+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I was referring to the post by @MKAGJJ
Yes I guess some are not waiting for confirmation. Assume they tried to reach out by phone and left a message and incorrectly assumed that a phone with a voicemail meant that a person was still in Canada. The majority do seem to be getting phone calls based on other posts.

sujeetdahiya

Star Member
May 6, 2019
India
@sumitkamboj88 @canuck78
Hi I am very much confused about few questions, kindly help me

1. I was on SOWP in Canada valid till Nov 21 and came back to India in Feb 20 & spouse is still in Canada and working
2. Got our COPR inland in September

-my question is what shall I explain about RO while filling out the form or shall I put my application under H&C as my spouse is their in Canada and working
- I have my Driving License, SIN number and bank statement of Canada proof ,is this is sufficient proof .
Any additional information to get PRTD will be really great and I needs to travel back on urgent basis.
Kindly help

Thanks in Advance

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi..Is there anyone here given virtual landing through inland COPR while being stuck in India?
I have valid WP and my spouse and kids have valid visitor visa but all have obviously become inactive now.
We all have PRTD approved but Authorization letter has not been given till date. The response from the COVID PRTD email id is - “we are unable to provide you with Authorization letter at the moment since the circumstances of your landing require further clarification “. We were also given option to revert back PR status and travel back on WP, for which I replied that plz revert PR status for all 4 of us and let us travel on WP and visitor visas but since our reply we have not heard back from them. Its been 3 months now but there has been absolute silence.
Have sent many emails/webforms to Covid Prtd email id / Delhi immigration/ Etobicoke IRCC but not getting any response on the further steps and how do we travel back.
Is there anyone here with family who have got this response and still waiting?
TIA
This is pathetic. They should not have asked to apply for PRTD if they can't provide an authorization letter. you have paid $50 fee for PRTD and now they refusing to give auth letter. They are wasting applicants hard-earned money by asking them to redo medical, PCC etc for no fault of applicants itself. It seems that IRCC does not even have a clue what they are doing.

Reactions: afaisalnwo

Var33

Jun 4, 2020
This is pathetic. They should not have asked to apply for PRTD if they can't provide an authorization letter. you have paid $50 fee for PRTD and now they refusing to give auth letter. They are wasting applicants hard-earned money by asking them to redo medical, PCC etc for no fault of applicants itself. It seems that IRCC does not even have a clue what they are doing.
Yes..stuck now with no solution in sight.
Were u able to get the Authorization letter and travel back?

MaryAB

Oct 30, 2020
Hi,

So thankful to have found this thread. I have a quick question about the PRTD

I had emailed the Embassy asking about my application, and they let me know that they sent a document request.

Where would they have sent this request? Would it be online? Moreover, where wiukd would I send them the document that they requested? Again is this through some sort of portal?

I had submitted a hard copy of my application as the VAC was open, but now it has recently closed.

Any info would be appreciated

MKAGJJ

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
File Transfer...
14-05-2015
Med's Request
31-12-2015
Med's Done....
7-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-1-2016
were you able to travel back on the work permit ?
Unfortunately I need a protector stamp on my work visa from Pakistan only then they will let me leave on a work visa. Will try to get it next week and attempt to enter Canada as I live there. Also no response on the PRTD application I submitted last week.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019
Hey Gokul, thanks a bunch for your help. Got my PRTD approved yesterday!
Hi, can you advise after how many days of sending PRTD Email did you get the approved mail. Also did you follow up with anyone including Delhi Immigration or Cousellor. Did it show any update on IRCC Login, i sent the mail 1 month back but no update till now?

Oct 9, 2019
Hello everyone, I got my PRTD approved today. I'd like to thank everyone on this group for helping me clarify my doubts. Happy to answer any questions you might have from my experience.

Planning to book tickets as soon they're available in the next VBM phase to get the letter of authorization. Will keep this thread posted.
Hi In how many days did your PRTD get approved, did you escalate to Delhi Immigration or followed up with someone on the status. Also did you apply on humanitarian grounds

Oct 9, 2019
No reply from PRTD covid email yet. same status. Application approved but no response to further flight boooking communication. His flight was booked for Sep 6, 2020. Looks like he will have to cancel his booking.
He also reached out from webform and got a weird reply that ' your file is at the local visa office' followed by the Covid-19 delay template. No concrete reply at all. I am wondering if any one here is in the same boat ?

Also, does anyone know when will VFS India open? He is losing time on Residency Obligation. Thanks.
can you advise how to raise webform, which option to select under type of application

Oct 9, 2019
No, that box is for those who do not meet the residency obligation. You are fine with the information u provided. I submitted everything on the checklist. and i submitted a scanned copy of my copr
Hi, i have ticked on the H&C option because I can to India in Oct while i landed in Canada in March'20, so have just stayed in Canada for 6 months, will that affect my PRTD Application

Oct 9, 2019
Hi All, i urgently need help, I had sent the form by ticking the H&C option, I am a PR Holder who stayed for 6 months in Canada and came back in Oct 1st week for 2 months,
1) was I needed to tick that H&C option,
2) will that affect my application
3) If not then how will I justify my residency obligation

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, i urgently need help, I had sent the form by ticking the H&C option, I am a PR Holder who stayed for 6 months in Canada and came back in Oct 1st week for 2 months,
1) was I needed to tick that H&C option,
2) will that affect my application
3) If not then how will I justify my residency obligation
1. You don't need to tick that box since your RO is good. That check box is usually for people who could not meet RO.

2. It shouldn't affect your application. In worst case, there might be some delay. But that's it.

3. It has been just a year since you became PR. You have to stay for 2 years in last 5 years. So you are meeting the RO.