+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay. However, @gokul0989 was in a similar situation as me and applied for PRTD. I have heard is some other forums that travelling via land with COPR can end up in some sort of questioning by border immigration officers. So, I do not want to take that route. Also, I do not have urgent travel plans as of now.
At the moment most of the PRTD processing is for immediate travellers. PRTD is usually for a finite period. It is no better than a COPR. The persom entering on a COPR probably hadn't been to Canada in years thus the questioning.

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
At the moment most of the PRTD processing is for immediate travellers. PRTD is usually for a finite period. It is no better than a COPR. The persom entering on a COPR probably hadn't been to Canada in years thus the questioning.
I see. On a different note, can you tell me then what could be my options if I don't receive my PR cards within 180 days of landing? I will be hitting that mark on Aug 2nd.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Yeah, Authorization letter is all you need to travel.
I applied from India as I am in India from past 3-4 months but I have been a resident of US from past 5 years. I believe it got processed from India Visa office considering I applied from India.
Hi, Could you please let me know how long was the validity of the Letter of Authorization. Can I send the flight tickets after 30 days of getting the PRTD approval or should it be sent within the 30 day period. I am planning to travel on September 10. And, which airline did you book?. Appreciate your help.

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
This person lives in the US.
Hi, appreciate your feedback. However, I have some my own valid reasons to not travel via land. At the same time, times are not great for people with work visas in the US. Hence, although I do not have immediate travel plans, I still need a valid document as my PR proof that can be used for travel. Since, it has been close to 6 months from my date of landing and I am yet to get my PR card, I felt PRTD is the way to go.

Reactions: asaeed100

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
hi Folks...I see that they are asking for tickets if you want to travel urgently. is it necessary that the date of travel should be within 30 days from the approval of our application or can it be let's say 50 days but we have to submit the ticket within 30 days? TIA
Hi I am kind of in the same situation now. I got the approval and have been asked to submit a ticket for immediate travel within 30 days. How did you go? Did you submit the tickets for a date later than 30 days and got LOA?. Pls let me know. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, appreciate your feedback. However, I have some my own valid reasons to not travel via land. At the same time, times are not great for people with work visas in the US. Hence, although I do not have immediate travel plans, I still need a valid document as my PR proof that can be used for travel. Since, it has been close to 6 months from my date of landing and I am yet to get my PR card, I felt PRTD is the way to go.
I understand that but PRTD are usually only for short time periods so it doesn’t seem very helpful for you if you have no plans on moving anytime soon. In general you get a PRTD when you want to travel in the near future.

Faheem00

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
FYI

Today i got approval for PRTD. I applied on 22nd July. In Bahrain VFS is Accepting passports for stamping. They just said in the email to submit passport.

Would like to thanks everyone for your support and guidance.

Thanks.
Stay safe and blessed

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
FYI

Today i got approval for PRTD. I applied on 22nd July. In Bahrain VFS is Accepting passports for stamping. They just said in the email to submit passport.

Would like to thanks everyone for your support and guidance.

Thanks.
Stay safe and blessed
Congratulations. Did they ask for tickets?

tpflazaro

May 6, 2020
No they just mentioned on email that submit your original passport to VFS nearest to you in order to complete processing of your application.
Did you tag your application as urgent? If yes, where did you put that? on your application or in the email? I applied last July 17th, but no response yet.

Last edited:

Faheem00

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Did you tag your application as urgent? If yes, where did you put that? on your application or in the email? I applied last July 17th, but no response yet.
No i submitted PRTD form as usual. And my intended date of travel is end of September. I believe it depends on which country did you applied from. I applied from bahrain. Here VFS is also accepting passports for stamping.