get delivered,not sure what happened.They are only accepting via courier,so you can use Royal Mail express delivery(trackable) or Dhl etc
After getting Prtd do we have to apply for letter of authorisation?

sbsheth

Nov 12, 2020
Count how many days from the day you officially became a PR till the day you left. if it is just 10days, just put that on the application, you are fine. I applied for PRTD recently and I got my visa stamped in my passport. I applied from the USA, I was only in canada for 29days from when i became a PR
Hey! I am in USA right now and have a flight back on 12th December. I have a work permit and a TRV. However I received my CoPR today. I might have to apply for a PRTD from USA. Can you tell me how much time it took for you to get a PRTD? and what is the process? Do I have to get a stamp?

Adekemmy

Oct 22, 2019
Hi, have you received any update? Sent in my application today

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Hello guys, I am inland and received COPR when I was in Canada, already applied for PR card via mail to ottawa PR processing center. However, I am willing to fly India for family health issue. Will I be eligible for PRTD in this case and it says 45 days processing time. How reliable that timeline can be.

Thankyou in advance.