+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Faheem or any one who can help.

Can you tell me what documents have you provided for showing the residency obligation. I have the CRA assesment for 5 year but nothing else. Bank statements from 5 years ago are really difficult to get and even other documents mentioned in the checklist.
You need more than a CRA statement. NOA doesn’t indicate how many days you were in Canada.

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
You need more than a CRA statement. NOA doesn’t indicate how many days you were in Canada.
Hey canuck78
Thanks for replying. Can you suggest what proof I can use for proving the residency obligation. I am out of ideas, any help highly appreciated. This is what the Document checklist (imm5627) mentions but most of these just do not ascertain my being in Canada :

At a minimum, you must provide 2 pieces of evidence that can show residency in Canada in the 5 years immediately before the application, such as :
- employment records or pay stubs;
- bank statements;
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment for the five (5) years immediately before the application;
- evidence that you received benefits from Canadian government programs;
- rental agreements;
- club memberships;
- or any other document that are relevant to the determination of your residency obligation.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey canuck78
Thanks for replying. Can you suggest what proof I can use for proving the residency obligation. I am out of ideas, any help highly appreciated. This is what the Document checklist (imm5627) mentions but most of these just do not ascertain my being in Canada :

At a minimum, you must provide 2 pieces of evidence that can show residency in Canada in the 5 years immediately before the application, such as :
- employment records or pay stubs;
- bank statements;
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment for the five (5) years immediately before the application;
- evidence that you received benefits from Canadian government programs;
- rental agreements;
- club memberships;
- or any other document that are relevant to the determination of your residency obligation.
It is the combination of different documents that helps you prove your RO. Things like your bank or credit card statements showing when you were in Canada based on your purchase records are also helpful documents.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Faheem or any one who can help.

Can you tell me what documents have you provided for showing the residency obligation. I have the CRA assesment for 5 year but nothing else. Bank statements from 5 years ago are really difficult to get and even other documents mentioned in the checklist.
How about school, prescription and medical record? That works too.

Faheem00

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hi, which visa office did you submit your passport to? I heard many VFS offices are closed.
I submitted in bahrain. Here VFS open with limited services only. I directly got request from IRCC to submit my passport to VFS for visa stamping in bahrain through courier.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
My friend has crossed his 30 day period to request for e-authorization letter. He is going to book tickets soon and will be requesting an e-authorization letter soon. Will post the update here.
Hi @gta88 any update from your friend. Did he submit his tickets?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does someone know how to check the status of PRTD application via email? It's been weeks since I applied.
There isn’t a way you can know how long your PRTD will take. You can email the local office and ask about the status but you will likely be told that it is still being processed.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi @gta88 any update from your friend. Did he submit his tickets?
Hi, he just told me that he sent a request last week and waiting for a response. He crossed his 30 day period in August 1st week and his ticket request is for 1st week of September. Will post an update here once he shares it with me. I am helping him with my address for quarantine reasons.

Reactions: gokul0989

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi, he just told me that he sent a request last week and waiting for a response. He crossed his 30 day period in August 1st week and his ticket request is for 1st week of September. Will post an update here once he shares it with me. I am helping him with my address for quarantine reasons.
Thank you.

TJVY

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
I submitted in bahrain. Here VFS open with limited services only. I directly got request from IRCC to submit my passport to VFS for visa stamping in bahrain through courier.
Hi Faheem even I landed this year and left before receiving PR card. I need to apply for PRTD , can you please assist the documents you submitted for PRTD application as my case is pretty much the same.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Faheem even I landed this year and left before receiving PR card. I need to apply for PRTD , can you please assist the documents you submitted for PRTD application as my case is pretty much the same.
No documents except proof of when you landed.